4.3: new search box

Adriano Faria

7 minutes ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

I'm not sure what you mean? It's always been that way here - only now, we need to adjust our own site further to accommodate for the updated 4.3 search bar.

I’m not sure we’re talking about same thing.

4.2.8:

94DA0D25-FE7C-4BEC-AE7F-2FBFE69DC7F4.thumb.jpeg.a5499b2efd4004eb52ad77b5df3f88f6.jpeg

You can see the input to search. 

4.3 goes directly to advanced search form. 

But that’s not I’m requesting in first post: I’m asking to add an icon next to magnifying glass icon (probably the cog icon) to link to the advanced search form on desktop, not in mobile. 

5 hours ago, Lindy said:

I think we're confused as to why you're asking for that. Does clicking the magnifying glass not take you to the advanced form? It should and always has. It works for me, on desktop.

http://uploads.ipslink.com/lt/screencast_2018-03-06_21-12-34.mp4

Yes, right, but on 4.2, there was a drop down menu with a link to the advanced search.

On 4.3, the advanced search link has disappeared, and it's far from obvious that clicking on the search icon will bring you to the advanced search.

43 minutes ago, LaCollision said:

Yes, right, but on 4.2, there was a drop down menu with a link to the advanced search.

On 4.3, the advanced search link has disappeared, and it's far from obvious that clicking on the search icon will bring you to the advanced search.

^This. 

Archived