Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

Michael,

I think this was asked before, but in a future version, could we have a way for members to chose a fixed color for they shouts?

I came from vB and my members where used to this and are always asking for this.

Thanks

I've added that to the feature suggestions list:

http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-253-user-shout-color-preferences/
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone tell me how to remove the global shoutbox from my IP Content Homepage?

I tired excluding "app=ccs" but it still showing for some reason. I even tired it on different browsers.

------EDIT:

Actually, I just realized I forgot to select the "Type of Page Check" part. Sorry.

How can i stop each 1st letter in a word from being captaltize. Its really annoying me and my members. We just upgraded from 2.36 and this is something were never going to get used to.

For example

This red dog is pretty

from 2.36 and shoutbox

turns into

This Red Dog Is Pretty

from 3.3 ipb and shoutbox

How can we bring back the 2.36 style.

please and thanks

I installed this, and it looks like this...

[img]

[/img]

[size="5"]How do i get shoutbox under the global message, instead of on top?[/size]

I had this problem as well, and what worked for me was to go to Admin CP -> System -> Manage Hooks and put the Global Message hook over the Shoutbox hook.

%7Boption%7D
Like so.

Broken Features that need a Fix for Update

• Moderators can ban moderators
  • Pruning a specific users' shouts does not work
  • When you /prune 0, the shoutbox will essentially "break" for everyone using the shoutbox at that time, usually they have no idea what just happened and I get 40 PMs asking me why their shoutbox broke - even though all I did was prune it
  • /banlist doesn't seem to work
  • No word-wrap - you can type "qqqqqqqqqqq..." and so on forever, and it'll break the width of the entire website for anyone who isn't idle in the shoutbox
  • Shoutbox will infinitely scroll; what I mean: when you're active in the shoutbox having a conversation with someone, the shoutbox will never add a "page 2" to the box, it'll just make the scrollbar smaller and smaller and keep adding more shouts until you actually refresh the entire page

Feature Requests for Update

• Would like to have images over the "resize percentage" (as set in ACP for topics/posts) to be resized per your setting, so huge images are automatically resized
  • Would like to have it so we can disable certain BBcode features in the shoutbox - I like the automatic embed of YouTube videos on my forums... but not in the shoutbox. Problem is, I can't have both because if I remove it, then it won't work on the forums... I don't even know if this is possible, but nonetheless, I'd love to see it
  • Would like to have the /silence feature from the Inferno box back on IPB 2.x
  • Being banned from the shoutbox completely removes the entire shoutbox from the forum for that user. I'd much rather it go into an idle-like mode, and just have a "You are banned from the Shoutbox." message
  • If a silence feature is added, add the ability for moderators to /silencelist (much like banlist)
  • When a user is banned from the shoutbox, have a "/me" message appear in the shoutbox "{moderator} has banned {member} from the shoutbox." same for silnce feature
  • When a user is silenced, allow them to still see the shoutbox & shouts being made, just not able to shout (as it was in the Inferno box)
  • Add in a /me feature
  • Add in custom commands (like the Inferno box), this feature is undeniably a favorite features of my staff on my website; we were able to easily shout messages to new users that would answer questions frequently asked... saving a lot of time & making our job easier

Thanks for the reply @ micheal.

You have any idea how to fix this problem below:

How can i put the TIME STAMP on the right side of the shout instead of the left?

THe way it was in ipb 2.3

thanks

It already is on the right side.

Broken Features that need a Fix for Update

• Moderators can ban moderators
  • Pruning a specific users' shouts does not work
  • When you /prune 0, the shoutbox will essentially "break" for everyone using the shoutbox at that time, usually they have no idea what just happened and I get 40 PMs asking me why their shoutbox broke - even though all I did was prune it
  • /banlist doesn't seem to work
  • No word-wrap - you can type "qqqqqqqqqqq..." and so on forever, and it'll break the width of the entire website for anyone who isn't idle in the shoutbox
  • Shoutbox will infinitely scroll; what I mean: when you're active in the shoutbox having a conversation with someone, the shoutbox will never add a "page 2" to the box, it'll just make the scrollbar smaller and smaller and keep adding more shouts until you actually refresh the entire page

Feature Requests for Update

• Would like to have images over the "resize percentage" (as set in ACP for topics/posts) to be resized per your setting, so huge images are automatically resized
  • Would like to have it so we can disable certain BBcode features in the shoutbox - I like the automatic embed of YouTube videos on my forums... but not in the shoutbox. Problem is, I can't have both because if I remove it, then it won't work on the forums... I don't even know if this is possible, but nonetheless, I'd love to see it
  • Would like to have the /silence feature from the Inferno box back on IPB 2.x
  • Being banned from the shoutbox completely removes the entire shoutbox from the forum for that user. I'd much rather it go into an idle-like mode, and just have a "You are banned from the Shoutbox." message
  • If a silence feature is added, add the ability for moderators to /silencelist (much like banlist)
  • When a user is banned from the shoutbox, have a "/me" message appear in the shoutbox "{moderator} has banned {member} from the shoutbox." same for silnce feature
  • When a user is silenced, allow them to still see the shoutbox & shouts being made, just not able to shout (as it was in the Inferno box)
  • Add in a /me feature
  • Add in custom commands (like the Inferno box), this feature is undeniably a favorite features of my staff on my website; we were able to easily shout messages to new users that would answer questions frequently asked... saving a lot of time & making our job easier

Bug Tracker
Feature Request Tracker

[url=http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/project-2-shoutbox-bug-reports/]Bug Tracker[/url]

[url=http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/project-7-shoutbox-feature-suggestions/]Feature Request Tracker[/url]

I cannot submit new bugs/feature requests.

