Mark Topic

What’s new in version 1.0.1:

Fixed

• When a marked topic is deleted, data indicating that the topic was marked is deleted from the database.
  • When a marked topic is merged in with an unmarked topic, data indicating that the topic was marked is deleted from the database.
Edited by Runar
12 hours ago, kmk said:

Which is the difference compare the tag solution? 

This plugin makes it easy and fast to add a marker (badge) to a topic, by placing a button next to the «Reply to this topic»-button. The marker visually stands out, both when viewing the topic and when viewing the forums.

It's similar to using tags, but with tags you and your members will have to edit the topic and manually add the tag. Also, unless I’m mistaken, there is no way to restrict a tag to specific forums or members. This plugin is kind of a combination of tags, prefixes, and saved actions (multimoderation), and you can allow everyone to use the markers, not only admins and moderators.

Here are a few pictures showing the visual differences between markers, tags, and prefixes.

When viewing the forum:

1584798110_Skjermbilde2019-04-18kl_11_25_39.png.448e1201a8604d0425068760315c3ffb.png

When viewing the topics:

marked_topic.png.07a15b30c9c6c4a161000c2a465d90ad.png

tagged_topic.png.ae7bea9fc67065f1b166f0ad0ac03bbe.png

prefixed_topic.png.7fbfbf2b06b81cb606b6f8dfbdefdbdf.png

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Edited by Runar
New pictures
3 hours ago, sonimik1 said:

If I do not work in local. But in my website online :mellow:

I have fixed the problem! It was caused by Unread Topic Badge, another plugin. I had to change the order of the plugins, and move my plugin below Unread Topic Badge. It seems to be working fine now, but let me know if you’re still having problems.

I also identified a bug related to deleted (non-existing) forums and member groups, and I have uploaded a new version to your website. Thank you for your time!

Edited by Runar
On 4/18/2019 at 4:33 AM, Runar said:

This plugin makes it easy and fast to add a marker (badge) to a topic, by placing a button next to the «Reply to this topic»-button. The marker visually stands out, both when viewing the topic and when viewing the forums.

It's similar to using tags, but with tags you and your members will have to edit the topic and manually add the tag. Also, unless I’m mistaken, there is no way to restrict a tag to specific forums or members. This plugin is kind of a combination of tags, prefixes, and saved actions (multimoderation), and you can allow everyone to use the markers, not only admins and moderators.

Here are a few pictures showing the visual differences between markers, tags, and prefixes.

When viewing the forum:

1584798110_Skjermbilde2019-04-18kl_11_25_39.png.448e1201a8604d0425068760315c3ffb.png

When viewing the topics:

marked_topic.png.07a15b30c9c6c4a161000c2a465d90ad.png

tagged_topic.png.ae7bea9fc67065f1b166f0ad0ac03bbe.png

prefixed_topic.png.7fbfbf2b06b81cb606b6f8dfbdefdbdf.png

Let me know if you have any other questions!

So, I can call it as Topic Status plugin? If this is the case, not necesary close the topic after Mark it. And I suggest, the action mark should be an action that call to choose which Statu to use. Example, maybe the topic Statu now is ON THE WAY, but the topic continues receive posts, maybe tomorrow is the time close it, then tomorrow I click to Mark botton and choose FINISHED, then take other action, close the topic. 

Above explanation don't have any automatic condition that close the topic, all manually by the moderator o moderators of the topic. 

Maybe if we want to close the topic automatically, we need a set of conditions available for set up each topic...

What’s new in version 1.1.0:

Added

• Allow a topic to be locked or unlocked, and moved, when marked and unmarked.
  • Add support for multiple languages (translatable markers).
  • Make it possible to choose between badge or tag as marker style.
  • Log administrator actions on markers.

Fixed

• Restructure the admin pages for better workflow.
  • Improve the preview of markers in the admin pages.
  • Improve the handling of marked topics meta data.
  • Fix a few small annoyances in the admin pages.
  • 2 months later...

@Runar can you add a collaborative feature?

First, I set up in a forum the members who will have permission to use Mark Topic, example 5 members. 

Then if in a topic one of the 5 members want set Mark Topic, example set AGREED, but the mark still not appearing in the topic, waiting for others 2 members more as a condition appearing the mark. 

Maybe can create a statu space that indicates who are already set mark. 

I would like purchase this add on immediately with the requested feature. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 2:15 AM, Joel R said:

@Runar Do topic authors have permission to choose the markers?  

As long as the topic author’s group is selected in the marker permissions, they will be able to mark and unmark their own topics. As a side note, since you used the word «choose»: There can only be one marker per forum, so no one, not even administrators, can choose between different markers.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 9:46 AM, jpointer2_merged said:

@Runar this is exactly what I need but will it be supported in 4.5?

Yes, it will! I'm working on updating the plugin as we speak.

For the record: 4.5 will introduce a new Mark as solved-feature, but this feature will only let you mark topics as "solved". If you want to mark them as anything else, or for instance change the style of the markers, you'll still need to use a plugin like mine.

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, James101 said:

@Runar - Hi, any update on 4.5?

Thank you!

Hi! It works fine on 4.5, I’m actually using it on my own community without any changes or issues.

I’ll have to submit a new version, though, to add support for the new Marketplace and to make a minor visual improvement to how the markers are displayed.

6 hours ago, Runar said:

Hi! It works fine on 4.5, I’m actually using it on my own community without any changes or issues.

I’ll have to submit a new version, though, to add support for the new Marketplace and to make a minor visual improvement to how the markers are displayed.

Hey! Great! Thank you for the update!

is there any chance of getting the 'mark' to show on the actual topic itself

so say  if a topic is marked 'sold' , this then shows on the forum list and the topic list as above

but it also shows on the actual topic post itself as well?

as there may be cases when someone viewing the actual topic will be unaware of the 'sold' in the listings