users that are mod queued can edit topics without approval

If a user has content moderation enabled, any new topics or posts need to be approved by a moderator, and any edits to existing non-topic-startong posts. However, editing the topic's original post does not need to be approved.

Especially when used to combat spam, this is a pretty big loophole.

To reproduce:

* Enable content moderation for a user

* Have that user post a new topic - moderator approval will be required

* Have a moderator approve the topic

* Have the user go back and edit that post - moderator approval will incorrectly not be required

3 hours ago, Colonel_mortis said:

Have the user go back and edit that post - moderator approval will incorrectly not be required

If you use Member Groups to put members in content moderation, then you should also be able to edit that groups time limit for editing posts. For example, my moderated users as well as my unmoderated users have a 10 minute window to edit whatever they want. But when times up, their post is mine, lol 😄

6 hours ago, Robert Angle said:

If you use Member Groups to put members in content moderation, then you should also be able to edit that groups time limit for editing posts. For example, my moderated users as well as my unmoderated users have a 10 minute window to edit whatever they want. But when times up, their post is mine, lol 😄

I shouldn't need to do that though, it works for posts within a topic.

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is correct at the present time. If a post is already approved, and the user has the ability to edit, they would indeed be able to edit that without moderation

That's not true today for replies (they get requeued for approval), only new topics. It also defeats the point of content moderation if they can post something ok and later make it bad.

Edited by Colonel_mortis

This reminds me of another annoying issue while you are poking around in that area - this is what someone sees if content moderation is enabled on an account after they have replied to a topic:

Could contain: White Board, Page, Text

If the content must be approved before the content can be edited then an edit link shouldn't be there, and I shouldn't be able to edit (which I can if I click the link)

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

This reminds me of another annoying issue while you are poking around in that area - this is what someone sees if content moderation is enabled on an account after they have replied to a topic:

If the content must be approved before the content can be edited then an edit link shouldn't be there, and I shouldn't be able to edit (which I can if I click the link)

Will add it to the bug report. Thank you

9 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I disagree.

I have users under content moderation who will submit a post, and then want to go in and correct spelling errors or add an extra thought while their 15 minute edit window is still open. When the 15 minute edit window has closed, then that Edit link should disappear.

8 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Will add it to the bug report. Thank you

Please reconsider. I don't see this as a bug, but as the way it should work and should continue working.