community.invisionpower.com is down?

Sonya*

If it was you wouldn't be timing out, you would be getting an error message from the site

No. If the site is down, then it cannot give any message ;)

It can be related to hardware though. Anyone from IPS can comment this instable behaviour? Is it related to the software?

No. If the site is down, then it cannot give any message ;)

It can be related to hardware though. Anyone from IPS can comment this instable behaviour? Is it related to the software?

There was a similar problem earlier, and it was pointed out it was a DDoS attack. Might be the same problem now...

EDIT: it sounds like it. couldn't edit this reply due to the site being up and down.

Please see the following : http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/373951-waiting-for-community-invisionpower-com/?p=2339779

Care to say what that link tells people? I have access to the client area (but not a current 'support licence') and I am logged in with the same email and password that I use to access my client area, but all I see is:

This forum is only available to those logged in with a client account.

If you are a current IPS client and are seeing this message, please

log out

and then log in with the

same email and password that you use for the client area

If you need assistance logging in as a client please submit a ticket and we will be happy to assist.

• Management

Very sorry for the inconvenience folks. Finding a good balance between blocking the attack and legitimate traffic is no easy feat with a large scale attack. We are doing the best we can and have just loosened the mitigation profile once again. If you still encounter an issue, please submit your IP address (http://ip.ipslink.com) via the client center for further investigation.

Thank you for your patience.

Lindy, I have dynamic IP address, it would not help.

I can only recommend these guys http://stop-ddos.net/en/ They have stopped DDoS attack on my server within free trial period, then I went for light protection for a month to be sure. After a month I have cancelled as the attacker have seen that it is no sense to bomb me ;)

And yes. I know how difficult it is to prevent good planned DDoS attack. It is not "just banning by IP". I do not want to be at your place as this like fighting with windmills. :(

It's been happening to me ever since I bought the software on December 1st. I've been trying to use these forums to find answers to questions that I have and half the time it either loads slowly or not at all. 9 days is a long time to be under attack without a solution. It's making me wonder if I made the right choice :/

Good luck to you guys though. I'm sure it's a nightmare of a problem to have to deal with.

• Management

Support staff do not have the appropriate access to remove blocks. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience - I know these forums are important to many. Unfortunately, in spite of the armchair experts opinions, mitigating an attack of this magnitude is no easy feat. Too lose of filtering causes a complete outage. Too much causes legitimate traffic to get blocked. We are still in the process of finding a healthy balance and determining why a few are having such issues while the majority are just fine.

I should note, the client area is and remains fully functional. That is the primary mode of support. Again, I know many get anxious over the community, but if you have a technical issue, you are free to submit a support request.

We are in the process of fine tuning more and hope these issues continue to improve.

We are still in the process of finding a healthy balance and determining why a few are having such issues while the majority are just fine.

Just to give you feedback. My connectivity to this site is fine for past hours... No timeouts any more.

Very sorry for the inconvenience folks. Finding a good balance between blocking the attack and legitimate traffic is no easy feat with a large scale attack. We are doing the best we can and have just loosened the mitigation profile once again. If you still encounter an issue, please submit your IP address (http://ip.ipslink.com) via the client center for further investigation.

I had to use a proxy to visit the community to see this topic. Wasn't sure if there was some sort of a network outage between the forums and me or what was going on. Even some sites that check if other sites are responding were having issues, so thought it was a network issue. After seeing this, followed the instructions and see you got it fixed rather quick, thanks. :smile:

We are in the process of fine tuning more and hope these issues continue to improve.

I don't envy the headache you're obviously dealing with right now. Ouch.

Mines set now, thanks Lindy

Same here. :D

well if it helps I am on TDS telecom system (only broadband in area) and....well...lot of spammers on them.
not that I am one of course :tongue:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuure you're not... :tongue:

Archived