Most Used Tags

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

This kind of table is used on ACP only. I’ll take a look but I don’t promise. 

Thank you! If doing like that is not normal for Invision, sorting through a drop down would be perfect as well. Just any way to sort each of the columns would make me happy!

Edited by AA15
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Adriano Faria I have one more request (this one may be a bug), number 3 below. I have also summarized my first two feature requests below after 4.5 is released.

1. Sort by (on-front-end by users)...
    • Tag name (A-Z)
    • Number of uses
  2. Option to remove prefix from table (in my use case they would all say 0, which looks odd)
  3. I only want to show "All Content" tab
    • In the admin panel, there is an option to "Display tags from apps". However, I can't deselect as i get the error "This field is required."

Thank you,
aa15

Edited by AA15
17 minutes ago, AA15 said:

Hi @Adriano Faria I have one more request (this one may be a bug), number 3 below. I have also summarized my first two feature requests below after 4.5 is released.

1. Sort by (on-front-end by users)...
    • Tag name (A-Z)
    • Number of uses
  2. Option to remove prefix from table (in my use case they would all say 0, which looks odd)
  3. I only want to show "All Content" tab
    • In the admin panel, there is an option to "Display tags from apps". However, I can't deselect as i get the error "This field is required."

Thank you,
aa15

3 is not a bug, that’s how it was designed. 

I won’t release nothing new before I release compatibility versions to all resources I have. So if this one doesn’t need an update, it’s ok. If it needs, it will be only a compatibility version. 

I have almost 150 resources to test and update so I can’t and won’t waste time with new features now. 

Thank you.

Edited by Adriano Faria
20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

3 is not a bug, that’s how it was designed. 

I won’t release nothing new before I release compatibility versions to all resources I have. So if this one doesn’t need an update, it’s ok. If it needs, it will be only a compatibility version. 

I have almost 150 resources to test and update so I can’t and won’t waste time with new features now. 

Thank you.

Hi @Adriano Faria

Understandable, thank you for informing me.

I did find two other issues, this time I think they are bug for sure. Please see as follows:

• On the "/mostusedtags" page - The breadcrumbs URL for the app say "/tags/%7B@tags%7D/?app=tags&module=tags&controller=index" rather than "/mostusedtags". Can you please tell me how I can update that?
  • For the widget - if I update the number to like "25" or "50"most tags, it only updates the number for the week. The month, year, and all-time still show 5.
Edited by AA15
2 minutes ago, AA15 said:

Hi @Adriano Faria

Understandable, thank you for informing me.

I did find two other issues, this time I think they are bug for sure. Please see as follows:

• On the "/mostusedtags" page - The breadcrumbs URL for the app say "/tags/%7B@tags%7D/?app=tags&module=tags&controller=index" rather than "/mostusedtags". Can you please tell me how I can update that?
  • For the widget - if I update the number to like "25" or "50"most tags, it only updates the number for the week. The month, year, and all-time still show 5.

Go posting it out. I'll check them in due time. 👍

Fixes will be in 4.5. Only new feature will be added later.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, AA15 said:

I only want to show "All Content" tab

Done.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, AA15 said:

Fixed.

On 7/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, AA15 said:

Sort by (on-front-end by users)...

• Tag name (A-Z)
  • Number of uses

I won't implement this for now; maybe later. I managed to make it work in the ALL CONTENT tab but not in the specific tabs, as it isn't a "table" object. So I don't agree to make it work only in a "piece" of the app. Someone will say "why it works only here and not there...".

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I won't implement this for now; maybe later. I managed to make it work in the ALL CONTENT tab but not in the specific tabs, as it isn't a "table" object. So I don't agree to make it work only in a "piece" of the app. Someone will say "why it works only here and not there...".

You're right, it's possible somebody could say that, so it is understandable, thank you for informing me!

For me, that "all content" only is perfect. If it's possible, can you please send me the code to make it work on "all content"? Like what file and code needs to be added/updated? I would just go and manually update after you make your 4.5 plugin live.

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not easy. It requires files and templates updates. Sorry.

Understandable. Thank you so much for taking the time to work on my request, I hope it is possible to implement then in the future. And thank you for the plugin overall, it is simple, but wonderful!

