want to contact invision support

Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

Please note that our support response times are up to 72 hours. While we do usually answer very quickly, it will be slower over a weekend period. 

12 hours ago, Howard L Martinez said:

i also really don't like this support forum their is not ticket system now and support is very non professional now u can't get your answers many day . i don't know why they convert to this and where our old tickets goes

Sorry to here you feel that is the case, however it would never take many days to answer any topic. We are actually answering at the same rate (indeed its actually the same staff) as within the ticket system. 

20 hours ago, Howard L Martinez said:

i also really don't like this support forum their is not ticket system now and support is very non professional now u can't get your answers many day . i don't know why they convert to this and where our old tickets goes

Hey @Howard L Martinez - I feel ya. I think there are always going to be some growing pains when trying something new. I personally think the forum support has been pretty awesome because our answers are also going to help people in the future who may have a similar issue 🙂  It's also cool that the community can weigh in, too! You can even make a custom activity stream with your support topics and receive a daily email that includes a roundup of anything you may have missed. 😇 

20 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I already did - no response 

We'll look into this for ya ;] 

22 hours ago, Howard L Martinez said:

I agree, the new style forum support doesnt work for me.

1. You cannot (if you wish to remain anonymous) post sensitive information here

2. You start a support topic here and then have to reply to an email ticket - now the support is split across here and an email so completely disjointed

I find it horrible and mostly confusing and irritating......

47 minutes ago, Muddy Boots said:

I agree, the new style forum support doesnt work for me.

1. You cannot (if you wish to remain anonymous) post sensitive information here

2. You start a support topic here and then have to reply to an email ticket - now the support is split across here and an email so completely disjointed

I find it horrible and mostly confusing and irritating......

1. We will never ask for sensitive information here in the public topic. There are ways around it that we can obtain support and still benefit the community by being a part of the request. You're, of course, very welcome to omit any information out of logs, screenshots, etc... you do not want to share publicly (such as server paths). If you need to pass a URL, you're welcome to provide a relative URL that does not include your domain, for instance:  /forums/topic/123-my-topic instead of  https://example.com/forums/topic/123-my-topic . We know your URL so can fill in the blanks 🙂 .
  2. You would never need to answer/reply to both a ticket email and the support topic here. If we need to transfer your support topic to a ticket, you will only need to correspond with us in the ticket. Once the ticket is resolved, we (Invision Staff) will update the topic here so the community benefits from the result.

7 minutes ago, Jim M said:
  1. We will never ask for sensitive information here in the public topic. There are ways around it that we can obtain support and still benefit the community by being a part of the request. You're, of course, very welcome to omit any information out of logs, screenshots, etc... you do not want to share publicly (such as server paths). If you need to pass a URL, you're welcome to provide a relative URL that does not include your domain, for instance:  /forums/topic/123-my-topic instead of  https://example.com/forums/topic/123-my-topic . We know your URL so can fill in the blanks 🙂 .
  2. You would never need to answer/reply to both a ticket email and the support topic here. If we need to transfer your support topic to a ticket, you will only need to correspond with us in the ticket. Once the ticket is resolved, we (Invision Staff) will update the topic here so the community benefits from the result.

Jim

I know all that

1. Sometimes its helpful not to have to edit out sensitive information - I consider this a waste of my time - if I could just open a support ticket - id send you the info and not have to worry if any sensitive info is on there - instead I have to check and then black out anything I dont want seen publicly - a waste of my time

2. If its started here..... then it goes to a ticket - yes we continue to do it on the tickets - but the thread is now split - if your trying to have it so other members can see the outcome then when its on a ticket or with sensitive information you cant publish then its all kind of gone wrong in my humble opinion......

1 minute ago, Muddy Boots said:

Jim

I know all that

1. Sometimes its helpful not to have to edit out sensitive information - I consider this a waste of my time - if I could just open a support ticket - id send you the info and not have to worry if any sensitive info is on there - instead I have to check and then black out anything I dont want seen publicly - a waste of my time

2. If its started here..... then it goes to a ticket - yes we continue to do it on the tickets - but the thread is now split - if your trying to have it so other members can see the outcome then when its on a ticket or with sensitive information you cant publish then its all kind of gone wrong in my humble opinion......

