Track Members

Here's another feature request –

We are learning from this extremely useful member tracking app that when spammers come onto the forum, they start off by making a huge number of visits/searches in a relatively short time.

It would be incredibly useful to get an alert about this. So if there was a possibility to send an alert by email in the event that there had been X number of log entries within X number of minutes in respect of a new member, this might help us grab spammers before they started to make posts.

It might even be possible to use the same setting to choose to put people automatically on moderation as well as sending an alert

I'm afraid there may be an issue. I'm not quite sure what it is.

However, if I spot somebody that needs tracking – or if I want to extend the existing tracking of a new member, then I click the "indefinitely" checkbox and then save it. When I open it up again, the checkbox is not ticked. I'm trying to work out whether it is just a cosmetic problem or in fact if the tracking is not working.

4 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

if I spot somebody that needs tracking – or if I want to extend the existing tracking of a new member, then I click the "indefinitely" checkbox and then save it. When I open it up again, the checkbox is not ticked. I'm trying to work out whether it is just a cosmetic problem or in fact if the tracking is not working.

That’s what I said here and that’s the reason I didn’t add ot from the beginning:

That’s how it is.

Hi, this "track members" facility is so incredibly useful, I don't know how we managed without it before and why it isn't a standard part of the Invision platform.

I know I've raised this before and you said that you could be in a future version – but here is a real plea for the following features.

Able to sort on each column – I refer to this earlier and here's a screenshot: –

On 2/12/2020 at 7:19 PM, BankFodder said:

Okay – here's another feature request.

Is it possible to get the column headings clickable so that the tracking details can present either in alphabetical order, or date order – blah blah depending on which column you click

image.thumb.png.7e2f4745036080699597689d59fc6244.png

At the moment it is only alphabetical – but it's generally speaking very useful to see who the latest people are or which group you are dealing with.

Thanks

Alerts configurable according to number of searches within N minutes or visits to user profiles or follows within N minutes.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:06 PM, BankFodder said:

Here's another feature request –

We are learning from this extremely useful member tracking app that when spammers come onto the forum, they start off by making a huge number of visits/searches in a relatively short time.

It would be incredibly useful to get an alert about this. So if there was a possibility to send an alert by email in the event that there had been X number of log entries within X number of minutes in respect of a new member, this might help us grab spammers before they started to make posts.

It might even be possible to use the same setting to choose to put people automatically on moderation as well as sending an alert

also, I haven't mentioned this before it would make things a little easier if there was a "change settings" column and a "stop tracking" column instead of having to click to select a drop-down menu and then make the selection.

Although the drop-down menu may not seem like much work, we tend to find that most of our spammers come in overnight and so in the morning it's always a bit of a job to find the new registrations and then to check them. If we were able to sort on latest registrations "joined" and they just go ahead and click to change settings where we were suspicious, this would make things much easier. Having to click a drop-down menu first all is a bit lumpy – but of course the most important thing is to be able to sort the list on particular columns.

I see that in your drop-down menu one can select "view log entries" but actually by clicking directly on the number of log entries against a username, one can get there directly so it's really not necessary to have it on the drop-down menu at all.
An alternative to having a separate column for "change settings" would simply to make the "tracked until" date clickable which would go directly to the change settings pop up. In other words this would work in exactly the same way as the clickable blog entries figure.
"Content count" could click directly to the content. In fact I think the only new column which would be needed would be "stop tracking" and then the drop-down menu could be gotten rid off altogether.
image.thumb.png.15349114811592ae1594ab364eabee97.png

I suppose this will take time and obviously I don't understand the complications of it – but please please please – to be able to sort on each column would be a fantastic start – please please please!

image.png

Edited by BankFodder
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m not sure that’s possible. It all goes to “profile update” method in MemberSynch extension, if I recall. Would need to make some tests. Will do (the tests) in a future version and id it goes well, which I double, I’ll add it.

Anyway, it would be something like “John Doe updated profile field location” and not “John Doe updated profile field location from X to Y”.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 1 month later...

Hello Adriano,

First of all, sorry, but i entered the problem in the marktetplace review. I thought it was the support. I removed it there.

The problem was when installing your addon, i got some errors, and after that the admin side was not responding.

Then only error i got was 

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I put the Theme database entries from yesterday back, and everything was ok.

But i want to use your program but how to act now??

Henk

Edited by Henk Bartels
addition
6 minutes ago, Henk Bartels said:

Hello Adriano,

First of all, sorry, but i entered the problem in the marktetplace review. I thought it was the support.

The problem was when installing your addon, i got some errors, and after that the admin side was not responding.

Then only error i got was 

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I put the Theme database entries from yesterday back, and everything was ok.

But i want to use your program but how to act now??

Henk

It was probably some cache issue.  This was installed, at least, 52 other times with no problem as you can see here in this topic.

Send a message with an ACP account and I’ll install it for you.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@Adriano Faria

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

This error was probably caused by application Track Members.
If the issue persists, disable it and contact the author for further assistance.

Error: Call to undefined function IPS\trackmembers\Member() (0)
#0 /forums/system/Content/Item.php(133): IPS\core\Warnings\trackmembers_hook_tmWarnSystemIntegration::createFromForm(Array, NULL)
#1 /forums/applications/core/modules/front/system/warnings.php(140): IPS\Content\_Item::create()
#2 /forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_warnings->warn()
#3 /forums/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /forums/applications/core/modules/front/system/warnings.php(42): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#5 /forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_warnings->execute()
#6 /forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

This is happened whenever I tried to warn a member from a reply he posted.