Custom Email Wrappers

On 5/4/2022 at 11:54 PM, HeadStand said:

This plugin is compatible as is with 4.6. I just double-checked everything.... no changes required whatsoever for compatibility. It's just not marked that way in the marketplace, which I'll fix. 

I don't have the Email Drip Campaigns app, and I'm not sure why it would break that piece? Without seeing the code I can't even make a guess. What errors do you get?

Thanks for replying HeadStand!  There are no "errors" as such: when CEW is enabled I can still use Email Drip Campaigns, and emails are still sent out when I start campaigns.  The issue is that while elements in the email (e.g. emojis, quotes, links, etc.) are fine, there's no email wrapper formatting whatsoever.

I did troubleshoot through every app and plugin on my site, and can say with certainty that I've narrowed it down to this conflict.  Everything reverts to normal when I disable CEW.

Edited by LiquidFractal

There was a change in the buildFromContent function parameters which we announced a while ago.
Weren't you getting a  Declaration of ... must be compatible with .. error?

public static function buildFromContent( $subject, $htmlContent='', $plaintextContent=NULL, $type = 'transactional', $useWrapper=TRUE, $emailKey=NULL, $trackingEnabled=TRUE )

vs

public static function buildFromContent( $subject, $htmlContent='', $plaintextContent=NULL, $type = NULL, $useWrapper=\IPS\Email::WRAPPER_USE, $emailKey=NULL, $trackingEnabled=TRUE )
On 5/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, Daniel F said:

There was a change in the buildFromContent function parameters which we announced a while ago.

Hey Daniel...actually, no.  In fact, I hadn't had time to explore Custom Email Wrappers until just now (because of this conflict).  But I just now finished creating a sample template (the same as @HeadStand's in her PDF), and it worked just fine.  So, no errors at all...just the conflict.  And just FYI, I'm on IPB 4.6.12.1.

Edited by LiquidFractal
On 5/6/2022 at 3:43 AM, Daniel F said:

public static function buildFromContent( $subject, $htmlContent='', $plaintextContent=NULL, $type = 'transactional', $useWrapper=TRUE, $emailKey=NULL, $trackingEnabled=TRUE )

vs

public static function buildFromContent( $subject, $htmlContent='', $plaintextContent=NULL, $type = NULL, $useWrapper=\IPS\Email::WRAPPER_USE, $emailKey=NULL, $trackingEnabled=TRUE )

That's definitely fine... I did double-check all my method signatures in my hooks. Everything looks fine on my end....

On 5/7/2022 at 10:06 PM, LiquidFractal said:

Hey Daniel...actually, no.  In fact, I hadn't had time to explore Custom Email Wrappers until just now (because of this conflict).  But I just now finished creating a sample template (the same as @HeadStand's in her PDF), and it worked just fine.  So, no errors at all...just the conflict.  And just FYI, I'm on IPB 4.6.12.1.

I'll reach out to @rebraf and ask for a copy of his app so that I can try to troubleshoot. Most likely it's not an issue with either app, but we may be sort of bumping into each other.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...