Important notice about your Invision Community cloud package

Go to solution Solved by Lindy,

Important notice: our hosting plans are changing and your action is required.

We are writing to all our customers currently on our legacy 25 user and 40 user plans as these plans will be removed in January 2022.

Can you please clarify how and when this is processed?
What date exactly will that happen? Is is a specific date or tied to the renewal terms?
What happens when someone doesn’t upgrade in time? Will they have their accounts put on hold? Or deleted entirely and instantly?

• Management
  • Solution
On 12/22/2021 at 3:50 AM, opentype said:

Can you please clarify how and when this is processed?
What date exactly will that happen? Is is a specific date or tied to the renewal terms?
What happens when someone doesn’t upgrade in time? Will they have their accounts put on hold? Or deleted entirely and instantly?

On January 22, 2022, cloud service will be temporarily suspended until such time that a new package is selected. We felt this was a better (albeit less than ideal) alternative to automatically upgrading packages. There will be a 60 day grace period to reactivate an account on a new package, or receive a full backup of the account. After the 60 day window, the account would be purged, per data retention policies

I hope that answers your questions and helps alleviates some potential fear and uncertainty. 

On 12/28/2021 at 3:51 PM, Lindy said:

… and helps alleviates some potential fear and uncertainty. 

Well, not really.

I may have missed an email notice about this, and only found out about the change in Cloud Hosting Plans for 2022 this morning when I saw this Topic.

I have a modest Board that is celebrating its 20th Anniversary in March 2022, and is funded primarily via voluntary Donations. I am currently in the Ultra 100 User Plan at $70/month. After checking with Support on my current Usage/Page Views etc I am told I will need to change to the “Growth Plan” at $142/month. That is over DOUBLE an increase in Cloud Hosting fees with no explanation as to why. 

Lindy as Manager, is there any flexibility for clients that are getting whacked by this change in Cloud Hosting Packages?

Can I speak to you or another Manager over the phone, person to person, or establish an email dialogue? 

Edited by Allen Bradford

The jump between starter and growth is pretty significant.  It basically triples our yearly cost as were on the Super 65. @Allen Bradford like your community we handle cost through donations.  On our last cycle we anticipated moving up to the Ultra 100, so our donation goals accounted for that increase but not for this one.

My assumption is the price increase is mainly due to the significant increase in storage allotment from 8GB to 500GB.  Which is a lot, assuming this is all Amazon S3 storage.  For me this does not matter as we pay for our storage/bandwidth separately running us about $250 a year.

What would have been nice is if the storage options were not bundled.  Basically choose your cloud plan...then choose what you want your storage option to be.  For smaller communities or communities with external hosting this would have been a huge cost savings for them.

Also one thing that is not clear is if the 500GB of media storage includes unlimited Bandwidth.  Bandwidth is that thing people never account for and it can be a nightmare if your community is using an insane amount of bandwidth over what is allotted.  For us about 60% of our storage cost is actually for bandwidth as we use about 2TB a month on 250GB of storage.

3 hours ago, Lindy said:

This ONLY impacts legacy "Standard 25" and "Plus 40" customers at this time. If you did not receive an email, it is because you are not on those packages and no further action is necessary.

Lindy, I have been on the Ultra 100 User Plan for years. After I read this Topic I contacted your Support Team and asked them if I would need to change Plans and if so what Plan. I was told I needed to change to the Growth Plan. That would over double my Cloud Hosting monthly/yearly fees. 

I’m confused. Please let me know if I have to change or not. I don’t want my Board to be suspended. Feel free to email me at my contact email associated with my account.

46 minutes ago, Allen Bradford said:

Lindy, I have been on the Ultra 100 User Plan for years. After I read this Topic I contacted your Support Team and asked them if I would need to change Plans and if so what Plan. I was told I needed to change to the Growth Plan. That would over double my Cloud Hosting monthly/yearly fees. 

I’m confused. Please let me know if I have to change or not. I don’t want my Board to be suspended. Feel free to email me at my contact email associated with my account.

Apologies there. The last response you received was incorrect in having to change on 22nd Jan, because of the plan you are currently on. The other responses however were in response to your questions.

The plans have indeed changed, and you asked what you would need to change to if you changed, and that you were changing the way you run your site. You were answered on that basis, as we do have customers who want to switch to the new packages for their benefit.

On 12/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Our pricing for the new cloud products can be found on the following page

https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

that doesnt show the before and after - ie price increase

13 hours ago, Lindy said:

This ONLY impacts legacy "Standard 25" and "Plus 40" customers at this time. If you did not receive an email, it is because you are not on those packages and no further action is necessary.

Does "At this time" mean other packages will get an increase soon ie other customers packages ?

Edited by Muddy Boots

14 hours ago, Lindy said:

Braxton Family Values Love GIF by WE tv

So this is why I didn't get any emails, and now that makes sense.  Man oh man....I was getting scared there for a moment.