Members Shop Profile Gifts ( Support Topic )

Hey,

Thank you for another add-on. I just wanted to confirm if the addon has pre-existing gifts like the one in the images you uploaded included or the gifts have to be manually created? I understand we can manually create new gifts but wanted to know if there are certain pre-installed gifts that come with it?

2 minutes ago, Priyesh said:

Thank you for another add-on. I just wanted to confirm if the addon has pre-existing gifts like the one in the images you uploaded included or the gifts have to be manually created? I understand we can manually create new gifts but wanted to know if there are certain pre-installed gifts that come with it?

there is none pre-loaded they all have to be done manually, there are too many different versions of what the gifts could be for me to of had default ones, and due to the fact the images are probably copyrighted adding them to something I am selling is probably not a good idea lol, they was all easily found using a google search though

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jinnie said:

can these gifts be displayed under the author info in posts like trophies and medals or is it just on the profile and under the signature spot?

at the minute they are in the profiles and topics signature spot, but if you wanted it in the user info panel I am sure I can work them into it, dunno if you have this but I might add it to that too 

On 11/1/2019 at 2:54 AM, TheJackal84 said:

at the minute they are in the profiles and topics signature spot, but if you wanted it in the user info panel I am sure I can work them into it, dunno if you have this but I might add it to that too 

Yeah I'd like to have them in the user info panel. That's the only thing keeping me from buying it right now. I prefer to have the items displayed there if they're displayed in posts (which I like to do so my users can showcase what they have to everyone else). I'll be sure to keep on eye on this!

46 minutes ago, jinnie said:

Yeah I'd like to have them in the user info panel. That's the only thing keeping me from buying it right now. I prefer to have the items displayed there if they're displayed in posts (which I like to do so my users can showcase what they have to everyone else). I'll be sure to keep on eye on this!

I'll see what I can do, But keep in mind the post container is only like 300px wide so will only hold like 4 images in a row then you could wind up having a long list of items spanning the page really long, ( Unless they are limited in how many to show, They are all random anyway so each post will show a different bunch / positions )

On 11/5/2019 at 1:56 AM, TheJackal84 said:

I'll see what I can do, But keep in mind the post container is only like 300px wide so will only hold like 4 images in a row then you could wind up having a long list of items spanning the page really long, ( Unless they are limited in how many to show, They are all random anyway so each post will show a different bunch / positions )

I don't mind a limit on the number displayed. Maybe options to set limits at different numbers? Like display 4, 8, 12, 18, etc.? And by random do you mean their display order is randomized? So if 4 are displayed and a user has 10 total it will randomly show any of the 10 at any moment in time in the spot? If so I think an option of randomization or a set order users chose would be a nice idea. I know some of my users would like it being randomized but I know others would like to display the items in a specific order. That's one of the minor issues we have with user Trophies&Medals as the custom items on our site. Users can't just arrange them to their liking. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up, @TheJackal84: I think I've found a small display bug (It really is extremely minor). 

I used this image:

cookie.png.51bb48466b2bb67b6a9d99a3d9e2b508.png

To test, and unfortunately it doesn't seem to scale the image to fit in the boxes, at least on IPS Focus Themes:

bug01.thumb.jpg.af747103203f42b5d2d0f3d6defcbc3d.jpg

bug02.thumb.jpg.9f6b3ebab09f0f239d63608e0c9eee3f.jpg

I have thus far untested it with the Invision Power default, but as I said. I figured I'd give you a heads up. Everything else seems to be working perfectly. 🙂

I will point out that in the membershop, on the homepage it does seem to scale down, however there is another bug in regards to that in that the text isn't centre, which again - in the grand scheme of things is an extremely minor nitpick. 

bug03.jpg.5cd5a376e0bc6f6333e076b1fc9c310a.jpg

7 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

what theme is it you are using? Does it happen with the default one for you too?

IPSFocus Villain in the screenshots but yes, it definitely does this on the IPS Default as well:

image.thumb.png.24a0d1443255f296542918468d8dd46d.png

image.thumb.png.9d9691394f31d0bfa9547c2c7a2c0219.png

However; where it comes to this one:

however there is another bug in regards to that in that the text isn't centre, which again - in the grand scheme of things is an extremely minor nitpick. 

On the default IPS theme - this is not a problem, everything is centered. So I guess I will need to speak to @ehren. about this.

Edited by Tripp★
  • 2 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 7:01 AM, Dopply said:

Hi there,

Would it be possible to disable items from appearing (as opposed to being in grayscale) until they are purchased/received, so they can be a surprise upon mystery box opening? Thanks!

Yeah I can look into a setting where you can choose to hide them etc

• 1 month later...

It would be great if the gift on the tab in the user profile was clickable and redirect to the shop, or at least showed a description of the gift.

All ACP created gifts will be shown on the members profiles with the images in Grayscale

• Once a member redeems a gift the image on their profiles will be shown in full colour

I think it's better to make it optional. Despite the grayscale, the presence of many new items in the user profile can be misleading. Now it turns out that the user has a lot of items on the tab, and he does not understand where they came from.
For example, it would be good to have the "Show All / Show Only Received" option on the tab.

And one more thing.
I think a good solution would be to split the profile of gifts into "The Gifts I Gave" and "The Gifts Someone Gave Me".
Imagine the situation: a user gave 100 gifts in a month. Of course, he needs information in a handy way about who and what he gave to.
Especially since the gifts in the profile do not have a description, but only a title. It can be difficult to remember who gave this or that gift to whom and why.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by Asm
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 8:56 AM, TheJackal84 said:

Any update on this? I'm aware of the space limit in user panel, but if an horizontal scroller is allowed, then I guess one could show as many gifts as desired.

Also I'm ok with the amount of shown items being an ACP setting, but I think an option where admin could let user choose wether they want gifts displayed in their posts or not would be appreciated.

Finally, I'd personally like an option for admins to choose where to display gift based on their categories. So you could have one category shown in the posts and another in the user panel (under the message counter for example).

Take this last one as a mere formal suggestion. As much as I need it I fully understand it might not turn out to be a popular feature and that it'd probably take a lot of work for you to go through.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Niqmo said:

And the icon for this application does not show up:
Image 002.jpg

Do you have Members Shop installed? It adds the menu in the Members Shop group:

P4Gbslh.png

Members Shop is required for this app to run:

42OLbgd.png

4 hours ago, Niqmo said:

Gifts refuse to upload (png format):
1923576107_Image001.thumb.jpg.e5e6f8ced07b436b4dc6815ea6e4b9aa.jpg