Notices - Supporttopic

Update on Notices

The newest version of Notices allows your sticky notes to become even stickier with a new feature: fixed position!

Fixed Position

Notices located in the top or bottom corners will become hidden and passed by if users scroll up or down.  This is often the case for mobile and tablet use where screen size is  limited, and users might pass over important notices when scrolling away.  Thus, we wanted to build a new feature to allow notices to stay in a floating spot in your viewport, which guarantees the attention of users.  This new feature is called Fixed Position.

Fixed Position allows your notice to stay in the same spot, regardless if the user scrolls up or down.  Users can still dismiss the notice, but until they do, the notice will always stay in the same fixed position.  This is perfect for must-see notices or if your community receives a lot of mobile traffic.  

81c898a6e7ba1de961bb438aed171ae7.gif&key

Edited by Fosters
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought this app, which looks great!  I intend to use this with Sticky Notes, as they have a different look and can be used for external/internal reasons. :)

One issue: I set up a test note to display only in Gallery (which I call Media Gallery), with a fixed position at the top right.  It comes up fine when I load up Gallery (and it can be dragged around the screen, which I think is a great ability!).  However, it also appears as a bar at the bottom of the screen as per the screenshot:

mediagallery.thumb.jpg.576d84ff3e3bcbf47779ce8fc0b314aa.jpg

If this helps troubleshooting, I can click to dismiss the bottom bar separately - that is, it disappears but the original (and intended) draggable notice does not.

Note: this only seems to happen when I configure a notice to show from the top right - all the other options seem to display correctly.

I also notice that the colour choices for a given notice sometimes do not hold when using a non-default theme.  I'm using a couple of @ehren. (IPS Focus)'s themes and the notices sometimes come up as charcoal grey.  Not sure if anything can be done about this, or which side (programmer or themer) this may fall upon.

Edited by liquidfractal
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mike Gholson said:

I just purchased and installed as an application.  Seems like a great idea.  I created a welcome banner just to test it.  I created one and set it to display for any member more than 1 day old.  I then enabled the banner and my site gives an Error 500 message.  Is there something I missed?

Do you see any errors in the ACP System Log?

Hi,

Seem this takes the whole site down if you try to only show members who have previously purchased a membership

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\nexus\extensions\core\MemberFilter\Purchases::matches() in /var/www/sites/www.site.net/html/uk/applications/notices/sources/Notice/Notice.php on line 554

22 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Seem this takes the whole site down if you try to only show members who have previously purchased a membership

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPS\nexus\extensions\core\MemberFilter\Purchases::matches() in /var/www/sites/www.site.net/html/uk/applications/notices/sources/Notice/Notice.php on line 554

Is your nexus/commerce installation up2date?

I love the app, but has anyone else had an issue using Notices on a site's mobile view?

I put a small Notice on my site, and while it works fine on a desktop view when I visit my site on mobile the Notice comes up, but it's like impossible to dismiss, however many times I tap the X.  I think it happened maybe once or twice (and with Opera!), but most of the time I can't get rid of it.

19 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

I love the app, but has anyone else had an issue using Notices on a site's mobile view?

I put a small Notice on my site, and while it works fine on a desktop view when I visit my site on mobile the Notice comes up, but it's like impossible to dismiss, however many times I tap the X.  I think it happened maybe once or twice (and with Opera!), but most of the time I can't get rid of it.

Could I please get access to your installation to take a look at this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2017 at 6:32 PM, Fosters said:

Not sure if I need it, but yea, please send me a PM with everything, better to have it now before we ping-pong with replies:D

Sorry @Fosters - did I send you this information?  Can't remember if I did and deleted it or if I forgot. :unsure:

BTW, another thing I noticed: when I set a notice's expiry date range, e.g., from December 7 to January 15, when I save the settings the end date is always increased by one.  That is, when I save the end date as January 15, when I re-view the settings the end date is always January 16, or always one day more than whatever I set the end date to.  In fact, the end date increases by 1 every time you click Save or Save and Reload!

Please let me know if you want admin login info to check out this or the issue with dismissing notices.

Edited by liquidfractal
On 7.12.2017 at 6:50 AM, liquidfractal said:

Sorry @Fosters - did I send you this information?  Can't remember if I did and deleted it or if I forgot. :unsure:

BTW, another thing I noticed: when I set a notice's expiry date range, e.g., from December 7 to January 15, when I save the settings the end date is always increased by one.  That is, when I save the end date as January 15, when I re-view the settings the end date is always January 16, or always one day more than whatever I set the end date to.  In fact, the end date increase by 1 every time you click Save or Save and Reload!

Please let me knowif you want admin login info to check out this or the issue with dismissing notices.

Doesn#t seem so. Please start a new one:)