4.7.5 Locked Tasks Issues

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

This seems to have been maybe a temporary error as I unlocked them and was able to run them without error. Please let us know if it does come up again. It may be that there is an issue with your CRON if so. I'd suggest ensuring that PHP 8 is running on your cron task command.

Thanks for checking. The cron is something we just set up today in order to try and get around the issue of tasks getting locked. I can confirm though that it is running PHP 8.

Right now there are 6 tasks that are locked/stuck. Manually restarting them does work, but they will get stuck again - at least so far this is what I've found today.

Edited by Nakamura RTS

1 hour ago, Andreas Grace said:

Same problem here with the 4.7.5 update, self hosted PHP 8.1 and tasks set to run with traffic. I unlock them and they lock again next time. Nothing in logs.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

4 hours ago, Andreas Grace said:

Same problem here with the 4.7.5 update, self hosted PHP 8.1 and tasks set to run with traffic. I unlock them and they lock again next time. Nothing in logs.

We have the same problem here so far. Nothing is working on either of our communities to resolve this.

4 hours ago, Daniel F said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Access information updated, thank you.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:16 PM, Jim M said:

This seems to have been maybe a temporary error as I unlocked them and was able to run them without error. Please let us know if it does come up again. It may be that there is an issue with your CRON if so. I'd suggest ensuring that PHP 8 is running on your cron task command.

This was the fix after all, however, the tasks only went stable after we applied PHP 8.1. 8.0 didn't seem to do the trick.

3 hours ago, Andreas Grace said:

I am using the traffic option as I have already mentioned.

I was able to run these without error. However, I am seeing errors in your system log which are indicative that something is running when not on PHP 8. Could you please ensure that you are not accessing your database from a test install or anything on a server/folder that is running PHP 7?

4 hours ago, Andreas Grace said:

They do usually run when you ask them manually but it's only a matter of time until I get new notifications. Here is the current situation.

My whole account is set to run on PHP 8.1, I can't think of anything accessing the database running PHP 7.

Could contain: Page, Text, File

I have created a new ticket for you on this

2 hours ago, Arcade King said:

Same thing happened to us after the last update. We've been running PHP 8.1 for months now without issue.

I manually unlock and run the task but it comes back next time it tries to run.

Which task are you referring to? The person you are talking to there has multiple that are an issue