Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

OK guys, quick update, I'll be taking over support/updates to this app. I just got this transferred over to me today, and so I've got some work to do to get up-to-speed on everything going on with this app, but don't panic about it not being supported anymore. I'll be sure to ensure it is updated for IP.Board 3.2, and get things set up so that I can track and fix any existing bugs. A full announcement about the details will be coming soon.

Very cool! Thank you so much.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just the global shoutbox hook you're referring to? You can just disable that hook if you don't want it to show, or if you want to adjust what pages for it to show on then change the settings on the "Hook: Global Shoutbox" group of settings.

Excellent news Michael and thankyou for taking this on

Disabling the application will not disable the associated hooks, those must be disabled separately. This is so you can run this app as just the global shoutbox hook on top of standard forum pages without needing to also have the just-shoutbox application page.

Your second screenshot is the hook, right? That hook is not affected by the application enabled setting. If you want to stop the shoutbox hook from displaying, disable the hook.

This application is resource intensive, yeah, it's likely going to slow things down.

Yeah,Thanks but i go on other forums with the exact same version of the shoutbox (1.1.3) and the exact same version of ipb (3.1.4)..

Any reasons why?.Or do i need to upgrade my host?.Im only paying $9.99 a month..

Thank You.

There's no way I could even begin to guess what the reason for your problem is. In order to properly diagnose it, you'd need to have someone debugging the site to see exactly where the slowdown is occurring. Anything else would be useless conjecture.

I doubt you;d be able to use it on a standalone page, since this is an IP.Board app, but it may be possible to have it work on a specific IP.Content page. There's this code in the hook for determining pages to show it on:

elseif ( strtolower($this->request[ $key ]) == strtolower($value) )

{

$foundParts++;

}

Sop if you set up a page value where you're checking for a specific $this->request key and value that show up on this IP.Content page, then it should show on that page.

I localize this problem:

File: \admin\applications_addon\other\shoutbox\sources\classes\library.php

// Get a proper date from UNIX

#$r['s_date']   = $this->lang->getDate( $r['s_date'], 'manual{'.$this->settings['shoutbox_time_long'].'}' );

$r['s_date']   = ( $r['s_date'] > $this->_start_stamp ) ? $this->lang->getDate( $r['s_date'], 'manual{'.$this->settings['shoutbox_time_long'].'}' ) : $this->lang->getDate( $r['s_date'], 'manual{'.$this->settings['shoutbox_time_today'].'}' );

But I don't know how fix it? Any ideas?

Same problem here, Today and Yesterday are not displayed because of the code above...
Does someone can correct it please ?

Look for the section: Where can the BBCode be used?

If you have the option on Available on all sections, it will be visible on the shoutbox.

Many thanks! That sorted it out :)

I thought I was subscribed to the topic but it seems I wasn't otherwise I would have responded sooner.

Cheers

John

Hi,

I am trying to position the shoutbox beneath the forums but above the statistics/whosonline box. At the minute all I seem to be able to do is put it up top under the header/above forums or down bottom above footer/below statistics/whosonline box, though perhaps I am missing something. Any one point me in the right direction?

Hello,

Is anyone having these issues, I installed a fresh version of IPB 3.1.4 , I installed the shoutbox 1.1.3 which installs fine, So on the board index it shows up with the message inside the box:

Guest : (08 May 2011 - 10:20 AM) Congratulations, you have successfully installed IP.Shoutbox!

Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Manage User Groups -> Edit a Group -> IP.Shoutbox TAB

On the members bar there is the tab [shoutbox]

Now I set the permissions via ACP > Members > Member permissions > Shoutbox > Can use shoutbox [YES]

Soon as I save the shoutbox goes of the index page, But when I click the shoutbox in the members bar tab I can se and use this.

Done skin rebuild, Skin cache, Re install, Just about everything !

Any suggestions.

Does it work on the default skin ?

Guests cannot see the archive link on your board. Do you see it when logged in ?

You have enabled it for each group as needed ? (Manage User Groups > Shoutbox tab > 'View Shoutbox Archive?')

Yes, all the permissions seem to be set right. I've temporarily made it so guests can use the sb and view the archive so you can see what I mean. Basically, the archive comes up, but it makes me enter a filter and nothing ever comes up in the filter search. No matter what dates I enter.

Can this be moved to the sidebar instead of at the top of the forum?

Go to the IP.Shoutbox -> Hook: Global Shoutbox group under System Settings in your Admin CP and change the Hook to enable? setting to Sidebar. You'll then need to recache your skins.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the global shoutbox from my IP Content Homepage? I've tried excluding app=home, app=css, app=index, app=portal, app=ipcontent but none of these worked and I'm shooting in the dark. :blush: Nevermind, since I couldn't figure out what to exclude, I told it what to include and worked around the issue. :D

i have installed shoutbox 1.1.3 on ipb 3.1.4 forum . I can see shoutbox on top of my forum but if i type a shout it will not work. Other functions like
clear,refresh,smilies and also displaying under SB but if i click on those buttons it never work. Please advice.

Archived