Upgrade to 4.6.12 issue

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I just upgraded to 4.6.12.  In my Safari browser when I got to VIEW SITE from the control panel now all I see is the following page: 

I checked on the Firefox browser and the site is up and running for guests. However when I logged into an account as an active member the only page that comes up is: 

Same issue on Chrome. I cleared the system cache and that didn't help. We are using the default theme that comes with IC. 

Anyone else experience this issue?  I have sent in a support issue with IC support. I need help asap. Anyone else have a solution?
Edited by bradybarrows

4 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This is new in the latest release:

image.png

Ok Jim, thanks for your explanation. Ok, so only adding groups to users is not enought to get access to restringed forums or pages. So, how can I add manually a subscription to the users that I need?

7 minutes ago, Optimvs said:

Ok Jim, thanks for your explanation. Ok, so only adding groups to users is not enought to get access to restringed forums or pages. So, how can I add manually a subscription to the users that I need?

You would want to manually add members to the Subscription on the ACP -> Commerce -> Subscriptions -> Subscriptions Plans -> click the + sign on the subscription you wish to manually add members to.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

I just responded to your ticket with an answer. This is due to you are requiring subscriptions on registration.

I am an admin. I tried on a different browser as a moderator and got the same result. Shouldn't admins and mods be exempt from subscriptions?

1 minute ago, bradybarrows said:

I am an admin. I tried on a different browser as a moderator and got the same result. Shouldn't admins and mods be exempt from subscriptions?

This is not currently the way it works, no.

24 minutes ago, Jim M said:

This is not currently the way it works, no.

Jim, 
This is a totally different way to think. Based upon this understanding I will need to setup a subscription plan for certain members who are admins or mods. Is that how to resolve this issue?

I just put a member I setup into my 12 month subscription plan and voila!!!!  Everything works for that member. 

Edited by bradybarrows

1 minute ago, bradybarrows said:

Jim, 
This is a totally different way to think. Based upon this understanding I will need to setup a subscription plan for certain members who are admins or mods. Is that how to resolve this issue?

I just put a member I setup into my 12 month subscription plan and voila!!!!  Everything works for that member. 

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

You would want to manually add members to the Subscription on the ACP -> Commerce -> Subscriptions -> Subscriptions Plans -> click the + sign on the subscription you wish to manually add members to.

Whether or not this fits your plan is another story but the administrator or moderator would not need to purchase it.

27 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Whether or not this fits your plan is another story but the administrator or moderator would not need to purchase it.

I see how this works. The caveat is admins and moderators have their own group and under their profile a custom group badge. The current badge for a moderator looks like this: 

moderator.thumb.png.da4e962de06149bb0dfeac9af921c838.png

Adding this moderator into the 12 month subscription plan puts the primary group as 12 month subscription in the profile. I have added this moderator to the secondary group MODERATOR so that hopefully this moderator has moderator privileges. Not sure if this works or not?

Ok, I am able to easily login to ACP with my membership. If I change my membership to a 12 month subscription how can I assure I will still have root admin privileges?  I am scarred to death to make this change if I lose ACP login credentials. Should I just keep my root admin membership separate from the 12 month subscription plan and use another membership like the moderator membership to view the member forum?  

The one perk of this upgrade is that it forces inactive members to purchase a subscription which is nice. 

Another caveat is that when I log out of the ACP it doesn't log me out on VIEW SITE account. I try to log out of the VIEW SITE account and it goes to subscriptions/ and wants me to purchase a subscription. I am able to log back into the ACP if I use the following:

/admin/?app=core&module=system&controller=login&ref=

As I said before I am reluctant to add my root admin account to the 12 month subscription plan and lose ACP privileges as a root admin. Any thoughts?

Edited by bradybarrows

42 minutes ago, bradybarrows said:

I see how this works. The caveat is admins and moderators have their own group and under their profile a custom group badge. The current badge for a moderator looks like this: 

moderator.thumb.png.da4e962de06149bb0dfeac9af921c838.png

Adding this moderator into the 12 month subscription plan puts the primary group as 12 month subscription in the profile. I have added this moderator to the secondary group MODERATOR so that hopefully this moderator has moderator privileges. Not sure if this works or not?

Ok, I am able to easily login to ACP with my membership. If I change my membership to a 12 month subscription how can I assure I will still have root admin privileges?  I am scarred to death to make this change if I lose ACP login credentials. Should I just keep my root admin membership separate from the 12 month subscription plan and use another membership like the moderator membership to view the member forum?  

