Track Members

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi @Adriano Faria ,

Whenever a group has access to track others, he can track himself, can see his own tracking logo, can change the settings or stop tracking, can see if he is been tracked. 

For example, you are an Admin, and you would like to track a member in a group who has access to the tool. The member simply can access his own tracking logs and change the settings even he can stop you from tracking him or any other groups who is tracking him without you are even notice. 

The app should have a new group setting to prevent all above from happening. 

2076841512_TrackMembersG.png.e9e326601038dca6c2f4885ed8fcc021.png

For example, adding another group selecting to do

• Stopping the group who has access to track himself. 
  • Not showing that he's been tracked. 
  • Not showing the tracking member settings in order to stop him from changing the settings or stop tracking. 

Hello,

1 hour ago, Afrodude said:

Whenever a group has access to track others, he can track himself, can see his own tracking logo, can change the settings or stop tracking, can see if he is been tracked. 

It’s a moderator permission that will allow to track and see the logs. If you don’t trust enough your moderators, you should consider swap them or to resolve your issue, remove permission to view logs. 

I’ll add, in a future version, a new moderator permission to allow stop tracking themselves and maybe changing settings but that’s all. Hide that you are being tracked for those can track is just a matter of trust in your moderators. If you don’t trust them, again, better change them.

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’ll add, in a future version, a new moderator permission to allow stop tracking themselves and maybe changing settings but that’s all. Hide that you are being tracked for those can track is just a matter of trust in your moderators. If you don’t trust them, again, better change them.

I do trust them, but you know I track new ones to see what they are doing in order just to follow up on them. They do have full access to the tool, so they can stop me from tracking them without even notice. What you suggested above is great, but what is best if you can a setting not allow the tracked member who has access to the tool from changing the setting on his account or even not seeing he is tracked maybe.

Other suggestions:

I have not updated to the new version because you removed it. 😞 

• Finally fix the responsive issue on the profile tab for smaller screens because it looks like this from the tablet or smaller laptop screen.

tablet.png.9e6e061b6706b83e54475dbd164c9f2a.png

laptop.png.e894f6e05bdb656396132851b9f803e2.png

You great work and time much appreciated, and you know that. 🙂 

Edited by Afrodude
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There are no issues, AFAIK. If you mean the cosmetic fix in the profile tab, sorry, I really don’t have time yet. Still missing some apps (and customs) to test and update to 4.7. If it is something that is crashing your board, then let me know. All the “tables” will have to be done again; they’re using <table> instead of ipsColumn so it will take time. 

The other stuff are suggestions. No ETA is the default answer. Always. 👍

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had this module for two years or so.  I upgraded my Invision forum and this module didn't port over because apparently it wasn't upgraded to support PHP8 if I understood the upgrade message correctly.

I tried contacting Adriano with a private message and got a repeated tongue lashing but no answer to my question on whether he was going to upgrade the module for the latest forum version (or if he had already).

So after all this the only thing I have learned about whether this module is or will be compatible with the current forum, is simply that the developer doesn't support his product in private messages.

So I've canceled my renewal of it.

Edited by NoobForumAdmin
1 minute ago, NoobForumAdmin said:

I've had this module for two years or so.  I upgraded my Invision forum and this module didn't port over because apparently it wasn't upgraded to support PHP8 if I understood the upgrade message correctly.

It is compatible... if you had any issue, it was enough to follow the terms you agreed and post in the forum, in first place, not send 4 messages.

2 minutes ago, NoobForumAdmin said:

So after all this the only thing I have learned about whether this module is or will be compatible with the current forum, is simply that the developer doesn't support his product in private messages.

Indeed. It is available in file view:

4: Support

• Support will be provided exclusively in the support topic. DO NOT send a private message for support. You may be ignored. All the history of support requests should be public just in case a refund for lack of support is requested.

3 minutes ago, NoobForumAdmin said:

So I've canceled my renewal of it.

Thank you for your purchase.

1 minute ago, Afrodude said:

@NoobForumAdmin I have been using this app on php 8.0 since 2021, and I have the app version 1.4 too not the newest one and every thing is working fine. 

Also, @Adriano Faria have been always helpful, and fix any bugs we have been reported. You can read all comments on this topic for example. 

That would have been a great response to have gotten when I messaged him.  Unfortunately I got an angry response to a simple question about whether it supported PHP8.

I'm sure it's frustrating for him to get customer support requests over and over and often with the same issue especially from users like myself who are not familiar with the process and website here.  I would have expected a bit more professionalism from him after having purchased and renewed his product, but as he took the time to copy and paste, he does not answer support requests in messages.  In this thread sure.  In a message, no.

I'm sure his product and customer support will work for others, in my case it didn't.  Cheers.

Just now, NoobForumAdmin said:

I'm sure it's frustrating for him to get customer support requests over and over and often with the same issue especially from users like myself who are not familiar with the process and website here.

First you sent a message from a user without a license. Then you used another account. And now a 3rd account. Beyond that, yes, I receive at least 3 dozens of message per week simply because people don't do what they agreed they would do. Maybe the ideal would be simply to disable my messenger. Thinking about that...

Anyway, thanks for your purchase.

2 minutes ago, NoobForumAdmin said:

That would have been a great response to have gotten when I messaged him.  Unfortunately I got an angry response to a simple question about whether it supported PHP8.

All the support and even before purchase questions are available on the support topic unless the author/developer says use the private message which in your case @Adriano Faria mentioned it clearly on this app that support is ONLY available on the support topic.

No need to get angry because all information are available on the download page if you just read and pay a little attention. After you do that if you've any concerns, then I would write the author about them.