Notices - Supporttopic

On 5.9.2017 at 11:04 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi

Thanks, however notices still appearing on android mobile phone even though they are set to be hidden in the HIDE section

Thanks, this was indeed a bug.

A new version was released today.

Fixed Bugs:

• Display Criteria wasn't working

New Features:

• Added a new Date Criteria which allows you to show a notice on specific dates

1 hour ago, optrexnz said:

Is there a filter on this to display within the conversations/messages area?

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.  The current 'location' filters at the application-level, such as Forums, Gallery, Files, or Commerce.  What you suggested is currently not available, but it's a great idea to consider.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2017 at 8:58 PM, Unlucky said:

just installed new version and cookies not working anymore

every time i close a notice and revisit the page the notice is re-appearing

I am getting an identical issue. Logged in as admin. 

Also I don't seem to be able to get "below nav bar" notices to display 

59d4562105be2_NoticesMarketplaceImage.jpg.207505566c407d4d0b84b46c152a7d54.jpg

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the newest version of Notices v1.0.11, available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for download.  The newest version of Notices allows your sticky notes to become even stickier with a new feature: fixed position!

Fixed Position

Notices located in the top or bottom corners will become hidden if users scroll up or down.  This is often the case for mobile and tablet use where screen size is  limited, and users pass over important notices when scrolling away.  Thus, we wanted to build a new feature to allow notices to stay in a floating spot in your viewport, which guarantees the attention of users.  This new feature is called Fixed Position.

Fixed Position allows your notice to stay in the same spot, regardless if the user scrolls up or down.  Users can still dismiss the notice, but until they do, the notice will always stay in the same location.  This is perfect for must-see notices or if your community receives a lot of mobile traffic.  

59d4567b14508_1FixedPositionfrontend.thumb.gif.daaa66e721371690dd8e65a8f4637dd8.gif

Notice how the orange and blue notices stay in the same fixed position.  Live example on our website Fosters.Tech!

59d4567c84fe2_2FixedPositionsettings.thumb.JPG.fecb3d7bba72c05e4b78df13b301d7ae.JPG

New setting for Fixed Position when creating a notice.

Edited by Fosters

Just tried to update an existing notice and got this error

UPDATE `notices_notice` notices_notice  SET `date_criteria`='{"start":false,"end":false}' WHERE id=4
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'date_criteria' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 path/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 path/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`notices_notice...', '`date_criteria`...', 'WHERE id=?')
#2 path/system/Node/Model.php(2252): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 path/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(217): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#5 pathl/applications/notices/sources/Notice/Notice.php(377): IPS\Node\advancedtagsprefixes_hook_nodeModel->save()
#6 path/applications/notices/sources/Notice/Notice.php(347): IPS\notices\_Notice->save()
#7pathl/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\notices\_Notice->formatFormValues(Array)
#8 pathl/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#9 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10pathml/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(29): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#11 path/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\hook26->execute()
#12 path/applications/notices/modules/admin/notices/Notice.php(41): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#13 path/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\notices\modules\admin\notices\_Notice->execute()
#14 /path/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

infact i get an error when trying to add a new notice as well

6 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Just tried to update an existing notice and got this error

UPDATE `notices_notice` notices_notice  SET `date_criteria`='{"start":false,"end":false}' WHERE id=4
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'date_criteria' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 path/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 path/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`notices_notice...', '`date_criteria`...', 'WHERE id=?')
#2 path/system/Node/Model.php(2252): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 path/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(217): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#5 pathl/applications/notices/sources/Notice/Notice.php(377): IPS\Node\advancedtagsprefixes_hook_nodeModel->save()
#6 path/applications/notices/sources/Notice/Notice.php(347): IPS\notices\_Notice->save()
#7pathl/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\notices\_Notice->formatFormValues(Array)
#8 pathl/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#9 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10pathml/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(29): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#11 path/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\hook26->execute()
#12 path/applications/notices/modules/admin/notices/Notice.php(41): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#13 path/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\notices\modules\admin\notices\_Notice->execute()
#14 /path/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

infact i get an error when trying to add a new notice as well

Could you please take a look if a column called "date_criteria" is present in your notices database table? If not, run the support tools, they should report that your database schema is broken and a link to resolve them

On 3.10.2017 at 10:00 PM, optrexnz said:

I can't get fixed position to hold on desktop or mobile.

Works fine for me with default theme and also 3rd party themes.Is it happening in all browsers? Could I get please a PM with the url to a site where I can see this?