EasyPost shipping adjustment for multiple items

If I sell one item, the cost of shipping in Canada could range from $8.60 to $30 for same item based on location. For this EasyPost is fantastic and works great.

But if they buy 3 of those items say, that $8.60 is suddenly $22 in real world shipping costs.  So I would lose  $13.40 on that transaction because the shipping stays at $8.60

I could do a manual pricing in the system, then apply EasyPost manually, but the difference in shipping costs the 8 to 30 kills that right off the bat. 

The dynamic pricing on the shipping is amazing, it works great.  But is there any way to adjust it so it reflects the cart?

Edited by socceronly

I have marked this to a developer to confirm if what you're experiencing is as expected. Someone should reply as soon as they are able to. If so, we may need to move this to feature suggestions and evaluate this for the future (if possible).

Yeah, millions of online shops have that very same problem. They do a simple calculation based on one parameter, but parcel services have multiple parameters and limits. 3 of item A and 5 of item B might coincidentally fit in a certain box (and so a combined flat fee for multiple items and even different products makes perfect sense), but add one more of item A and you end up with a completely different box range and a completely different price. To solve that, the shopping system would need to be able to know which boxes you have and virtually fill them in advance based on sizes and weight limits and even chose multiple packages in some cases. Only very sophisticated and usually custom(!) shop systems will be able to replicate the necessary logic. Our normal shops will have to work with a mixed calculation unfortunately. 

Edited by opentype

Well... now that I am actually using this thing....

When it kicks back the label to print, is the format decided by the carrier or the EasyPost plug in?

Am I just being stupid, in that I can't simply right click and print a PNG. 

If you open it into a separate window, and use the print function it prints on two pages...

Disabling it... I have 500+ shipments so this doesn't work. 

So many many many mouse clicks

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 4:59 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Labels would come from your shipper. Im not sure what you mean by the issues you are having. Perhaps screenshotting this may help?

So the label is kicked back by the carrier. 

In Canada Posts case they send back a PNG.   You can't simply, at least as far as I can tell, right click and print it.  

Open in a new tab
Then print it.
Reorient it to Landscape
It prints on two pages....

13 hours ago, socceronly said:

So the label is kicked back by the carrier. 

In Canada Posts case they send back a PNG.   You can't simply, at least as far as I can tell, right click and print it.  

Open in a new tab
Then print it.
Reorient it to Landscape
It prints on two pages....

If you cant print it from your browser, thats really a browser issue rather than anything else. If the image itself is too large, the wrong dimensions or otherwise, we have no control over that as it comes from easypost