Landing Page ( Support Topic )

On 8/9/2021 at 2:11 AM, Wesker289 said:

Is there a way to remove the requirements for the blocks? Would love to not have to put a title on the image block for example. Throws so much off; as well as the content - be nice to just have an image without any other requirements. 

On 10/1/2021 at 7:19 PM, misfit76 said:

I am getting the following error when trying to create a Block. This is happening when all detailes are entered and i hit "Save".  I was trying to create "Main Block ( Multiple Image Backgrounds )"

TypeError: Argument 2 passed to IPS\_Db::preparedQuery() must be of the type array, null given, called in /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Db/Db.php on line 936 (0)
#0 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Db/Db.php(936): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `la...', NULL)
#1 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert('landingpage_ima...', Array)
#2 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/applications/landingpage/modules/admin/main/blocks.php(631): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\landingpage\modules\admin\main\_blocks->contentBlockMultiple()
#4 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Node/Controller.php(69): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/skupper/www.bmw2002faq.com/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Thank you!

Both done in the pending version just submitted.

• 1 month later...

Adriano I have a question about a the forum posts block. Is there way to not have multiple blocks for each time a person replies in a single thread? For example if there's four recent replies in one thread the landing page will show four blocks from that thread. Is there a way around that? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm totally missing something...How do you make the landing page the first page that everyone that visits the site sees before logging in or registering for my community? I know how to make it the page they see AFTER logging in but that is not so helpful.

I am getting a lot of traffic to my Invision community login page, but only members who sign up for a membership on a different site are allowed to register and login. I'm hoping to direct some of this traffic to my membership enrollment page. 

I bought the landing page plug-in already and build the page I want, but now I am wondering if I've made a mistake...

Thank you in advance!

4 hours ago, Isabeau Maxwell said:

I'm totally missing something...How do you make the landing page the first page that everyone that visits the site sees before logging in or registering for my community? I know how to make it the page they see AFTER logging in but that is not so helpful.

I am getting a lot of traffic to my Invision community login page, but only members who sign up for a membership on a different site are allowed to register and login. I'm hoping to direct some of this traffic to my membership enrollment page. 

I bought the landing page plug-in already and build the page I want, but now I am wondering if I've made a mistake...

Thank you in advance!

The tutorial above does not show you can select a third-party app as the default application, but you can if so desired. 

Edited by Chris Anderson
12 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

The tutorial above does not show you can select a third-party app as the default application, but you can if so desired. 

Thank you for replying. I did that, set it to default, but I am still getting the login page as the first page after typing in my URL. Typed the url in an incognito window to double check and yep, still the login page. Is there something further I should be doing?

After logging in I see the landing page I made. 

3 minutes ago, Isabeau Maxwell said:

Thank you for replying. I did that, set it to default, but I am still getting the login page as the first page after typing in my URL. Typed the url in an incognito window to double check and yep, still the login page. Is there something further I should be doing?

After logging in I see the landing page I made. 

If you set NO to Can access site? in Guests groups that's what you'll got. That's not a problem of THIS app. It will happen with ANY app.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@Adriano Faria I downloaded this, very awesome! I am using the Sponsors ( Advertisers / Partners ) block that has up to 8 that you can add. Im using it as more of a directory and linking it to where i need it to go on my own site. Right now it is NOT my current home page as I am not ready to release it yet. But as i add my URL's to the buttons, they all take me back to the page i am already on, no matter what URL I enter. Am I missing something I was supposed to have done? 

I also tried to add it as a block on to a normal page, by doing this, the buttons all take me to that page that I am on.

10 hours ago, Schaken said:

@Adriano Faria I downloaded this, very awesome! I am using the Sponsors ( Advertisers / Partners ) block that has up to 8 that you can add. Im using it as more of a directory and linking it to where i need it to go on my own site. Right now it is NOT my current home page as I am not ready to release it yet. But as i add my URL's to the buttons, they all take me back to the page i am already on, no matter what URL I enter. Am I missing something I was supposed to have done? 

I also tried to add it as a block on to a normal page, by doing this, the buttons all take me to that page that I am on.

That's funny. I fixed this a while back but it isn't there; not sure why. You can see it it mentions "block one" in all the blocks. Will have to download and test it again. Will do as soon as I get some time; still missing some resources to test compatibility. 👍

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...