IP.Chat help!

Smokey-Rev

Regarding the error problem I experienced with this installation of IP.Chat:

Well, I received a response from Giuseppe Casagrande from IPS Support. Apparently, when you delete the original default forum skin (ID: 1), that the IPB system causes an error, a bug, that affects versions of IPB 3.0.5, at least, that's the way I understand it from the response I received. Apparently, this bug has been fixed in version 3.0.5.

I'm just wondering why this has never been mentioned before.

[quote name='Mark' date='03 December 2009 - 08:04 AM' timestamp='1259849098' post='1884541'].
Although, it is frustrating how you've based your opinion that IP.Chat has "installation problems" that deem it unusable on a beta - it's this sort of thing that makes me wonder if it's worth releasing public betas at all if people clearly don't understand the concept.

Please do not let those who "do not understand the concept" get you down or discourage you from sharing beta products like this in the future. I, for one, very much appreciate having an early look at IP.Chat. I enjoy being able to provide feedback in the way of suggestions and bug reports before a final version of a product is released.

..Al

Recommendation if you're getting the "CSTART" errors would be to edit the /admin/applications_addon/ips/chat/modules_public/chat.php file, and remove the @ sign from in front of the three(?) file_get_contents lines. That will disable error suppression and give a better error when you go into the chat, assuming display_errors is turned on.

Most of what I have seen is allow_url_fopen problems, as has been mentioned. Oh, and people not uninstalling the old chat services.

Remember, the version should say 1.0.0 Beta 2 after you re-install.. If it still says 3.0.4.. You did it wrong.

Mark, if I sounded impertinent, you have my sincere apologies, sir. That wasn't my intent. I submitted a support ticket and there apparently was a bug. IPS Support explained that I must have deleted the original default skin and that was why I was getting the error when I tried to setup IP.Chat.

On another note: there seems to be an error when clicking on the "Reply" button attached to any message here in this topic. I get the following error message:

[#103133] NO_SUCH_TOPIC

[quote name='Colonel Wolfie' date='03 December 2009 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1259865944' post='1884641']
AtariAge,

Well, it's working for me. I ended up sending in a support ticket on this issue as I did not know if it would be covered by support. However, they were kind enough to fix this problem for me and ended up addressing my problem.

Good, glad to hear it's working for you now. :)

..Al

I'm glad as well. If I knew that these installation problems with these add-ons had to do with deleting the original default skin (something that wasn't apparent to myself, nor to the community nor IPS staff) then I could have saved myself a lot of chest pains and headaches. :lol:

Beta, Well personally I want to say thanks IPB for giving us a chat !! it was a huge deal for us, we have had about all the chats out there and not one came with out problems... fully integrated !! I'm tickled :) I'm sure lots of people downloaded this and few complain !! :) remember lots of us are thankful for the great service and low cost of your products !!! and the Wonderful group of coders out there !!!

Thanks guys..

I told my members it is a beta.. and they fully understand and will send me info on problems to help this grow... and all are happy about this !!!

[quote name='bfarber' date='03 December 2009 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1259877424' post='1884687']
If you refresh do you have the same problem?

Can you also PM me FTP access to your site please? I'll add some logging to help identify the cause of that error.

yes! back online again :thumbsup: thank you

the funny thing is that I always tell my member to refresh the page if they see preblems, I even have a notification message that reminds them to do so, but I don't do it myself and I always forget to do it (w00t) (w00t)

what a hypocrite

EDIT: no the room is not loading, I've cleared my cache and it's not loading

You can solve that by putting this in htaccess:

php_value allow_url_fopen on
php_value allow_url_include 1

I found that this didn't work on my host - it caused an internal server error, but creating a php.ini file in the directory where index.php is located with the following in it worked.

allow_url_fopen = on;
allow_url_include = 1;

One of my Forum Moderators related a new problem to me regarding the chat. This is the problem:

1. Upon entering the chat, after acknowledging the rules, we're allowed to enter the chat.
2. Upon typing a message, hitting enter, chatbox just goes to next line without displaying the message; when "Post Message" is pressed, the chat kicks you out of the chatroom to the original default screen where the forum rules are displayed (if you have created them for the chatroom).

It is a neverending loop, even if you refresh.

[quote name='bfarber' date='03 December 2009 - 02:24 AM' timestamp='1259803481' post='1884448']
CJOIN-0: I've done a little debugging and believe I've found the cause of this issue. I am working on an update that should hopefully address this issue, but we will require a little more testing first.

[quote name='texterted' date='03 December 2009 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1259878986' post='1884696']
I too am still getting the [#CJOIN-0] error with the beta 3 :(

Me too. On beta 2 i don't have it.

Archived