(NB40) Topic Description

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2016 at 6:07 PM, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

I've used a column 'description'. Check a table 'topics'. Otherwise you will need to rename a column.

Hello, could expand on this renaming thing please? I bought this plugin and it works fine. Now before I used the (Pav33) Topic Description hook. I didn't uninstall it but the old topic descriptions from IPB 3.4 are not showing now on IPB 4.1. Maybe they are gone from the database, but I suspect they are probably there somewhere. I can see in the database where your new data is, but who knows where the previous one was. Mind you, databases scare me, every time I even just look at one, I feel like I'm performing open brain surgery ;)

Now, I've only upgraded my test installation of IPB to 4.1, my live site still is (and will be for quite some time) 3.4. Even looking at that database I cannot find where the descriptions are (and they do show on the forums, so they are there somewhere).

So, any help you could provide regarding this would be much welcome. Cheers.

Edited by PPlanet

Hello,

4 hours ago, PPlanet said:

Hello, could expand on this renaming thing please?

1. Find old topic with description.

2. Run sql query. If your tables has a prefix add it in query.

SELECT *
FROM forums_topics
WHERE tid=X

X is topic ID.

3. Find old description

4. Look at field name.

No need it. I found a column name here https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/349558-download-pav33-topic-description/

4 hours ago, PPlanet said:

Maybe they are gone from the database

You are right. Description will be removed during the upgrade.

applications/forums/setup/upg_40000/upgrade.php

$description	= \IPS\Db::i()->checkForColumn( 'forums_topics', 'description' ) ? "DROP COLUMN description," : '';

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, kmk said:

Can request and is possible, change font color and some styles? So that let play a little the presentation of the topic.

bought it recently.

Hello,

You can do it yourself.

The description is wrapped in a block with class (topics list page) or ID (topic view page) nbTopicDescription

11 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

- I don't have GC.

- On the clubs tabs displayed only user clubs not all (uses permissions).

clubs.jpg.4e756fc6aa7e7bf370e4dc363f69fc66.jpg

Please, exactly I bought this plugin is for use in forum that is build in Group Collaboration app, maybe you do not have it, but please, I can give you ACP access

On 10/29/2016 at 4:53 PM, newbie LAC said:

You are right. Description will be removed during the upgrade.

applications/forums/setup/upg_40000/upgrade.php

$description	= \IPS\Db::i()->checkForColumn( 'forums_topics', 'description' ) ? "DROP COLUMN description," : '';

While I see this thread up, I'd like to ask a question about what's quoted above. With every upgrade within the 4.x version series in my test installation, I've been commenting that line out before upgrading (I even need to trick the IPS upgrader lately because it detects a file has been changed, so I need to make the switch after step 1 of the upgrade).

Now, is doing this really needed once you have upgraded to 4.x? Or is it only needed when upgrading from 3.4.x to 4.x?