Site is down after php upgrade

1 minute ago, LiveG said:

It's not normal doing it 50 apps, and in the end, nothing will help.

very frustrating

While I empathise with the situation you are currently in,  having 50 3rd party items is probably what is causing you issues in the first place. Its not really possible for us to debug your system for 3rd party item issues.

The issue with the files showing out of date, is likely just that. The files are out of date. You can upload a fresh set from your client area. If this is the latest release, then you would need to run the upgrade afterwards. I realise that puts you in a bit of a circular situation, however, that would go back to the original point. You need to ensure each of your applications are compatible with PHP 8, or things will indeed fail.

It's worth pointing out here, this is a very good reason why you should really add 3rd party items sparingly, and if you are going to use them, you should ensure they are kept up to date in line with keeping your IPS applications up to date. The issue you have here is its been left so long you have no option but to jump both major versions and a PHP version and update 3rd party items at once. This is always going to leave you in a bit of a precarious position, unfortunately.

Well,

A forum with thousands of people is not functional full day.

Can't upgrade software, can't do anything after a simple PHP upgrade, no safety net from you're side!

That is very frustrating. .maybe it's not the right platform for me.

Edited by LiveG

Just now, LiveG said:

Well,

A forum with thousands of people is not functional full day.

Can't upgrade, can't do anything, after a simple PHP upgrade, no safety net from you're side!

That is very frustrating. .maybe it's not the right platform for me.

You will run in the exact same issue with any other platform, I can guarantee you that. Neglecting maintenance is your problem to begin with. What you are doing now is shifting that mistake on Invision Community while it's a 3rd party add on bug. You need to investigate which add on, and contact the respectively author of that application. 

6 hours ago, LiveG said:

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of IPS\\forums\\_Topic::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\\Content\\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false) must be compatible with IPS\\Content\\_Item::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\\Content\\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false, $location = null) in /var/www/html/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic..

This is not even a 3rd party issue. That error is saying that one of your FORUMS (IPS) application files is not compatible. You are missing the $location variable in that specific Forums\Topic class function.

It looks like you have a file from an older version on your server. Try re-uploading a fresh set of files from your client area, and be sure to overwrite everything. Maybe a wrong file owner/permission is preventing the file from being overwritten.

If you check the file and the $location variable is indeed there, then your server is returning a cached older version of the file, just like @Marc Stridgen mentioned earlier.

Edited by teraßyte

13 minutes ago, teraßyte said:

This is not even a 3rd party issue. That error is saying that one of your FORUMS (IPS) application files is not compatible. You are missing the $location variable in that specific Forums\Topic class function.

It looks like you have a file from an older version on your server. Try re-uploading a fresh set of files from your client area, and be sure to overwrite everything. Maybe a wrong file owner/permission is preventing the file from being overwritten.

I do not know how to do it exactly and what will be the impact?

Why the support doesn't do it? What is the support included if not this kind of critical issue?

Edited by LiveG

I try it,

my forum is back online, but I cannot  login to admin  ACP

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by LiveG

3 minutes ago, LiveG said:

I try it,

my forum is back online, but I cannot  login to admin  ACP

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That seems to be a 3rd-party resource. Have you disabled all of them? 

Disable and check if the board is working. Then enable one by one until you see the culprit. 

23 minutes ago, LiveG said:

Download the 4.7.12 zip and overwrite all to the server?

Not just anywhere in the server. You should upload them to whatever folder/directory where your forum files are located and select the overwrite option.

If your forum version was not the latest, then you should run the upgrader too. 

I am locked out from the ACP, the board is up. but in maintenance mode

what is the upgrade page?

27 minutes ago, DawPi said:

Open core_logs SQL table and check latest logs.

I have no access at the moment to the SQL logs I am afraid. Its on server, limited access at the moment

Edited by LiveG

Just now, LiveG said:

wow ok, i think i can upgrade now

upgrade is running

That error that you posted above could be due to the fact that you overwrote your forum files with those from the latest version, but didn't run the upgrade. Hopefully upgrading the forum will fix the issue. 

Let us know how it will go.

I used all of the great tips given to me here

1. download fresh zip of 4.7.12 from my client area and replace all the files on the server

2. upgraded from /admin/upgrade because my ACP was down

Edited by LiveG

Glad to see that your site is back online. 

With the above, I would advise the first thing you do is to check each to ensure they are up to date, before you start enabling them. Having so many, its very likely you will hit an issue at some point. If you do and cant get back to the ACP you can use recovery mode to get back to the ACP at any point

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/welcome/getting-support-r292/

Its worth also reviewing what you did to get to this point, just to save you having the same problems again in the future, as I do understand it can be very frustrating

• Ensure you are up to date as releases come out. This will prevent these kinds of issues from occurring as much. In this instance, an app scanner was added in earlier versions where switch to PHP 8 was nessesary, and this version was compatible with both PHP 7 and PHP 8. So it would have told you there was an issue prior to upgrading. Unfortunately, because you had never upgraded, you never got the app scanner before it was too late.

• Ensure your 3rd party items are up to date at all times. This is just as important if you are going to use them, as it is keeping the main applications up to date. Many are likely to have released versions compatible with PHP 8 since the versions you have

• Use 3rd party items sparingly - If you have 50 3rd party applications, I would really go through those and see if you need them. 50 is a lot for any site

• The support area of your admin CP, will more than often be correct. It stated there that your files were out of date. You resolved this by uploading the files again and running the upgrader. 

• If you have uploaded files, you would always need to have run the upgrader.

Not a dig in any way. Just trying to help you to understand where you have gone wrong, so you can prevent yourself the frustration in the future 🙂