On 7/25/2020 at 4:09 PM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.0:

• IPS 4.5 compatible only!
  • Enhancement: Added ability to display only the ALL CONTENT tab
  • Fix: Module FURL
  • Fix: Number of records in the widget (month, year, and all-time tabs)

Thank you for this latest version! 

Is it possible to make this downloadable from the marketplace as a zip/tar/xml and install on my own rather from a than login from my ACP to install (I get the error There was an error authenticating with the Marketplace. Please try again later or contact technical support for assistance) or is this a limitation of Invision 4.5?

Edited by AA15
32 minutes ago, AA15 said:

Thank you for this latest version! 

Is it possible to make this downloadable from the marketplace as a zip/tar/xml and install on my own rather from a than login from my ACP to install (I get the error There was an error authenticating with the Marketplace. Please try again later or contact technical support for assistance) or is this a limitation of Invision 4.5?

It’s a IPS thing, sorry. You should report the error or submit a ticket. That’s the only way now via marketplace on ACP.

------------

@AA15, just sent the file via private message.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 6 months later...

I am very interested in this plugin but before I buy it I would like to know if the Tag entry seen in the main menu navigation can be placed in the secondary menu where unread content is or the steam. Can it be moved anywhere using the Menu tool in ACP?

I do not want Tags as a main entry in the menu navigation, but it would be great to have the option in the secondary menu of the activity menu entry.  

thanks

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It’s a widget and as such, they’re updated from time to time. You can control the time in your Admin CP. That’s a core setting, not from this plugin. 

Can’t see the attached image. 

Wrong post and topic, sorry

Edited by OptimusBain
Wrong post and topic, sorry
2 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Thanks a lot. I will take a look at that setting.

See the attached image again.. I can see it in the previous post, it's weird.

I can see that there is a different between the latest topics in your widget and the one used by default on the sidebar. See the screenshot attached. The Most used Tags plugin only shows two of the latest posts. The default last post sidebar widget shows all the latest correctly.

Is there something I am doing or understanding wrong?

image.thumb.png.fd7533bf5e13418f7209c70b0bb44358.png

Please, reply only once and in the right topic! That’s not the topic for this question!

• 1 year later...

Hi - great application. I have an issue which you may be able to help with. We have a site that currently uses thousands of tags (we are a genealogy site that tags all surnames used in posts). Before we release your application to our members we are deleting all "nonsense tags" that have come into the system over a number of years. However, when I delete all instances of a single tag across a number of posts - I see that the tag name still appears with a count in the most used tags page. When I click on that tag name in most used tags it comes back with not found. Is there some kind of caching at work that I can clear out?

Thank you - Mike.

Thanks for the reply. I just checked the background task schedule and the maximum wait for all tasks (except 1) is 1 day. I have had this problem for 48 hours now. Also, some of the tags vanish immediately in the Most Used Tags listing following deletion of all occurances - but a number at the beginning of the table do not vanish - even when all occurances of the tag are removed in the forum (e.g. if I remove 2 occurances of the tag, the listing still shows 2 tags as being present - but when I click through on those tags the related posts do not exist).

Attached are a screenshot of two of the tags that are inaccurate - and what happens when I click on the top tag:

Thanks - Mike.

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Plot

Could contain: Text, File

I understood what you said. No need to show screenshots.

If you can access your database via PHPMyAdmin in your host, then take a look in the core_tags table. That's the table my app uses. There's also the core_tags_cache, which stores the tags/prefix used in the items. Both tables are tied to each other: core_tags.tag_aai_lookup = core_tags_cache.tag_cache_key.

That's the query to get the counter:

$rows = array();
		foreach( \IPS\Db::i()->select( 'tag_text, count(tag_text) as cnt, SUM(tag_prefix) as prefixed, MAX(tag_added) as last',  'core_tags', array( 'tag_meta_app=?', \IPS\Request::i()->fromApp ), $order, null, 'tag_text' ) as $row )
		{
			$rows[] = $row;
		}

I don't use the cache anywhere, which means it is controlled by Core somehow.

EDIT: your image also shows it is still in use. Provide an ACP account and URL and I'll take a look directly in your database.

Edited by Adriano Faria