IP.Chat help!

Smokey-Rev

It's likely the "You've been kicked" issue is due to a conflict with the maximum room count, and the fact that we are allowing unlimited use during the beta period. We are investigating this on our end and will update you shortly.

@theGaVrA - I suspect your server is not allowing outbound remote connections, in which case you would be unable to use chat (or the spam monitoring service, for example). The "-0" in the error code means the chat script couldn't connect to our server.

[quote name='Adriano Faria' date='02 December 2009 - 04:25 PM' timestamp='1259771136' post='1884274']
What's Account Key ? My user ID on this forum ?

:

• Login to the Client Area and go to New Purchase. Find IP.Chat: Free under Invision Power Board Optional Addons and click Buy Now.
  • Order as normal, the package is free so you will not be charged. (if the system prompts you for payment information just skip/ignore that prompt and go back to the Client Area home page - we are working on fixing that error)
  • Go to Your Downloads and download the IP.Chat package.
  • Go to Your Purchases and select the IP.Chat package.
  • To use IP.Chat it must be associated with an IP.Board or IPS Community Hosting package. Select the package to associate with and you will then see a chat service key appear.

[quote name='bfarber' date='02 December 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1259771199' post='1884276']
@theGaVrA - I suspect your server is not allowing outbound remote connections, in which case you would be unable to use chat (or the spam monitoring service, for example). The "-0" in the error code means the chat script couldn't connect to our server.

Well i am using spam monitoring service, so it's not that. :)

Like i said, i kept on generating account key's untill one worked. But now my chat look all weird... :D

[quote name='bfarber' date='02 December 2009 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1259771226' post='1884279']Please read the pinned topic in this forum. It explains how to obtain your account key.
Yep, sorry:

Once the install is complete you can go to My Apps and select Chat Services. Just enter the chat service key found under Your Purchases in the Client Area to activate.

[quote name='theGaVrA' date='02 December 2009 - 10:15 AM' timestamp='1259770524' post='1884260']
I get this error:

[#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator.

I am also seeing this error. I am also using the spam service without any issues. If I need to open up certain ports, please let me know. :)

..Al

I get that error sometimes but clicking on the chat link on the navbar again will let it work.

So it's buggy... but we expected that.

Great work IPS keep it up and thanks!

[#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator

[quote name='texterted' date='02 December 2009 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1259774110' post='1884310']
I get that error sometimes but clicking on the chat link on the navbar again will let it work.

So it's buggy... but we expected that.

Great work IPS keep it up and thanks!

I did not try clicking on it a second time, but that indeed worked. And I'm not getting kicked out of my own chat room. :) If I leave and come back, it loads properly. However, each time I do so, it adds another copy of my user to the "Online Chat Users" box (so there are three copies of me right now..)

post-116410-125977481238_thumb.png

..Al

[quote name='Colonel Wolfie' date='02 December 2009 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1259775479' post='1884320']When the final version is released, is it going to be free to those who have an active license to IPB?

The pricing of the chat service is yet to be announced and will be based on how many people you have in your chat room at one time. Details of the package levels and pricing will be made available at a later date. The good news is that the first chat package level will be free for active IPB license holders.
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/299705-ipchat-beta-testing/

:thumbsup:

Pricing

Archived