IPB 2.2 RC1

Guest Pⅇter

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish they had done some things to the default skin or put some new types of areas, just where it would look differently. It kind of needs a makeover of skinning, even though I don't use the default skin.

Also for some reason several bugs which were listed as fixed in bug tracker are still present in RC1.

I am looking foward to its FINAL release just to have some new stuff to play around with in a live environment. I would say 2.1 -> 2.2 is not as major as 2.0 -> 2.1 really as far as features, so I was more excited about 2.1 coming out. But still this does have some nice features also. If they would ever listen to me and change that friends popup to a better look, I would be very satisfied. lol

ahhhhhhh, read, people. Last year they released gallery on weekends and maybe even an IPB release, I dont remember about that. No they won't release it on a weekend, but it isn't some rule, because it HAS been done before.

Ahhhhhh, maybe you should read.

Straight from Matt himself:

Don't expect a release over the weekend, although I have just fixed a load of silly RC 1 bugs (slashes, multi-quote, etc). That's what you get for rewriting part of the BBCode parser to allow tags to be parsed recursively.

And it's seldom to none they'll do a release on the weekend because no one is out to fix the bugs, support the product(s), and there is very limited staff in on the weekends anyway.

Ahhhhhh, maybe you should read.

Straight from Matt himself:

And it's seldom to none they'll do a release on the weekend because no one is out to fix the bugs, support the product(s), and there is very limited staff in on the weekends anyway.

Matt's quote changes nothing. :) You didn't say that they wouldnt release THIS on the weekend, you said they release NOTHING on weekends. That was what I was saying otherwise to.

Two of the largest IP.Board forums has made some notises about the database scheeme is abit slow. And they need to optimize it. I just quote what others have said. The boards ar Neowin.net and Diskusjon.no.

In my experence ipb's SQL is resonably efficient, what i would like to see optimized is the actual php (i think they concentrate too much of sql efficiency and not enough on php eficiency). My site is roughly equlivant to Diskusjon (looking at their stats), and it is our httpd server that is (BY FAR) under the most strain NOT the sql server.

• 2 years later...

Archived