Site is down after php upgrade

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

2 hours ago, LiveG said:

Declaration of IPS\\forums\\_Topic::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems =

The issue is that one of your custom apps is not compatible with php 8 and/or the latest version of Ipb. Looking at the error message, it affects the topics. 

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Thank you - I have updated all the login details.

Please assist ASAP, as my prod site is unavailable.  🙏

27 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

The issue is that one of your custom apps is not compatible with php 8 and/or the latest version of Ipb. Looking at the error message, it affects the topics. 

All my apps and plugin is disabled except forums/calender/system - ALL by invision

Edited by LiveG

34 minutes ago, LiveG said:

Thank you - I have updated all the login details.

Please assist ASAP, as my prod site is unavailable.  🙏

All my apps and plugin is disabled except forums/calender/system - ALL by invision

Disabling will not be enough for some if they are incompatible with PHP 8. If they are incompatible entirely, you would need to upgrade those prior, or remove them prior. I would advise on checking this first of all

4 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

If you go to the Support area in your Admin Panel, are there any messages there pertaining to the php 8 incompatibility? 

No...

PHP Version 8.0.29 - No issues identified

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Disabling will not be enough for some if they are incompatible with PHP 8. If they are incompatible entirely, you would need to upgrade those prior, or remove them prior. I would advise on checking this first of all

I don't understand; you request me to delete all of my apps just to understand which app causing it??

Edited by LiveG

Let's do some detective work 😄 

Can you post here a list of all the custom apps/plugins that you have installed and maybe we will find the culprit.

If you are going to remove the apps, don't forget to make a backup of their database tables if you want to keep their data after reinstalling them.

When i try to do it (update the changed files ) - everything crashes. So i snapshot back.

Find a solution

Some of the source files for Invision Community have been modified.
  • /var/www/html/applications/calendar/Application.php
  • /var/www/html/applications/calendar/modules/front/calendar/view.php
  • /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/admin/discovery/search.php
  • /var/www/html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/upgrade.php
  • /var/www/html/applications/core/sources/Reports/Report.php
  • /var/www/html/system/Content/Item.php
  • /var/www/html/system/Helpers/CoverPhoto/Controller.php
  • /var/www/html/system/Image/Imagemagick.php
  • /var/www/html/system/Member/Member.php
  • /var/www/html/system/Widget/Widget.php
You should download an unmodified copy of those files and upload them to your server. Once that is done, check if the problem persists.
Edited by LiveG

And regardless of the software upgrade option that I agree is important, why is the forum currently down?

Do you want me to delete all the apps even when disabled?

My forum is down after a simple server upgrade to PHP8, I expect IPB support on this one. You have access to log in.

Edited by LiveG

12 minutes ago, LiveG said:

And regardless of the software upgrade option that I agree is important, why is the forum currently down?

Do you want me to delete all the apps even when disabled?

My forum is down after a simple server upgrade to PHP8, I expect IPB support on this one. You have access to log in.

Some applications you have installed are not compatible with PHP8, therefore, an upgrade from 7.4 to 8.0 will cause your website to crash. Perfectly normal behavior. You need to investigate which application is not ready for PHP8 before you are able to upgrade. This is not on Invision Community's behalf, but on whoever made an application that doesn't comply with PHP8.

Edited by Aerodynamic

7 minutes ago, Aerodynamic said:

Some applications you have installed are not compatible with PHP8, therefore, an upgrade from 7.4 to 8.0 will cause your website to crash. Perfectly normal behavior. You need to investigate which application is not ready for PHP8 before you are able to upgrade. This is not on Invision Community's behalf, but on whoever made an application that doesn't comply with PHP8.

The best practice told me here in IPB is firstly to upgrade the server before the version with the app scanner, well that doesn't work.

I WIill delete every app...i don't think I have a choice

Can you please explain to me How can i back up some app before removing it?

Edited by LiveG

1 minute ago, LiveG said:

The best practice told me here in IPB is firstly to upgrade the server before the version with the app scanner, well that doesn't work.

I WIill delete every app...i don't think I have a choice

Can you please explain to me How can i back up some app before removing it?

I believe disabling an application - not deleting - is sufficiently enough for doing the upgrade.

By the way, when I am disabling the " forum", i get a UI back.  still think its an external app?

1 minute ago, Aerodynamic said:

I believe disabling an application - not deleting - is sufficiently enough for doing the upgrade.

Every thing is disabled already!

Edited by LiveG

4 minutes ago, LiveG said:

By the way, when I am disabling the " forum", i get a UI back.  still think its an external app?

Every thing is disabled already!

Just checked, it will most likely need an uninstall. But that will also delete the application without the ability to extract the files. 

I would extract them from your file manager. 

Could contain: Page, Text