Custom Username Icon

About This File

This plugin will allow users to choose one among 634 font awesome icons to be displayed before their link across the suite. Icon will be displayed only before the user link.

Setting:

• Groups allowed to choose an icon

Compatibility:

Made by requests.

Great plugin! Some issues though.

1. When plugin is enabled, Google Fonts don't work.

2. Not working in 4.1.12.1. The plugin installs fine and the font awesome icons are listed in the settings. But when an icon is selected it doesn't display anywhere nor does the settings icon appear (below should have the icon left of "user icon".

2017-02-10_053807.jpg.48db7cb5460cb0eea225af7cedf2b2bf.jpg

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

1. Google fonts? I have no idea what you're talking about  

A library of custom fonts. At the top of the CSS you add something like: "@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto');" and then to use it you do: font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Caveat+Brush?selection.family=Roboto

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

1. I don't have 4.1.12.1. All resources are made and tested only in latest versions. If you still use this, you better update.

Yes, I should and I am. It will take a while to do though.

Are you using default theme? If not, make a test on it to discard some issue on a 3rd-party theme. Also, are you using any other plugin that extends user link or do something related to user templates? Make a quick test: click to disable ALL PLUGINS and enable only this one and test it.

Sens a PM with ACP credentials so I can make my tests.

Sorry, can't imagine how this is incompatible with something like that. This plugin doesn't CSS or has a template to make it not work. It simply adds the icon on a existing template. 

I will research. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One suggestion from me :)

It will be great if there is some way to search the title of the icon. Simplest way will be to include the name of the icon in the list, then with browser search I can locate the icon that I found on the font awesome website. But right now, I want to select an airplane, but I have troubles finding the icon in the list :)

22 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The problem is that I don't use icon name anywhere and to make a search it would have to be in a table. They're created directly on hook file. 

I was thinking something like this:

chrome_2017-07-23_19-43-07.png

This way I can find that I want this icon on the font awesome website, then I will simply use browser search (ctrl+f) to locate it in your list. I thought it might be easier to make it this way then creating a dedicated table with search function, etc. 

• 1 year later...