Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

My shoutbox suddenly stopped working. I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling. How do I uninstall? Thanks!!!

remove the application from
1. Applications & Modules >
2. Manage Applications & Modules >
3. Manage Applications & Modules

then remove the files or overwrite them from a fresh download.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do see this error coming up in shoutbox every time it refreshs

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare my_getenv() (previously declared in (FULL PATH REMOVED FOR SECURITY)initdata.php:354) in (FULL PATH REMOVED FOR SECURITY)initdata.php on line 372

Any fix for this?

After I install, I visit my board and see this.

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home/knimmed/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 409

Please help

Are you using Shoutbox 1.1.3 and Board 3.1.4 (say if not what versions you are using please)

If you are, go to Look / Feel > Template Tools. Scroll down to "Rebuild Master Skin Data". Check all the box's left and right and run the tool.

Scroll up and now run "Recache Skin Sets"

You need to do it in that order. Now try viewing the Shoutbox again.

I seem to think (probably wrongly) that's json related. What board / shoutbox version are you using ?

Do you have any other board issues elsewhere ?

the latest as it is available.. I also saw it once when I try to edit a post and several times clicking back to forums in browser from gallery. That is why I believe that it happens to some IPB features.

This happened yesterday and I haven't saw it again yet.

GDay have been trying most the day with no luck, was hoping for some advice how to modify the display of the shoutbox from the default as seen in image 1, to display as per image 2. Basically to display as the same width as the gallery box.
Cheers and thanks for any help.
Les.
%7Boption%7D
%7Boption%7D

Hello,

ShoutBox is an important application in my site and with IPB 3.2 nearby what is the future of this app? Will we see it running in 3.2? Will this shout have a future?

It's very sad to see other boards software have some alternatives and we are stuck with one without a clear future.

If someone it's interested I'll pay for a Shoutbox application with support and future and I believe others will do the same.

Thanks

Hello,

ShoutBox is an important application in my site and with IPB 3.2 nearby what is the future of this app? Will we see it running in 3.2? Will this shout have a future?

It's very sad to see other boards software have some alternatives and we are stuck with one without a clear future.

If someone it's interested I'll pay for a Shoutbox application with support and future and I believe others will do the same.

Thanks

Nuno,

I've asked before and had no response. Others have also asked.
Ultimately, if there is no support and the file is not working, according to IPB staff the solution is to report the file as broken. They will then chase the owner to attempt to get the issues addressed.

As it goes, I've now pulled this from my forums due to NIL response over the last 6 months. Whilst it was working, I can't afford to have a non supported product on my sites. The members weren't pleased for a few days but they soon got used to it being gone. In fact post count and topic creation has gone UP on both sites since its been removed.

Any idea why new users can't post in the shoutbox ?

I think by default new groups have the ability to "shout" disabled, although they can see it they cannot use it. Edit that group to confirm / adjust their permission for the Shoutbox.

OK guys, quick update, I'll be taking over support/updates to this app. I just got this transferred over to me today, and so I've got some work to do to get up-to-speed on everything going on with this app, but don't panic about it not being supported anymore. I'll be sure to ensure it is updated for IP.Board 3.2, and get things set up so that I can track and fix any existing bugs. A full announcement about the details will be coming soon.

Archived