Chat Application ( Support Topic )

4 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

I'm still not seeing any members online, I've cleared cache after the latest update. 

Will check into that tomorrow if that's cool, its late here now ( will need your site's url etc, we can do it via PM )

I am seeing smaller post containers.  Thank you

No problem

The Home > Chat page isn't showing the chatrooms block and the Widget is also empty.

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

PLEASE NOTE.....

• If updating you will need to go into each chatroom and container in the ACP and re-save the permissions for them, the permissions can be found in the padlock button of the containers and chatrooms

Edited by TheJackal84
3 minutes ago, InsideEdge said:

No worries.  And I did update each permission set.  And I'm not seeing the chatrooms on the chat page as yesterday.  They are there as per using the menu manager using the individual url of the chatrooms.    

did you do each chatroom's permission too, not just the containers

@TheJackal84: I'm not kidding you when I say this, I became that impressed with your chat application that I went ahead and purchased it. Not only that, however, it made me want to upgrade to IPS 4.4 something hadn't wanted to do until I saw this.

On 3/23/2019 at 4:43 AM, kmk said:

Hello, can add voice feature? 

This is a great idea.

I run a fan site for my local football team, the match chat used to be very popular, but CometChat lost their heads and became bloatedware. One thing, however, I liked, was the ability to send voice updates. I would give the thumbs up to this idea, especially if you added settings that would enable only certain members to use the function. I or someone trusted could then give updates on the game as it happens (like commentary). 😍😍

9 hours ago, kmk said:

2. Can you add posibility of using the phone camara to post a picture?

I also like this idea.

The ability to attach/upload images from a smartphone or tablet would be awesome, I often shared pictures throughout games similar to the above voice function. It's useful outside of that as not everyone these days has a desktop computer and otherwise they might not be able to share images.

My suggestions:

• A dedicated chat room moderator(s) - (Allow us to choose who mods the chat rooms and pin them to the top of the online list).
  • Chat room logs - (very useful to read through incase anyone does something they shouldn't, otherwise without proof it becomes he said, they said).
  • Report chat messages - (like the above, if members could report comments live it would allow for better moderation and quicker action to be taken).
  • Disable sounds and notification alerts inside the chat room(s) individually.
  • Member statuses (Availible, Away, Busy) - (Useful to know if someone is absent, as it marks them and during a long conversation it allows people to notice easily).
  • Invite members (this would send a notification out asking a member to join x room).
  • Show who has seen each message (much like Facebook Messenger does).
  • -Ignore if it does- Does this block filtered bad words? If not, please support the default feature.

I think this application is wonderful, I almost considered buying an option mentioned earlier, however, I couldn't justify the price and I felt it wasn't quite right for what I needed. I can see this working well straight out of the box - yet I am seeing a lot of potential to improve it. Seriously, thank you for releasing and already taking on improving it by adding our suggestions. I hope it replaces the whole that IPS left when they disbanded their chat system as I feel this is perfect.

18 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

: I'm not kidding you when I say this, I became that impressed with your chat application that I went ahead and purchased it. Not only that, however, it made me want to upgrade to IPS 4.4 something hadn't wanted to do until I saw this.

Glad to have impressed you that much lol

I run a fan site for my local football team, the match chat used to be very popular, but CometChat lost their heads and became bloatedware. One thing, however, I liked, was the ability to send voice updates. I would give the thumbs up to this idea, especially if you added settings that would enable only certain members to use the function. I or someone trusted could then give updates on the game as it happens (like commentary). 😍😍

I will need to look into how it would work, but I will check it out

The ability to attach/upload images from a smartphone or tablet would be awesome, I often shared pictures throughout games similar to the above voice function. It's useful outside of that as not everyone these days has a desktop computer and otherwise they might not be able to share images.

It basically has the ability to use the attachments upload like you would if you wanted to upload a image from your phone to this topic, so I will look into sorting that out to be enabled in the app and have extra permissions in the chatrooms for who can add the attachments etc

A dedicated chat room moderator(s) - (Allow us to choose who mods the chat rooms and pin them to the top of the online list).

