upgrade to 4.4 stuck part way in

SJ77

I figured that part out.. and now this thing is STUCK again!!!

Table 'admin_mydb.convert_link_posts' doesn't exist
/home/admin/web/mysite.org/public_html/forum/applications/convert/setup/upg_101006/upgrade.php::61

ALTER TABLE convert_link_posts CHANGE foreign_id foreign_id VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
					ADD INDEX local_lookup(ipb_id,type,app),
					DROP INDEX foreign_id,
					ADD INDEX foreign_id (foreign_id(191)),
					DROP INDEX ipb_id,
					DROP INDEX `type`,
					ADD INDEX `type` (`type`),
					ADD INDEX app (app)

This is painful... I can't get past this part

It would appear you are missing the table? Could try creating it manually.

CREATE TABLE `convert_link_posts` (
  `link_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `ipb_id` bigint(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `foreign_id` varchar(255) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `type` varchar(32) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
  `duplicate` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  `app` int(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
  PRIMARY KEY (`link_id`),
  KEY `foreign_id` (`foreign_id`(191)),
  KEY `local_lookup` (`ipb_id`,`type`,`app`),
  KEY `type` (`type`),
  KEY `app` (`app`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci

4 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

They removed 4.3.6 !!! I can't even go back. This is HORRIFIC..  nightmare stuff. I am really starting to panic!!

Restoring from a backup would let you go back. Unless you only backed up your DB and not your files. 

3 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

Restoring from a backup would let you go back. Unless you only backed up your DB and not your files. 

I have many terabytes of files. It's not quite that easy for me. I have all of those but that is a LAST resort. it would take me ALL day to fix it that way

I restored the Database backup to start the upgrade process again. But IPS script will only let me resume the upgrade process and not start a new one. How can i start a new upgrade process?

Wow.  this is hands down the worst experience of any update so far. My site has been offline for over 2 hours now and I basically have no idea what to do.

Currently working to extract only the files I need to attempt going back to 4.3.6

4.4 is NOT ready in my opinion.   Really bad day here!

58 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Wow.  this is hands down the worst experience of any update so far. My site has been offline for over 2 hours now and I basically have no idea what to do.

I had a similar issue. I tried to restore my database but my site was broke and I couldn't log into admin cp. So I uploaded fresh 4.3.6 files as I always keep packages on my computer, but this still didn't work. I could only get it to work and redo the upgrade process when I uploaded my sites files from two weeks ago (luckily I made a backup of the files, I usually don't). So for some reason, going back to default 4.3.6 files didn't work, I ended up having to delete everything but uploads and reupload my sites backup files to get back into admin cp to rerun the upgrade from scratch

I feel your pain it is very stressful when things go wrong

Epic disaster!!

Problem, after repeated problem happened while trying to upgrade. Let me try to give a brief outline.

1. The install stalled out due to the strict mode bug. 
  2. Then it failed due to being unable to find a table. At this point it left me with no option to start over, no option to create the table etc, just endless loop of failing site offline stuck in mid upgrade.
  3. Fixed step 2 thanks to our hero of the story @RevengeFNF 
  4. restored DB from back up
  5. Started over but this time UNCHECKED the upgrade for the converter since the bug in step 2 seems to be due to the converter
  6. The install finished but the site wouldn't load at all.
  7. Manage to use some emergency configuration settings to turn off all the plugins etc.
  8. Got into the ACP and found several Applications that cause 4.4 to melt down to 500 server errors. disabled them all
  9. Support tool found a bunch of stuff in the table that needed updated.
  10. Even with ALL applications, plugins and themes turned off several things still did not work. including the activity feed. 500 server error.
  11. Screw it.. I have decided to reload all of my files from a back up. Currently 9000 files remaining. and DB already restored.
  12. Hopefully it works but as of now, site is STILL off line.
    1. I should mention that all the way through I was begging in support tickets for help but mostly was told "restore from back up" SMH

4.4 is an exciting upgrade but for me only IS AN EPIC disaster. ..sorry, IPS I love you guys but this has been a terrible day for me due to 4.4.

I am terrified of ever trying to upgrade to this. I hope a lot of these bugs get worked out long before I am forced to move up to this.

My fingers are crossed BIG time right now hoping that this restore from back up works.  I have been offline for hours. It's sad to think about all the sales I have lost, all the new members I have lost etc etc etc. This is not good for anyone.  

free funny kid GIF by The Videobook

6 hours ago, SJ77 said:

4.4 IS AN EPIC disaster

That’s not fair. It may be for you, which had problems. For the others 99,9% of users, don’t. I  upgraded 4 boards (mine and clients) with no problem, via phone (just changed the constant file) and all is working fine.

Why didn’t you submit an urgency ticket when the first problem happened? Sometimes it gets worse if you kee trying and trying... you will mess things. 

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s not fair. It may be for you, which had problems. For the others 99,9% of users, don’t. I  upgraded 4 boards (mine and clients) with no problem, via phone (just changed the constant file) and all is working fine.

Why didn’t you submit an urgency ticket when the first problem happened? Sometimes it gets worse if you kee trying and trying... you will mess things.  

It is not fair to have release, when there are unresolved bugs in beta tests.
I have a ticket for such a bug since February 1 - not yet resolved.

Just now, Adlago said:

It is not fair to have release, when there are unresolved bugs in beta tests.
I have a ticket for such a bug since February 1 - not yet resolved.

Does anyone forced you or SJ77 to upgrade? That’s a decision the end user will have to make. It doesn’t even appear in the auto upgrade. 

Don’t expect for for a 0 BUG app/software! There is no one out there!

4 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Does anyone forced you or SJ77 to upgrade? That’s a decision the end user will have to make. It doesn’t even appear in the auto upgrade. 

Don’t expect for for a 0 BUG app/software! There is no one out there! 

I have not upgraded a live site. This bug for which I write does not hinder upgrade - it is related to the storage setting and is still unsolvable by IPS.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Smart decision. If you doesn’t feel secure, don’t it. My post was to say that the whole release, which is one the biggest in a couple of years, is a disaster because he had issues. It isn’t! 

There is no controversy - yes, I see all the improvements in my test site and I appreciate the colossal work of the development team.
But the presence of unresolved bugs is more damaging to the image than it helps for the joy of such improvements ...

41 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Why didn’t you submit an urgency ticket when the first problem happened?

Since some weeks you can only choose between normal or low severity in a ticket. The other thing, he has chosen a bad time for upgrading when IPS staff is limited due to their working time. Best time for upgrading a forum is Monday  8.00 a.m.  https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa/lynchburg

Archived