Chat Application ( Support Topic )

Can create chatroom that only accesible for some groups or members?

I want to use it for locals stores customer service. Open the chatroom in a big monitor, when customers want to ask something(take order or whaever), the staff can see it by this way.

Permission of a chatroom:

1. Totally hided: If I want to chat with members invited, and can not see by don´t invited members.

2. Can see by specifics groups members(can see messages inside and how members are interacting with this), but for chat, need invited by chatroom owner or ask permission.

Permissions are limited to the chat rooms right now. Make your container and threw your chatroom in it then set permissions under the chat room. Which groups can view and chat in these rooms. 

permissions.thumb.png.2b79d77a80289566ab9bf74bd59a86b0.png

If your talking about side bar and throwing a chatroom in different sections of forums that maybe coming in near future as well.  Chatbox dose this for you then use the chat rooms for everything else for now. 

Edited by mrbowers

Hello,

I purchased and uploaded, made a couple of chat rooms but I am not seeing any users online when we are present.   

How can I adjust to making the post box areas much smaller and increase the container size so that we can see more posts at one time.   Also, will there be a feature to have the newest post at the bottom instead of the top?

7 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

I purchased and uploaded, made a couple of chat rooms but I am not seeing any users online when we are present.   

How many windows do you have open? it uses the IPS session and if your online location matches the chatroom, it will put you as online, if maybe you have another tab open and browse the site then your location will change putting you offline

8 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

How can I adjust to making the post box areas much smaller and increase the container size so that we can see more posts at one time.   Also, will there be a feature to have the newest post at the bottom instead of the top? 

New update coming will have a setting for the size of the chat and online user box set from a minimum 400px to 1200px, Also looking into a setting for new messages at the top or bottom

1 hour ago, BradSmith said:

Anyone use this with Mobile usage? How stable and readable is it?

Check the demo via mobile

On 3/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, kmk said:

What is the differences between Chat Application and Babble Chat?

What @AlexWebsites said :biggrin:

11 hours ago, kmk said:

Hello, can add voice feature? 

maybe in the future but not now

1 minute ago, InsideEdge said:

I had 1 site browser open, and one admin.  I closed the rest and I still do not see myself or the two moderators that are in the chat room with me.  They don't see anyone online either.

I look forward to the update

I will look into the code to the online bit and see if I can spot anything to say why that might be happening.

Hopefully update will come today if all goes OK, follow the file if your not and you should get a notification when updated

When will release the .1.0.2?

I want to buy this app, I would like ask for these features:

1. Automate insert ad or announcements, predefined by time or after x messages.

2. Can you add posibility of using the phone camara to post a picture?

3. Suggest for notification enhancement, flashing background  by 20 seconds(or defined by admin) for the last 3 messages (or define by admin). This is for notification of visualizacion need, this will remind my employer there are messages send by customers and need read to take order.

4. Work with mention feature? I am thinking about many customers sending messages at the sametime, I would like have some mechanism to avoid ignore any messages. Example, a customer leave a order, and they need to know if we are working on their order, so if the customer after use the mention feature will send us a notification that requiere a click on some word, let say WE WORKING ON YOUR ORDER, then this message will send return to the chatroom automatically.

2 minutes ago, kmk said:

When will release the .1.0.2?

just installed 1.0.2 on the demo so testing it out now, has some more features and also a more compact view of the messages ( this is a setting to choose standard or compact )

2 minutes ago, kmk said:

1. Automate insert ad or announcements, predefined by time or after x messages.

Bots might come in the future and you can place text in there so if it a advert or announcement that's your choice

4 minutes ago, kmk said:

Suggest for notification enhancement, flashing background  by 20 seconds(or defined by admin) for the last 3 messages (or define by admin). This is for notification of visualizacion need, this will remind my employer there are messages send by customers and need read to take order.

Can look into it but no promises

4 minutes ago, kmk said:

Work with mention feature? I am thinking about many customers sending messages at the sametime, I would like have some mechanism to avoid ignore any messages. Example, a customer leave a order, and they need to know if we are working on their order, so if the customer after use the mention feature will send us a notification that requiere a click on some word, let say WE WORKING ON YOUR ORDER, then this message will send return to the chatroom automatically.

You can mention but at the minute you won't get notifed of the mention like in the forums etc

Community please remember this app was just made 😎. Features will be built for it over time and has a lot of greatness to come to it. This is a support section not a feature section. Your welcome to send me message with features. Jack has 20+ apps to manage plus offer support. I will pass them along and reply to who ever. 

I don't think a voice over internet is needed as there a lot of other great one's already made like discord, mumble and ts3. 

8 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

Looks promising mate 🙂 

any planes add forum posts show up in chat?
new post, answered post etc
new blogpost, status, etc

you see what i mean . 

Great job @TheJackal84

Yeah I will be looking into like a bot to post things on the rooms, not sure what they will be though but I will be going along the lines of new topics / downloads etc

Updated to 1.0.2

New Features

• Added a new setting for chatrooms to select the height of the message list and online box
  • Added a new setting for chatrooms to display the message list in a more compact view
  • Changed the permissions for the chatrooms to a permission matrix instead of selecting groups via the chatroom settings
  • Added a feature so when a user submits their message the submit button will fade out stopping any double posts that may occur
  • Added a widget showing a list of all chatrooms and the amount of users online in each ( This only refreshes when the page gets refreshed it is not automatic refresh for the online users )

PLEASE NOTE.....

• If updating you will need to go into each chatroom and container in the ACP and re-save the permissions for them, the permissions can be found in the padlock button of the containers and chatrooms