Are there missing forums?

Square Wheels

KM, everyone that has purchased a IPB license has a legal, valid, and active license, the only thing Dylan and many others are guilty of is not renewing their support for the ticket center.

Inactive support is a world of difference from inactive license and just because any Client here has not renewed their support on the 3.4.x software due to all this talk and hype for the 4.0 is not guilty of anything other than they cannot open a ticket on said license(s), so removing their Client status from the company forum is wrong and there is no way to justify it is the right thing to do to a Client.

Then you have the Contributors that sell mods, apps, and /or skins in the market place right here on this very site which IPB gets a commission for those sales as well, so how can you sit and argue the demotion of Clients to begin with?

Do they have developer documentation yet? One of the things that stopped me from going there really. Well, that and the whole "ips is better in every way shape and form" thing.

Leaps and bounds better in detail then what IPS has to offer:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/development-tutorials.36/?order=rating_weighted

To be perfectly honest. When I wanted to purchase another software suite - I didn't intend to get back into developing or skinning or designing. I wanted a product that had a good amount of mods and backed by a good team. vBulletin 5 is a joke, so it was between Xenforo and IPB.

IPB had more mods and I felt the company had better standards, but after this - I'm simply waiting till 4.0 hits or other improvemnets to see if I actually want to convert over to Xenforo. I haven't seen anything impressive on IPS 4.0 - it's just an updated framework with few features that matter on the front end so far. Heck, when IPS 4.0 hits, Rimi - You could probably write an app/hook called "Unofficial IPS 4.0 for 3.4.x" and become rich :lol:

If you hide important forum sections where users interact each other , you're simply shooting your own foot because customers will like to see the quality of the community they will become member to.

You are also limiting yourself regarding the traffic you are receiving from Search Engines which again is the same as above.

There are sone major reasons why IPB is not gaining market share where as Xenforo is moving to lead the forum market.

One of the most important reason is a group of user on IPB Community. Same handful number of people whom choose right to attack other users. IPB staff may not realised this issue however this is a very important thing for any software imo. as if users will not freely share their opinions on this forum , things will never get to a perfect level.

Ok guys, this topic is a little ridiculous and I'm ashamed our third party developer community would behave this way.

If you guys would simply put the pitchforks down for 10 seconds and ask politely, you would have discovered that this was not intentional. Please see my last responses in this topic where I explicitly said you should have access.

The client lounge, specifically, requires an active license. The majority of the other peer to peer help forums can be accessed so long as you have purchased a license, whether it is currently active or not.

You should have access if any license is active (rather than requiring *all* being active).

Can you not post in the support topics for your modifications? You show as a contributor presently and in the 'Members' group (as opposed to the clients group). My understanding was you still had access to those forums, and the concerns presented were specifically about the Contributor Center (which, fun fact, I spent some time last night making accessible to all contributors...), not the ability to respond to the support topics.

Instead of patiently pointing out that you don't, however, a handful of you are getting up in arms and then flying off the handle because something changed, "demanding" to know why. Ignoring the fact that we don't have to explain every change we make, if you must know why this had changed - it was because we were working on giving contributors MORE access actually (specifically, if you had an expired license previously you could not access the contributors center...now you can).

I think some of you need to take a few steps back, take a deep breath, and stop attacking us every time something happens that you don't like. Access to this community, contributor or otherwise, is a privilege and not a right after all. Those of you who have been here a while should know by now that we strive to provide nothing less than excellent service and a positive experience, and generally if something inexplicable happens out of nowhere there's probably a good reason, or it was an accident. The best way to address those situations is to politely ask and then to politely wait for an official response.

I've resolved the problem (at least I believe - I don't have a test account handy right now to verify with). Please log out and back in and it should sync your permissions and give you access to the forums you lost access to. If not, please shoot me a message and I'll work with you one on one (because I'll probably need to login as you to test further) to get it sorted. Otherwise I think this topic has run its course, and if you have any specific concerns please feel free to submit a ticket directed towards the management team.

Archived