Download: Shoutbox

Pete T

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to be having a problem with this. For some reason, when I hit "Install" to install it, it takes me through all the steps and I click next until I come to the step where it wants me to select what to install. For some reason, there is no check box next to the shoutbox mod, and there is no check box next to anything else, is there any reason why this is?

I seem to be having a problem with this. For some reason, when I hit "Install" to install it, it takes me through all the steps and I click next until I come to the step where it wants me to select what to install. For some reason, there is no check box next to the shoutbox mod, and there is no check box next to anything else, is there any reason why this is?

I'd need to see a screenshot to see what you mean. If you are going to take one, blank out the URL session or all the URL if in doubt.

By the sounds of it you have not uploaded the files into the right location. You do not need to (and should not) upload the upload folder, only its contents.

Ok, I took some screenshots, and this is what happens. @Andyf: I have uploaded all the files to the correct place.

When I click "Install" I am taken to this page:

Once I log in, I am then taken to the requirement page, once I hit next, I am then taken to this page:

I can not move on from that page, for there is nothing to check.

Maybe just clear cache for shoutbox as temp fix ?

no, that doesn't fix anything, when you clear the cache it reloads the character from the db...then barfs

this is a UTF8 character being stored in a UTF8 table, but shoutbox's cache can't handle UTF8 characters

so this is a bug in the caching function, and the only way to fix it (on my end) is to either delete the characters from the shout table whenever they appear and bring down chat, or else turn caching off in the shoutbox, which may come with a perf penalty in some setups

Hi

I had to hunt to find this support topic....

Ok, my members are getting more than a bit fed up with youtube links dropped in the shoutbox being automatically converted to the embedded video. Why can't it behave like the rest of IPB? If you drop a youtube link in a topic it remains a link. You have to use the media tag to display it as a video. Yet in the shoutbox the default embeds it as a video!

How can I stop this happening. Where do i edit? There isn't an option I can see to stop this default behavior.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

John

Look & Feel > Post Content > BBCode Management > Media

Look for the section: Where can the BBCode be used?
Only enable sections like Topics & Replies, Signatures, About Me, etc.
If you have the option on Available on all sections, it will be visible on the shoutbox.

Ok, I took some screenshots, and this is what happens. @Andyf: I have uploaded all the files to the correct place.

When I click "Install" I am taken to this page:

screen-capture-20-3.jpg' alt='' class='i

" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="504">

Once I log in, I am then taken to the requirement page, once I hit next, I am then taken to this page:

I can not move on from that page, for there is nothing to check.

Sorry for the delay. I thought I subscribed to this topic, but obviously not.

It is installed according to that. Go to Manage Apps / Modules on the System tab, find Shoutbox and ensure that it is enabled (make sure it has a green check near it not a red X) , if it does have an X click it to turn it into a check.

Come on man look up a couple posts ^^^^

I didn't want to dig through 7 pages and the search wasn't helping. Anyway I found it. The directions were kinda wrong though. All I needed to do was edit style='height:{$d['shout_height']}px to style='height:250px Removing the IMG tag made it so people couldn't collapse the SB.

Sorry for the delay. I thought I subscribed to this topic, but obviously not.

It is installed according to that. Go to Manage Apps / Modules on the System tab, find Shoutbox and ensure that it is enabled (make sure it has a green check near it not a red X) , if it does have an X click it to turn it into a check.

I did that, but where would I go to manage the application and enable the shoutbox?

Under the "My Apps" tab, the Shoutbox is listed under it, but when I click on it, I am redirected to the ACP Dashboard.

I did that, but where would I go to manage the application and enable the shoutbox?

Under the "My Apps" tab, the Shoutbox is listed under it, but when I click on it, I am redirected to the ACP Dashboard.

Do you see the red X or the green check ? , you need to click that, not the ShoutBox text itself.

Do you see the red X or the green check ? , you need to click that, not the ShoutBox text itself.

When it is a red X, I can not see it under the "My Apps" Tab, if I change it to a green check, I can see it under the "My Apps" Tab, but when clicking on it, I am redirecting to the ACP homepage.

When it is a red X, I can not see it under the "My Apps" Tab, if I change it to a green check, I can see it under the "My Apps" Tab, but when clicking on it, I am redirecting to the ACP homepage.

Some files must be missing, that's the only explanation I have for it doing that (try another browser if possible too) , re-upload them.

Hi installed the IP Shoutbox and in the Board Statistics Section it has in bold red letters:

Modules > Manage Hooks > IP.Shoutbox (Active Users) > Disable"!

I've enabled everything and set the user groups to active so can someone help me with what i'm missing?

Hello,

I have a problem on my board with the ShoutBox. I can't post a comment in a blog if ShoutBox is added !

How could I correct this problem ?

Regards.

That sort of sounds like a JS problem / conflict :unsure: , although I cannot duplicate it at all.

Is it the latest Blog version 2.3.2 ? , Tested on both Blog index page and specific Blog / entry and it works fine:

Try with the default skin. If it works then contact the skin's author and ask about an upgraded version.

Is it only this application that does that ? , does everything else that is available on the 'my apps' tab work properly ? :)

All my other applications work fine, it's just the shoutbox that redirects to the admin dashboard, everything else goes to the correct page.

Archived