(NB40) Topic Description

7 hours ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

You can do it yourself.

The description is wrapped in a block with class (topics list page) or ID (topic view page) nbTopicDescription

Can you explain a little more or steps I should to do? I am not coder.:(

3 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Open custom.css

1. Topics list

Add 

.nbTopicDescription {
    font-size: 15px;
    color: red;
}

Result

desc.jpg.7e0562b626b7e9f975adc2d6d3aede8a.jpg

2. Topic view

Add 

#nbTopicDescription {
    color: blue;
}

Result

desc2.jpg.8bdc7b8c7b385f96c4c78ba3fb53a0f3.jpg

thank you very much, hope you can add gc forums to choose soon:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Hi there

Thanks for this plugin - been using it successfully for a while.

Just wanted to know if there are there likely to be any problems with 4.3.1. (currently on 4.2.9)?

I had a failed upgrade where all the topic links failed after the upgrade so had to roll back - I am now trying to eliminate possible causes.

Thanks in advance

Edited by geedub
  • 4 weeks later...

@newbie LAC For some reason the descriptions have disappeared from mine. However, they are still in the database.

I upgraded from 4.2.8 to 4.3.3

I'm 99% certain they were still there after the upgrade. However, I also updated the plugin to the latest version I found in the marketplace and I'm not sure I checked after doing that.

Any ideas as to what I can do? Can I try installing a previous version over the latest I have? (I've still got a copy of the previous one)

5 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

@newbie LAC For some reason the descriptions have disappeared from mine. However, they are still in the database.

I upgraded from 4.2.8 to 4.3.3

I'm 99% certain they were still there after the upgrade. However, I also updated the plugin to the latest version I found in the marketplace and I'm not sure I checked after doing that.

Any ideas as to what I can do? Can I try installing a previous version over the latest I have? (I've still got a copy of the previous one)

Hello,

Have you enable Designer's mode? I can look into that if you give me credentials

Good Day,

I installed this plugin today and we're loving having the topic description!

I was wondering if it is possible to change the field's title? If so, where and how would I do that? I am very low-tech, only marginally computer and code savvy so give me the Village Idiot version of the steps and instructions.

I would like to change the field title from Description to Characters.

Thank you for the plugin and for your help,

~ Stormwolfe

Screenshot

350610736_ScreenShot2018-05-30at6_01_05PM.thumb.png.4fa19f0b8a8a34b4d28a1d960dc6ce1d.png

Hello,

7 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

I would like to change the field title from Description to Characters.

- Go to ACP - Customization - Languages

- Click on Translate

translate.thumb.jpg.11877b62535d36c4cb36fd72c11fbd47.jpg

- Click on Search icon

translate2.thumb.jpg.0f63d30ebb18efcf398a829ad7d160cf.jpg

- Add topic_description in Key field

translate3.thumb.jpg.7b65e8794cc0f767e245e4ea92d6fc90.jpg

- Click on Search button

- You will get result. Add your "Characters" to the field

translate4.thumb.jpg.7c6a08cfe5093065752e84e6137223ec.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I just upgraded to the new 1.03 version on 4.5.  The old version was working after I got to 4.5.  The 1.03 version seems to be running something(s) very intensive on the forum page showing all topics.  Getting very slow responses to the point of timing out sometimes.  Disabled the plugin and things are back to normal.

I know for 4.5 you had to split off data from the standard tables to your own.  Not sure if somehow reading those is causing the issue as even reading a page worth of topic descriptions with queries should not slow down that much.

Hello,

13 hours ago, clearvision said:

The 1.03 version seems to be running something(s) very intensive on the forum page showing all topics.  Getting very slow responses to the point of timing out sometimes.  Disabled the plugin and things are back to normal.

Thank you for the report. I'll look into this.

Edited by newbie LAC
  • 3 weeks later...