Appreciate the feedback and fully understand but to be honest, we haven't had the need around these items over the last few weeks and we've done our normal support volume. I am just saying, you can do this if the need comes up and addressing your concern that there are ways to handle "sensitive" information. 

Addressing the ticket concern, once things hit a ticket, it's the "OK we need access for our developers to further review" and there is extremely limited communication from the client's end at that point. We then have updated the topic with anything further that has come to it. 

Ultimately, like @Jordan Miller said, it is a new process and it is going to take some time to get used to from both customers and our staff. Think benefits are already showing with customers helping and contributing so continue to work through it and we welcome any feedback 🙂 .

No issue 

If I can get answer after 72 hours 

This is not very urgent 

However, I have sent two support requests, one was for billing payment - No reply came - I solved it later 

and so was worried about my second request of merging communities 

Can you please confirm that you have received the request? 

16 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

No issue 

If I can get answer after 72 hours 

This is not very urgent 

However, I have sent two support requests, one was for billing payment - No reply came - I solved it later 

and so was worried about my second request of merging communities 

Can you please confirm that you have received the request? 

Sorry, we do not have any open/recent tickets for your account. If you have submitted an email directly to our support address, I'm afraid, this would be rejected and sent back to you with instructions to submit your request via the Client Area. How did you submit the request?

That why I created this ticket.............

First from email the one you saying - after reading instructions 

I have sent two request from the following link  twice 

https://invisioncommunity.com/contact-us/  

and then I created this topic 

There are two options only 

1. sales
  2. Account and billing

Can you check both departments? 

now next time for technical support which department should we choose 

21 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

now next time for technical support which department should we choose 

For technical support, please use this forum. 

23 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

First from email the one you saying - after reading instructions 

I have sent two request from the following link  twice 

https://invisioncommunity.com/contact-us/  

and then I created this topic 

There are two options only 

1. sales
  2. Account and billing

Can you check both departments? 

Our system would encompass all departments in searches. Was it submitted under a different email?

Marc, I have a problem with my site and opened a ticket earlier today at the Get Support link, and still have some time left it appears for mail support. Any way to tell if the ticket actually got to someone or if there's something I need to do further? I was trying an upgrade and am getting this with no way to get out of an endless loop:

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
/home/wfphotos/worldsfaircommunity.org/system/Db/Db.php::2181

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_attachments_map` ADD KEY `map_lookup` (`location_key`(250),`id1`,`id2`)

I'd just like to know if this is on someone's radar, and when I might hear back, or if there's anything I can do on my end. Looking at past threads I didn't see anything suggested other than support has to fix it.

Thanks

Bill

6 hours ago, Bill in CA said:

Marc, I have a problem with my site and opened a ticket earlier today at the Get Support link, and still have some time left it appears for mail support. Any way to tell if the ticket actually got to someone or if there's something I need to do further? I was trying an upgrade and am getting this with no way to get out of an endless loop:

Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
/home/wfphotos/worldsfaircommunity.org/system/Db/Db.php::2181

ALTER TABLE `ibf_core_attachments_map` ADD KEY `map_lookup` (`location_key`(250),`id1`,`id2`)

I'd just like to know if this is on someone's radar, and when I might hear back, or if there's anything I can do on my end. Looking at past threads I didn't see anything suggested other than support has to fix it.

Thanks

Bill

I cant actually see one under this email address, however if you have emailed in to support then it would indeed have been received and you should have had confirmation of this via email also. Was this submitted from an email other than the main one on your account?

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I cant actually see one under this email address, however if you have emailed in to support then it would indeed have been received and you should have had confirmation of this via email also. Was this submitted from an email other than the main one on your account?

No, should be from bcotter@xxxx.com. Site is worldsfaircommunity.org. I just had to restore the site to get it operational so the upgrade job/loop has been fixed, but I would like to get the core problem addressed so I can do the upgrade. The ticket was opened on your site and not by my sending in an email if that helps.

I also just now submitted a request through the admin panel, which I didn't have access to while the system was down.

6 minutes ago, Bill in CA said:

No, should be from bcotter@xxxx.com. Site is worldsfaircommunity.org. I just had to restore the site to get it operational so the upgrade job/loop has been fixed, but I would like to get the core problem addressed so I can do the upgrade. The ticket was opened on your site and not by my sending in an email if that helps.

We just received the one which you just submitted. Do you know if you submitted the request via the Client Area or via the contact us form?