Custom Email Wrappers

This modification is useful if you need to send different email templates for different purposes. For example, you may wish for your forum notifications and digests to use a simple wrapper, while commerce payment notifications will include upgrade links and additional information related to purchases.

• Uses IPS template logic
  • All member properties are available to be used in the wrapper
  • Use different wrappers for different applications
  • Use different wrappers for individual email templates
  • Specify wrappers for bulk mail

50 minutes ago, PrettyPixels said:

This looks fantastic! :) Is it possible to make emails notifications from a specific forum display a bit differently using conditionals? For instance, we have an admin forum and I'd like the email updates sent from it to have a slightly different logo and coloring.

Not at the moment. I'm not sure there is a way to determine which forum is sending the notifications... but I'll look into it.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Tikkuy said:

I just downloaded this for the 'No Wrapper' feature, and it seems to not be working when I enter Member Filters and select that function for the e-mail I'm sending. Am I doing something wrong?

Did it correctly save the "No Wrapper" selection - when you go back into the member filters tab, does it still say "No Wrapper" or did the selection change?

If the selection is still there, can you paste a screenshot of the email you get?

Thanks.

22 hours ago, HeadStand said:

Did it correctly save the "No Wrapper" selection - when you go back into the member filters tab, does it still say "No Wrapper" or did the selection change?

If the selection is still there, can you paste a screenshot of the email you get?

Thanks.

Just checked and the No Wrapper selection is still there. 

Here's a screenshot of the e-mail:

5a269d0c4438e_ScreenShot2017-12-06at12_19_40AM.thumb.png.dc949c69e1215257b0cc84c648a2ed6d.png

Thanks for your help!

On 12/4/2017 at 4:42 AM, Tikkuy said:

I just downloaded this for the 'No Wrapper' feature, and it seems to not be working when I enter Member Filters and select that function for the e-mail I'm sending. Am I doing something wrong?

A new version has been uploaded to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Hey @HeadStand, this looks interesting.

What would an email look like using this red template, for example? 

I am confused what exactly this does. 😅

The red template in the example shown literally changes the wrapper red so whatever you write will have a red background.This app gives you control over which type of wrapper you send for specific tasks and gives a lot more choice than the out of the box solution.

Edited by Mark Round
1 minute ago, Mark Round said:

The red template in the example shown literally changes the wrapper red so whatever you write will have a red background.This app also gives you the option to create your own wrappers from what I can see.

Interesting. @Mark Round

I purchased the Email Drips application cause I want to fire off a series of how-to emails once someone registers, creates a club, buys a subscription etc. and would love them all to feel branded to my theme. Hence why I stumbled upon this thread 😅

Is it possible to change the background color inside the wrapper? Is there an easy-ish way to stylize these email templates? Including the validation/registration emails? I need to give the emails some major TLC 

Edited by Jordan Miller
On 5/4/2020 at 3:46 PM, breatheheavy said:

Interesting. @Mark Round

I purchased the Email Drips application cause I want to fire off a series of how-to emails once someone registers, creates a club, buys a subscription etc. and would love them all to feel branded to my theme. Hence why I stumbled upon this thread 😅

Is it possible to change the background color inside the wrapper? Is there an easy-ish way to stylize these email templates? Including the validation/registration emails? I need to give the emails some major TLC 

The wrappers are easily editable. All styling should be done as inline and/or with styles in the wrapper header. This is recommended practice because of the many many email clients that are out there and the fact that a lot of them don't support the same things. Inline styling is usually the safest bet.

This is a really good resource to use if you're building your own wrappers: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/

@Mark Round answered your questions perfectly. 🙂 

2 hours ago, HeadStand said:

The wrappers are easily editable. All styling should be done as inline and/or with styles in the wrapper header. This is recommended practice because of the many many email clients that are out there and the fact that a lot of them don't support the same things. Inline styling is usually the safest bet.

Hey there @HeadStand 👋 

Can you help me understand what it means when you say "All styling should be done as inline and/or with styles in the wrapper header."

Also please check this thread I created here - it would mean a lot. I am a little overwhelmed with where to start regarding these email templates! 

Just now, breatheheavy said:

Hey there @HeadStand 👋 

Can you help me understand what it means when you say "All styling should be done as inline and/or with styles in the wrapper header."

Also please check this thread I created here - it would mean a lot. I am a little overwhelmed with where to start regarding these email templates! 

Email templates are basically HTML pages. So inline styling would be something like this

<p style='color:blue;font-size:11px;'>some text goes here</p>

• 5 months later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:37 AM, HRN-Admin said:

Hi there, is there an update for IPS version 4.5.#? We would like to continue using this, however it is not compatible with the updated version of the forum. The current version we use is 1.0.2 .

Thanks

It's been submitted to the Marketplace and it's pending approval.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this plugin @HeadStand. I've bought it just to modify one Commerce template in order to add more payment info, and it works really well.

Just one question. I understand that IPS sends the emails in html and text only formats (for whoever doesn't have an html-enabled mail client). Is the text only version still sent even if we use a custom email wrapper for a template?

20 hours ago, PPlanet said:

Thanks for this plugin @HeadStand. I've bought it just to modify one Commerce template in order to add more payment info, and it works really well.

Just one question. I understand that IPS sends the emails in html and text only formats (for whoever doesn't have an html-enabled mail client). Is the text only version still sent even if we use a custom email wrapper for a template?

Yes, the text only version is still sent. The wrappers have no effect on that.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

So I previously asked about 4.6.x compatibility; this is a more important issue for me now because I have to disable this plugin as currently it directly conflicts with @rebraf's Email Drip Campaigns and breaks its ability to use the standard email wrapper.

Any information about an update would be appreciated!

Edited by LiquidFractal
On 5/3/2022 at 2:00 AM, LiquidFractal said:

So I previously asked about 4.6.x compatibility; this is a more important issue for me now because I have to disable this plugin as currently it directly conflicts with @rebraf's Email Drip Campaigns and breaks its ability to use the standard email wrapper.

Any information about an update would be appreciated!

This plugin is compatible as is with 4.6. I just double-checked everything.... no changes required whatsoever for compatibility. It's just not marked that way in the marketplace, which I'll fix. 

I don't have the Email Drip Campaigns app, and I'm not sure why it would break that piece? Without seeing the code I can't even make a guess. What errors do you get?