Hi there, is there anyway I can turn off the shoutbox on the front page, so nobody can see the shoutbox, but when they click on the menu link and they can go to the shoutbox?

also, when they are in the shoutbox, they have the option to choose whether they want it to show on the forum frontpage.

Thanks for the reply @ micheal.

You have any idea how to fix this problem below:

How can i put the TIME STAMP on the left side of the shout instead of the right?

THe way it was in ipb 2.3

thanks

Sorry, i meant back on the left side of the shout instead of the right.

%7Boption%7D

Hi there, is there anyway I can turn off the shoutbox on the front page, so nobody can see the shoutbox, but when they click on the menu link and they can go to the shoutbox?

also, when they are in the shoutbox, they have the option to choose whether they want it to show on the forum frontpage.

You can turn off the Shoutbox on the front page by disabling the Global Shoutbox hook, but then it's off completely. Or you can leave it on and people can disable it themselves by going into their My Prefs popup. But there's no built-in way to do exactly like what you're describing.

Sorry, i meant back on the left side of the shout instead of the right.

[img]

[/img]

There's no built-in way to do that, but it could be done with a bit of skinning. Try changing this code in skin_shoutbox -> shout_row:

<span class='right shoutbox_time'

To this:

<span class='left shoutbox_time'

You can turn off the Shoutbox on the front page by disabling the Global Shoutbox hook, but then it's off completely. Or you can leave it on and people can disable it themselves by going into their My Prefs popup. But there's no built-in way to do exactly like what you're describing.

Thanks Michael

Thanks micheal you been awesome. I edited the skin and now it seems it put its after the person name. Is there anyway to get all way to the left. (before the username)

Pic of the problem.

Thanks

[img]

[/img]

Try this for the code in that shout_row template:

<if test="$ajax==false"><tr class='row2' id='shout-{$d['_archive']}row-{$d['s_id']}'></if>

<td align='right' valign='top' style='width: 1%; white-space: nowrap;'>

<span class='right shoutbox_time' title='{$d['_date']}'>({$d['s_date']})<if test="$can_edit || ($this->registry->getClass('shoutboxLibrary')->moderator && $this->registry->getClass('shoutboxLibrary')->checkModeratorPerm('edit_shouts', true))"> <a href='{parse url="app=shoutbox" seotitle="false" base="public"}#edit{$d['s_id']}' onclick='return ipshoutbox.shoutAjax.editShout({$d['s_id']})' title='{$this->lang->words['mod_opt_edit']}'>{parse replacement="edit_post_icon"}</a></if><if test="$this->registry->getClass('shoutboxLibrary')->moderator"> <a href='{parse url="app=shoutbox" seotitle="false" base="public"}#shout{$d['s_id']}' onclick='return ipshoutbox.shoutAjax.modOptsLoadShout({$d['s_id']})' title='{$this->lang->words['mmenu_load_mod_opts']}'>{parse replacement="edit_folder"}</a></if></span>

</td>

<td align='right' valign='top' style='width: 1%; white-space: nowrap;'>

<if test="$d['member_id'] && $this->registry->getClass('shoutboxLibrary')->moderator"><a href='#member{$d['member_id']}' onclick='return ipshoutbox.shoutAjax.modOptsLoadMember({$d['member_id']})' title='{$this->lang->words['mmenu_load_mod_opts']}'>{parse replacement="user_edit_icon"}</a> </if>

<if test="$d['member_id']">

<a href='{parse url="showuser={$d['member_id']}" template="showuser" seotitle="{$d['members_seo_name']}" base="public"}' title='{$d['members_display_name']}'>{$d['_members_display_name']}</a>{parse template="user_popup" group="global" params="$d['s_mid'], $d['members_seo_name']"}

<else />

<abbr title="{$d['members_display_name']}">{$d['_members_display_name']}</abbr>

</if>

:

</td>

<td valign='top' style='width: 98%;'>

<if test="$d['_ignored'] == 1">

<span id='unhide_shout_{$d['s_id']}' class='shoutbox_time'>{$this->lang->words['ignored_shouter']} <a href='#shout{$d['s_id']}' onclick='return ipshoutbox.showHiddenShout({$d['s_id']})' title='{$this->lang->words['ignored_shouter_view']}'>{$this->lang->words['ignored_shouter_view']}</a></span>

<span id='hidden_shout_{$d['s_id']}' style='display:none'>{$d['s_message']}</span>

<else />

{$d['s_message']}

</if>

</td>

<if test="$ajax==false"></tr></if>

Hello

It is possible to have only shoutbox restrictions in the ACP?

I do not have an option just for the online offline settings..Must enable Grant access to System application to do that..

Any help will be nice

thanks

Thanks, I've filed a bug report about that: http://invisionfocus.com/tracker/issue-263-admin-cp-permissions/. Will be sure to fix that in the next release.

Archived