Track Members

• 4 weeks later...

Im using Track Members app from sometime and it's been working fine to track all new members indefinitely.

Recently after the new update of 4.4.9.2 its stopped tracking all new members. Is there any bug due to the new update or tracking all new members indefinitely has some limitation as we gets 10-20 new members daily?

Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Im using Track Members app from sometime and it's been working fine to track all new members indefinitely.

Recently after the new update of 4.4.9.2 its stopped tracking all new members. Is there any bug due to the new update or tracking all new members indefinitely has some limitation as we gets 10-20 new members daily?

Thanks in advance.

Working fine in 4.4.9.2:

Out of curiosity, as you track  indefinitely new members and has ~20 per day, how many records do you have in trackmembers_logs table?

Thanks @Adriano Faria for prompt response and video showing its working in the localhost.

In my live community its not working anymore. Please see latest few members who still have "Track member" button active on profile instead of "change settings" like before.

Just a thought that we recently switched on one click login with Google and Facebook, is this because of that option that members with external AUTH aren't being tracked.....?

image.thumb.png.bcc66861964d381d06ccf730c2c25fa8.png

image.thumb.png.c13117b6a38b9345cd686862fc376337.png

1 minute ago, Gauravk said:

Just a thought that we recently switched on one click login with Google and Facebook, is this because of that option that members with external AUTH aren't being tracked.....?

It shouldn't as it uses MemberSync and accounts created, including external, should use it. Try to make a local registration (via registration form) to see how it goes.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

It shouldn't as it uses MemberSync and accounts created, including external, should use it. Try to make a local registration (via registration form) to see how it goes.

Sure Im waiting for few new logins to establish this theory and will update you in few hours, as I have informed other admins to not to manually track members as they have been doing that since few days without telling me.

I was waiting for few new members to join with social AUTH and its been confirmed now that members signing with social AUTH aren't being tracked at all.

Members filling the standard IPB form is getting tracked automatically.

Please look in to this issue and help to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for prompt support. To be fair, I don't think anyone would mind to "track all" including not validated as anyways after 30 days those ID's will get prune per default setting.

Trade off isn't huge in my view, but I will leave more in your capable hands to consider and decide accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, could you remind me how to alter the tracking settings for an individual. We have new users who have attracted our interest because they may be spammers and so I want to change their particular settings so that they are tracked for a longer period.

I know the setting is there but I can't find any more.

Thanks

Thanks, – I have found out how to do it, but my version doesn't work like that. 1.24 updated today.

You have to go to the user profile – change settings – stop tracking – then you have to start it again – track member – and then you can set the amount of time or indefinitely.

You can't simply go to the settings window and change the amount of tracking time – although you can change all the other parameters on the fly.

image.png.7ed3e8b702197088e03d47b6fadb7376.png

image.thumb.png.bcaa3d24835ea008b63c350d32fdd6f0.png

7 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Thanks, – I have found out how to do it, but my version doesn't work like that. 1.24 updated today.

You have to go to the user profile – change settings – stop tracking – then you have to start it again – track member – and then you can set the amount of time or indefinitely.

You can't simply go to the settings window and change the amount of tracking time – although you can change all the other parameters on the fly.

Yes, that’s how it is as far as I remember.

I’ll take a look when I have to update it to fix a bug or add something. For now, one more click won’t do you no harm.

1 hour ago, BankFodder said:

There's a reason for this:

BZTxLm9.png

The "number of days" or "indefinitely" doesn't reflect the current state of the member. The yellow text does. So it may be missing 1 day to finish the tracking timeframe, but still it will show 30 there. That's because I don't store the number of days, obviously; I store the timestamp of the ending time. So I changed the field description to "days from now". Hopefully this won't let people crazy! 😄

Okay – here's another feature request.

Is it possible to get the column headings clickable so that the tracking details can present either in alphabetical order, or date order – blah blah depending on which column you click

image.thumb.png.7e2f4745036080699597689d59fc6244.png

At the moment it is only alphabetical – but it's generally speaking very useful to see who the latest people are or which group you are dealing with.

Thanks