Group promotion: how does it work?

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

On 4/11/2023 at 2:45 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

They are moved based on user action. So the next time everything happens on that account (a login for example) they would be checked

Hi Marc,

That not working, I have custom plugin that add point for whom do best answer (every time best answer selected it get 5 point), so the group promotion set for best answer point 20 points, and the user have 30 points, but nothing happens, the user login as well post a thread. I waited for days and no action been done.

You can login to my test site and see the user "abo-work" do not moved no matters what.

Thanks.

Edited by abobader

19 hours ago, abobader said:

Hi Marc,

That not working, I have custom plugin that add point for whom do best answer (every time best answer selected it get 5 point), so the group promotion set for best answer point 20 points, and the user have 30 points, but nothing happens, the user login as well post a thread. I waited for days and no action been done.

You can login to my test site and see the user "abo-work" do not moved no matters what.

Thanks.

You would need to work with your plugin author on what is happening there as it sounds like custom functionality was added here for group promotions.