You would want to place your administrator and moderator groups in the protected group in ACP -> Commerce -> Subscriptions -> Subscription plans -> Settings. This will keep them in the same groups. Even previously, it is advised to do this even outside of this particular situation in case an administrator or moderator team member purchases a subscription.

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would want to place your administrator and moderator groups in the protected moderator group in ACP -> Commerce -> Subscriptions -> Subscription plans -> Settings. This will keep them in the same groups. Even previously, it is advised to do this even outside of this particular situation in case an administrator or moderator team member purchases a subscription.

I don't understand your instructions above. I don't see how to place the administrator or moderator groups using your description above. 

This feels like a misguided change, and you're here to say "it's not a bug, it's a feature!" This hasn't ever worked this way, in years.

Admins should not be redirected to a /subscriptions/ page — they should be able to see the site at all times, as it's been in the past five+ years — and you shouldn't be preventing people from logging out of the site.

-----

As for trying to help you out, @bradybarrows:

2 hours ago, bradybarrows said:

I don't understand your instructions above. I don't see how to place the administrator or moderator groups using your description above. 

By clicking the checkbox(es) here for the moderators groups (admins don't show up in there - they're always protected, per the text on the page there), they won't be moved out of the moderator groups, so their "mod" privileges will remain. As it says:

Users in the groups selected here will not be moved out of their group even when purchasing a Subscription. For example, you might choose staff groups so that they do not lose their power. Administrator groups are always protected.

So, you can manually add people to the subscription (I had to manually add myself as an administrator to a subscription on my site), and if you want their group to be protected, you check off their group name there.

Edited by iacas

@Jim M, actually this is worse than I thought when I posted the above.

I have a site at evolvr.com and it has a subscription option which I turned on via the setting in the image below:

image.png.5183a1b1dc8b5ac9f452dce7921c493e.png

I've had to disable that feature because it's not doing what it says: "force a purchase when registering." I've had previously subscribed (and already registered members) who should have access to some things on the forum get stuck in the "reload loop" of just being force-fed the /subscriptions/ page even though I have some open areas of the site AND they've already registered, so they should be able to see the content they created when they had a subscription… they just can't create new content.

This feature which used to "work" as expected is now what I consider to be "broken." At the best it's mislabeled - and I'm of the opinion that previously registered users shouldn't need to see only /subscriptions/ when they're returning to the site, trying to log out, etc. Nor that admins should need to be added to "subscribers" to see their own site.

5 hours ago, Jim M said:

You would want to place your administrator and moderator groups in the protected group in ACP -> Commerce -> Subscriptions -> Subscription plans -> Settings. This will keep them in the same groups. Even previously, it is advised to do this even outside of this particular situation in case an administrator or moderator team member purchases a subscription.

Jim, 

In the protected groups there is no Administrators or Root Admin groups listed to protect. What am I doing wrong? In the ACP > Members > Groups these two groups are listed but are not listed in ACP > Commerce > Subscriptions > Subscription Plans > Settings > Protected Groups 

protected-groups.thumb.png.f4ec39dbf788595bcae40182f4293739.png

Edited by bradybarrows

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

A patch has now been release for this and is currently being pushed out. Please go to support in your admin CP to see this. If you do not see the update, wait a few minutes and check again

What changes does the patch make?

• Do admins still need to be added to the subscriptions? What about moderators that could previously see the forum? Previously registered accounts (i.e. the bad wording before)?
  • Can users log out or do other things without being redirected to /subscriptions/ in a loop?
  • What else?

I'm curious what settings/etc. I have to change again here to work around or with this update.

Edited by iacas

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

A patch has now been release for this and is currently being pushed out. Please go to support in your admin CP to see this. If you do not see the update, wait a few minutes and check again

Went to ACP > System > Support > Get Support 

I don't see a patch. I will keep coming back to this to see if a patch arrives. Am I in the correct place?

6 hours ago, Fred Mercury said:

This is causing a problem, I have created a "free" subscription with no cost and no expiration date, I am manually adding the users, but it does not exit the STORE loop.

It is urgent that they reverse this error, since not even the protected groups prevent this from working well.

That is odd, in my issue the store works, but all pages and posts send me to the subscriptions page.