Siedebar right on the Privacy Policy and Guidelines page

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

I don't understand how it is possible that every time you point out something to improve on ipb the answer you receive is always "it's done like this" so that's okay ...
Practically throughout the ipb site you can put widgets both above and below and in the right column.
If in these 2 pages you have forgotten the right column, insert it in the next updates. It is not a fundamental thing for anyone but a (paid) forum should always be improved ...

13 minutes ago, Ricsca said:

every time you point out something to improve …

Sorry, but you did not do that at all.

First of all, you are in the support forum. It is specifically meant to help you with the way the software works currently. If you have a feature request, put it in the Feature Suggestion forum. And if you use that forum, explain the improvement you would like to see and why it would be helpful. Just asking “why it is the way it is” is a waste of everyone’s time if you are not actually interested in the “why” and instead want to make a feature request. 

And it is really dishonest to take all the answers to your own question and then misrepresent them as if it would mean that they would not want to improve the software. Based on your actual question and the forum you are in, you got exactly the right answers. You should better say “thank you” instead of complaining. Asking “why” doesn’t mean “I would like this feature improved in a certain way”. 

@opentypeipb is a paid service and also costs a lot. I don't have to say thank you to anyone.
Thank you, the people I pay for the program have to tell me.
Making requests in the "sugest" forum is worthless as no one takes them into consideration.
If the staff were interested in improving, to my post they would have replied "thank you that you pointed out this lack, in the next updates we will add the right column" ...
Instead mo, they are always ready to say "everything goes well thing" ...

17 hours ago, Ricsca said:

@opentypeipb is a paid service and also costs a lot. I don't have to say thank you to anyone.
Thank you, the people I pay for the program have to tell me.
Making requests in the "sugest" forum is worthless as no one takes them into consideration.
If the staff were interested in improving, to my post they would have replied "thank you that you pointed out this lack, in the next updates we will add the right column" ...
Instead mo, they are always ready to say "everything goes well thing" ...

We’re simply telling you how the software works today. It was that way before you purchased the software.  

In the support forum… you won’t find many posts about “we will add this later”. It’s either possible or it’s not.  If it’s not… and you would like that feature… the best way to have it considered is to post it in the appropriate forum. 

In the mean time, you’ve been given alternative ways of accomplishing what you’ve asked about.  

On 4/22/2022 at 7:18 PM, Randy Calvert said:

If this really bothers you, create a page in pages with whatever layout you want and make that section a link. 

It would be a nice solution. But it works only partially. A user without HTML and Pages templates knowledge, will not be able to create a page that looks nearly the same as the default. WYSIWYG blocks do not have a background. Long texts placed within a page without a background do not look right. Reported here 

Edited by Sonya*

At present this is how those areas are designed, as a design choice within the platform. If you wish to see these change, you can certainly post up within our suggestions area for future consideration. It does need to be noted, that area is not at all ignored. In fact many changes are made as a direct result of suggestions in that area, and suggestions outside of that area.

We cannot however simply respond to support requests with "We will add that in the next release" for everything a user may find useful. Unfortunately, what is good for one, may not be good for another. This is in addition to the fact our support team are not developers themselves (for the most part) and there may well be technical implications in adding or removing items from specific areas in the suite. New additions are decided on, then spec'd, coded, tested, added to a release then released. 

As pointed out by some of our customers above

"it's done like this" so that's okay

This was absolutely not our response, and should that response be given, you would generally be given a reason why its correctly done in that manner. Our response is that is the way it works at present, and that you are welcome to post up a suggestion.