Most Used Tags

I just realized that when I click a TAG under any of the app tabs, the search connected to it isn't specific to the app. For example clicking a tag under BLOGS should have blogs checked in the search and only return search results for the respective tag in blogs.

block should be checked.JPG

24 minutes ago, Heosforo said:

How can I show tags of all time?

Sorry, the widget would have to be made from the scratch and this is out of the scope for the support. 

5 minutes ago, superj707 said:

I just realized that when I click a TAG under any of the app tabs, the search connected to it isn't specific to the app. For example clicking a tag under BLOGS should have blogs checked in the search and only return search results for the respective tag in blogs.

block should be checked.JPG

The search is global and it’s made by the framework itself. I just provide a link. 

It’s exactly the same when you click on a tag on a topic. If someone used it in Downloads, it will show too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So the one feature I would really like for this is the ability to REMOVE a tag from all instances that it appears.  I have users tag posts with "the" or "two" or "bye" and which clearly aren't useful tags, so I want to be able to remove the dumb stuff.

I realize this is possibly an entirely different app, but it would be a useful one for those of us with boards founded back in the stone age to be able to clean house. 

On 5/4/2018 at 2:53 PM, CheersnGears said:

So the one feature I would really like for this is the ability to REMOVE a tag from all instances that it appears.  I have users tag posts with "the" or "two" or "bye" and which clearly aren't useful tags, so I want to be able to remove the dumb stuff.

I realize this is possibly an entirely different app, but it would be a useful one for those of us with boards founded back in the stone age to be able to clean house. 

Advanced Tags and Prefixes contains the ability to delete tags

• 8 months later...

It doesn’t show content. It show tags names. Anyway I’m not sure. Will have to take a look but I’m not able to reach my PC for one hour at least. 

-----------------------------------------------

EDIT: Just checked and no; It lists (count) tags from core_tags table, which doesn't has permissions. Permission is tied to the content itself and the same tag can be used in a container (forum or category) where John Doe has permissions as it can also be used in a container (forum or category) where it John Doe hasn't permission. So there's no way to do that. And when the user clicks in a tag, he goes to the search form where the permisison is checked by the core, so he won't see any non authorized content.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 11:32 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Ok.

thank you @Adriano Faria

One more idea I had, if it is please possible in your 4.5 release - can users be able to sort the most used tags table by tag, number of uses, or last time used? like they would click on the column name and then it would sort like that