I could look into that yeah, I was thinking of extra moderators for the rooms where you don't have to give members mod permissions for the site, it could only be that chatroom

Chat room logs - (very useful to read through incase anyone does something they shouldn't, otherwise without proof it becomes he said, they said).

If you go to the users profile and see all activity then click the chatroom tab you can read all their sent messages, if the user don't have permission to view the chatroom they can't see them messages although admin can see them regardless

Disable sounds and notification alerts inside the chat room(s) individually.

Thats something else on my list

Invite members (this would send a notification out asking a member to join x room). 

Yeah thats something else I can look into

Show who has seen each message (much like Facebook Messenger does).

never seen their messenger but if it's one on one it is easy to do the seen bit, if there is 100's of users it won't be that easy

-Ignore if it does- Does this block filtered bad words? If not, please support the default feature.

Something I actually need to check if not I am sure I can make it work with the sites bad words

I think this application is wonderful, I almost considered buying an option mentioned earlier, however, I couldn't justify the price and I felt it wasn't quite right for what I needed. I can see this working well straight out of the box - yet I am seeing a lot of potential to improve it. Seriously, thank you for releasing and already taking on improving it by adding our suggestions. I hope it replaces the whole that IPS left when they disbanded their chat system as I feel this is perfect.

Cheers and I do normally make basic features in the first few versions of my apps until I get requests and ideas etc then I go from there with them, but nothing I make will ever be finished technically, I will always be looking to improve them all

Edited by TheJackal84
3 minutes ago, kmk said:

I have 1.0.2 installed, but why in my site don´t look good like your demo?

chatapp.png

I see the compact view option, but now see like below screen, I use ehren theme, is something here can fixed or have to ask to ehren? default theme no problem.

2046317016_chatapp(1).thumb.png.3e2628875d03ceabfe2a661399bb3d8b.png

6 hours ago, kmk said:

I have 1.0.2 installed, but why in my site don´t look good like your demo?

You need to change the setting of the chatroom to compact

6 hours ago, kmk said:

I see the compact view option, but now see like below screen, I use ehren theme, is something here can fixed or have to ask to ehren? default theme no problem.

Send me a pm with your website url and I can check it out ( make sure the chatroom is open to guests )

After installed upgraded to 1.0.2, 3 chatrooms that we created don´t show in the frontend. But appear in the backend, I check the permission and no problem, exactly like the new one, and the new one can be see in the frontend. 

Hello @TheJackal84

1. Can you add option of chatroom of clubs with restriction that let me choose which members can join to chatroom? 

In club case, I need a public chatroom for all club members, but others chatrooms only available for some specific members. 

2. Any way  I can set font size for each chatroom? I need one with big font size for easy watch through a permanent monitor. 

Updated to 1.0.3

New Features

Chatrooms

• Added a new setting allowing you to choose to display new messages at the top or bottom of the message list
  • Added a new permission allowing you to let members send private ( whisper ) messages
    • Members can select multiple members at the same time to show the messages to
    • The private message boxes will use a different background colour then the rest to tell them apart
    • Admins can view all private messages regardless

Bots

• Create unlimited bots to post messages when something happens on your site
  • Select a member to send the messages ( You could create a bot member via the ACP and use that )
  • Each bot can be set to post in different chatrooms
  • Applications supported for bot posting
    • Calendar
      • Create a message when a new event gets created
      • Create a message when someone comments on a event
      • Create a message when someone reviews a event
    • Downloads
      • Create a message when someone uploads a file
      • Create a message when someone comments on a file
      • Create a message when someone reviews a file
    • Forums
      • Create a message when someone posts a topic
      • Create a message when someone replies to a topic
    • Gallery
      • Create a message when someone uploads a image
      • Create a message when someone comments on a image
      • Create a message when someone reviews a image
    • Nexus
      • Create a message when someone reviews a product
    • Members
      • Create a message when someone registers on the site
  • Each application you pick you can select from a list of the categories / forums etc for when the bot should send a message, this can also be set to all categories / forums etc
  • If you don't have any of the apps installed above the settings will not show for you to enable them
  • If you delete a chatroom from the ACP any bots linked to that chatroom will also be deleted, this is to stop any errors that could be thrown if the chatroom don't longer exist and the bot does