Upgrade to 4.6.12 issue

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Brady,

10 hours ago, bradybarrows said:

In the protected groups there is no Administrators or Root Admin groups listed to protect.

Read the text, man. It says that admins don't need to be "protected." They do need to be added to the subscription (maybe not after the patch), though.

3 minutes ago, bradybarrows said:

Went to ACP > System > Support > Get Support 

I saw it. It's right under the version number. It's not going to be in big bold red text or anything; just look for it.

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Brady,

Read the text, man. It says that admins don't need to be "protected." They do need to be added to the subscription (maybe not after the patch), though.

I saw it. It's right under the version number. It's not going to be in big bold red text or anything; just look for it.

Thanks Eric. Found it. Patch works!!!! I didn't have to add my root admin to the subscription plan. Cool. 

Thanks IC support for the patch. You guys are great to fix this issue so fast!

Edited by bradybarrows

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

A patch has now been release for this and is currently being pushed out. Please go to support in your admin CP to see this. If you do not see the update, wait a few minutes and check again

Hi @Marc Stridgen, how long does it take for this to be available???

The support option is not available with this new version and I have no options to open support.

Through checking for new versions in ACP-->Applications-->Check for Update no. there is nothing new.

4 minutes ago, Fred Mercury said:

Hi @Marc Stridgen, how long does it take for this to be available???

The support option is not available with this new version and I have no options to open support.

Through checking for new versions in ACP-->Applications-->Check for Update no. there is nothing new.

ACP->Support (top right) . You will see optional patch showing as a label under the version

Dear @Marc Stridgen, despite having installed the FIX and reporting at the time that the problem of the requirement to be in a subscription was resolved, this behavior has become a requirement again, I have reports of old and new users who are in the loop of record selection.

How, now that the FIX is applied, do I solve this problem generated by version 4.6.12..???

Greetings,

1362192848_ScreenShot2022-04-06at14_43_52.thumb.png.4a27a740d8417de1298f6bdb6d718c6e.png

1989582298_ScreenShot2022-04-06at14_44_40.thumb.png.7fb9ed1a403824bbc11235db39c108ae.png

After subscribing I can see the forum normally.

1868643912_ScreenShot2022-04-06at14_48_08.thumb.png.fc94dea05ece7472788028a0b304a020.png1001711004_ScreenShot2022-04-06at14_48_25.thumb.png.1cd0c4c1ed84a2675f4aaf4498d41213.png

Edited by Fred Mercury

7 minutes ago, Fred Mercury said:

Dear @Marc Stridgen, despite having installed the FIX and reporting at the time that the problem of the requirement to be in a subscription was resolved, this behavior has become a requirement again, I have reports of old and new users who are in the loop of record selection.

How, now that the FIX is applied, do I solve this problem generated by version 4.6.12..???

Greetings,

1362192848_ScreenShot2022-04-06at14_43_52.thumb.png.4a27a740d8417de1298f6bdb6d718c6e.png

1989582298_ScreenShot2022-04-06at14_44_40.thumb.png.7fb9ed1a403824bbc11235db39c108ae.png

That looks like you have the "Force users to make a purchase when registering?" setting enabled, but no actual products for them to purchase.

Disable the setting in AdminCP > Commerce > Store > Settings > Purchase Settings.

I have noticed that it still asks to select a subscription to all the users who registered in my community after talking about applying the 4.6.12 patch.

Users registered before applying the patch and those users registered after applying the FIX do not present the described problem. (it sounds like a tongue twister, but it is so and I hope to explain myself)

Greetings,

Question. I have a group designated INACTIVE MEMBERS which meant (in the past) they haven't posted for thirty days. 

When one of these inactive members logs in they should only be able to view the subscriptions page and force the user to subscribe, if I understand this correctly. My question is when they subscribe do they automatically move from the INACTIVE MEMBER group to the subscription plan group purchased?

3 minutes ago, bradybarrows said:

Question. I have a group designated INACTIVE MEMBERS which meant (in the past) they haven't posted for thirty days. 

When one of these inactive members logs in they should only be able to view the subscriptions page and force the user to subscribe, if I understand this correctly. My question is when they subscribe do they automatically move from the INACTIVE MEMBER group to the subscription plan group purchased?

If that is what your subscription is setup to perform, it would move them when they subscribe, yes.

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If that is what your subscription is setup to perform, it would move them when they subscribe, yes.

Great. I just did a test and that is wonderful, it works. 

One more question. I have four subscription plans: 1 month, 3 month, 6 months, and 12 months. 

In the ACP > Commerce > Subscriptions > Subscription Plans > Settings > Upgrading & Downgrading

I have following settings. Will this allow a subscriber to go either up or down from their group initially purchased?

1713987444_upgradingdowngrading.thumb.png.4581ac0c9011785012a74aeea4b4feb2.png

1 hour ago, bradybarrows said:

Great. I just did a test and that is wonderful, it works. 

One more question. I have four subscription plans: 1 month, 3 month, 6 months, and 12 months. 

In the ACP > Commerce > Subscriptions > Subscription Plans > Settings > Upgrading & Downgrading

I have following settings. Will this allow a subscriber to go either up or down from their group initially purchased?

1713987444_upgradingdowngrading.thumb.png.4581ac0c9011785012a74aeea4b4feb2.png

Typically, this is used to have different tiers of subscriptions like a Silver, Gold, Platinum thing but as long as this fits your needs, you can use it how you wish. The current settings you have would allow the user to go to the different subscription for no change in price, you will want to change that or someone would be able to purchase your monthly subscription and get the 12 month for no extra cost.

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

Typically, this is used to have different tiers of subscriptions like a Silver, Gold, Platinum thing but as long as this fits your needs, you can use it how you wish. The current settings you have would allow the user to go to the different subscription for no change in price, you will want to change that or someone would be able to purchase your monthly subscription and get the 12 month for no extra cost.

Wow! Didn't know that! So I have no idea how to 'change that or someone would be able to purchase your monthly subscription and get the 12 month for no extra cost.'  

Should I switch the 'Customers can upgrade subscriptions' to OFF and leave 'Customers can downgrade subscriptions' to ON?  

17 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We cant really answer that question, as it depends on what exactly you want to achieve. However thats not what is causing the ability to upgrade at no cost. It's the fact you have "No charge" set on the upgrade part. So someone can indeed upgrade with no charge to themselves

Thanks. Changed the setting to "Difference between the purchase prices" which seems to be reasonable and works for our non profit.