IPB 2.2 RC1

Guest Pⅇter

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this rate vB will have released 4.0 containing new features Invision came up with before 2.2 final is released.

:shaun:

What do you mean? We've gone through 2 public betas and tons of bug fixes. We're going MUCH quicker than just about any other piece of software I've waited for patches on :P

I personally think it will be a bad idea to release it on Friday 13th, as IP.B was already released on Friday 13th once… And Matt didn’t like it… Neither the customers did… anybody remembers that? So it’s better never releasing Software on Friday 13th… I expect the Rc1 to be released next week… At big max next Friday! But I think it will be sooner ;)
Kind Regards,
Brian

Because it is going pretty slow. Maybe quicker than 2.2 went, but still this is going slower than I personally expected. Of course that person was exaggerating about vb though. lol

The amout of changes from Vbulletin 3.5 to Vbulletin 3.6 are minor compare to the code changes IPB 2.1.7 to IPB 2.2.0 due to the security changes. With that said I don't see Vbulleting being released within the next 30 days so its pointless to claim otherwise.

Because it is going pretty slow. Maybe quicker than 2.2 went, but still this is going slower than I personally expected. Of course that person was exaggerating about vb though. lol

Surely you mean the 2.1.x development cycle. And between the private beta testing and the security audit, 2.2.x development is slower because the final product should be considerably more secure.

The amout of changes from Vbulletin 3.5 to Vbulletin 3.6 are minor compare to the code changes IPB 2.1.7 to IPB 2.2.0 due to the security changes. With that said I don't see Vbulleting being released within the next 30 days so its pointless to claim otherwise.

Actually, vBulletin 3.6.x does have several significant code changes, as well as new features. However, there is no chance of a major version of vB suddenly being released within 30 days. And to be fair, there was a few months for the 3.6.x development cycle, which will likely be about the same for 2.2.x.

Archived