Advanced Custom Widgets [ Support topic ]

8 hours ago, Cyrem said:

Considering the use case of a embedding a chat widget, will the floating widgets remain open if I change pages (through use of a cookie)? or will I need to re-open the widget?

the widget is simply opens and closses on click or refreshing the psge, however, i can add an option to optionally keep it open unless user wants to close it :) maybe in next update 

23 hours ago, TAMAN said:

the widget is simply opens and closses on click or refreshing the psge, however, i can add an option to optionally keep it open unless user wants to close it :) maybe in next update 

That would be great, I think it would be annoying if you had to open every time in certain use cases, such as mine.

18 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

You're right,

good idea :) 

Sorry, I re-read your reply earlier and just wanted to clarify so that we're on the same page, do you mean adding an option to keep it permanently open unless closed? While that is a useful option, not entirely what I meant.

What I meant was, through use of a cookie, to save the open/close state of a widget. So when a page loads, if the last saved state was open it'll automatically re-open, if it was closed, it will stay closed.

Basically, I would like my site chat widget to be closed on first visit, but if members open it, I would like to to remain open as they browse the forums unless they explicitly close it again.

Hope I made sense :)

Edited by Cyrem
Just now, Cyrem said:

Sorry, I re-read your reply earlier and just wanted to clarify so that we're on the same page, do you mean adding an option to keep it permanently open unless closed? While that is a useful option, not entirely what I meant.

What I meant was, through use of a cookie, to save the open/close state of a widget. So when a page loads, if the last saved state was open it'll automatically re-open, if it was closed, it will stay closed.

Basically, I would like my site chat widget to be closed on first visit, but if members open it, I would like to to remain open as they browse the forums unless they explicitly close it again.

Hope I made sense :)

Yes, and I will use browser cookies to save the changes :)

Edited by TAMAN
Just now, dokdok said:

Hi, I really like this plugin but I can not get it running ...

I see the button but then click on it does not open any widgets

Am I wrong in configuration?  :(

I use IPS 4.1.19.4 .... is only compatible with 4.2?

Hello,

No it should work fine on ips 4.1 and 4.2 

anyways the problem is your theme probably loading the JavaScript in header 

anyways Edit your theme and go to Custom tab then set this setting

5db7e925b166bc3c1e79a7f4a1360a12.png

I will fix it in next version so it does not depend on this setting :) 

let me know if that fixes the issue 

Edited by TAMAN
1 minute ago, dokdok said:

I apologize for my bad English ...
I mean ... there may be a possibility to set up directly in the settings, which pages, forums, the widget can be viewed without having to add it to each single page?

No that is not possible, you need to manually add it to pages you want :) 

4 minutes ago, jcdesign said:

Is this 4.2 ready? I have to remove It because It messed up my sidebar, and when trying to remove the widget, It not disappear.

Yes, It should be fine on ips 4.2 any link to check? or a screenshot, what is messed up exactly?

One question: 

Would you be able to prepare widgets by only activating them when they serve?
For example, create a specific widget for a category of members to use only on some occasions and not always fixed. It would be convenient to enable / disable it whenever you want, without having to create it again each time