(NB40) Topic Description

Hello,

13 minutes ago, robbalvey said:

I installed the Topic Description mod on our 4.5.3 forum last night, and it works just fine to add a description the first time, but if I try to edit the topic description, it doesn't change when I click "Edit Topic."

What am I doing wrong?

It's known bug. I fixed it for next version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @newbie LAC, I've found an issue on my board (tested as on the live one, as on the test one), where it is not possible to move a topic with the setting "Leave a link to the new location?" selected (between forums with the enabled settings "Topic description" and "Topic description link") 😞 

This error appears in this case:

Sorry, there is a problem
We could not locate the item you are trying to view.
Error code: 2S136/D

And the moved topic will stay on its original forum. And no logs written in the System logs...

Please help to check,

By the way, what is the usage of the nbtdesc_forums_temp and nbtdesc_topics_temp tables?
And how to enable topic description feature on ALL forums without using MySQL query? If dealing with big communities, it is pretty annoying to enable the feature on all forums one by one 🙂 😞 

On 3/6/2021 at 9:59 PM, alexxis said:

And how to enable topic description feature on ALL forums without using MySQL query? If dealing with big communities, it is pretty annoying to enable the feature on all forums one by one 🙂 😞 

That's the reason why I'm still running version 1.0.1 on 4.4.

I have some faint optimism that maybe even works on 4.5 (for when I upgrade), but maybe not and in that case me too will need to think of a MySQL query. It's a pity this aspect changed after version 1.0.1 of the plugin.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:59 AM, alexxis said:

And how to enable topic description feature on ALL forums without using MySQL query?

2 hours ago, PPlanet said:

That's the reason why I'm still running version 1.0.1 on 4.4.

I have some faint optimism that maybe even works on 4.5 (for when I upgrade), but maybe not and in that case me too will need to think of a MySQL query. It's a pity this aspect changed after version 1.0.1 of the plugin.

Does the COPY SETTING doesn't show up to you here?

forum_form.png.7a5b3eaf6e7a9c8f7a607f1b3

I mean this. for example:

3UHoCNe.png

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I mean this. for example:

It shows, it is there, but here are the results after using that button:

image.png.b1be8ef1b80c808ac9563c00f07ba64f.png

image.png.ddf009f46178caf567d789e0ae274149.png

image.png.ca39e370400698bfd2ed4b3639c3b7dc.png

And of course no changes after those errors 😞 

23 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure if you are asking me as well.

I'm still using an older version (1.0.1) of the plugin that still works with 4.4 at least (I don't know about 4.5). It was pretty simple back then and doesn't include some features like Clubs compatibility, but since I don't use Clubs, it's not a problem for me.

This is the way it worked before the selection option was moved to each individual forum. You just edited it from the plugins page and could tick all forums. I understand Alexxis' problem because I have heaps of forums and it would be impractical to select one by one.

Now, it looks like his version is throwing an error on top of that.

Screen-Shot-2021-03-09-at-1_12.jpg.66f4f7b2a414eafd13b1956b1d85b3ef.jpg

Edited by PPlanet
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...