Custom Username Icon

5 minutes ago, Petra Jane said:

Hi Adriano, got the new version through, but when I try to install new version, I get an error message: Something went wrong, please try again. And refreshing the page to try again, I still end up with the same error message.

Any ideas please?

This is a marketplace error message, not from the resource. I would submit a ticket to IPS. 

Just to update thngs, the reason I was unable to update the custom Icon was because originally, this plugin was bought by the previous site owner, under their Invision license key. When I took over the site and forums, I purchased a new license and this meant that we were unable to access the previous plugin and update it, even though it was listed in our ACP.

A quick discussion with Stuart at Invision explained this and simply buying the plugin/app anew under the correct license key solved the issue.

Many thanks to Stuart and @Adriano Faria

• 2 months later...

Adding 'parse' => 'html' has solved the issue

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Radio( 'cui_icon', \IPS\customusericon\Member::loggedIn()->cui_icon ? \IPS\customusericon\Member::loggedIn()->cui_icon : 0, FALSE, array( 'options' => $icons, 'parse' => 'html' ) ) );

Can you please update the app? Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Sonya* said:

Adding 'parse' => 'html' has solved the issue

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Radio( 'cui_icon', \IPS\customusericon\Member::loggedIn()->cui_icon ? \IPS\customusericon\Member::loggedIn()->cui_icon : 0, FALSE, array( 'options' => $icons, 'parse' => 'html' ) ) );

Can you please update the app? Thank you!

This was taken on a 4.5 last September:

It shows ok to me, installed directly from marketplace. 

i’ll take a look. Probably something has changed. 👍

• 10 months later...

Hello,

Do you have any plans for integrating this plugin to work with the Chatbox addon? I believe a lot of people would benefit from such integration, as the chatbox addon is quite popular, often a standard addition to most communities. So far it doesn't show the username icon there.

Also, since the Shop addon is made by you as well, would you perhaps be willing to integrate it there as well? So that we can add an item in the Members Shop plugin which would enable the buyer to set the custom username icon for himself once, or more times, depending on how you'd be willing to implement that functionality.

It's nice that it displays the icon in the user's profile next to their name, but it doesn't show the icon in the main activity feed in the centre. Without it being displayed here it looks a bit inconsistent.

Other than that, very good job, works flawlessly and it's very easy to use and is definitely worth the money.

Best regards,
adik

1 minute ago, adik said:

Do you have any plans for integrating this plugin to work with the Chatbox addon?

If the chatbox uses the userLink tempalte, it will show. Otherwise, no. No plan if it doesn't use the right template.

2 minutes ago, adik said:

since the Shop addon is made by you as well, would you perhaps be willing to integrate it there as well

Not developed by me. I support it today. Reason must be the same above.

3 minutes ago, adik said:

It's nice that it displays the icon in the user's profile next to their name, but it doesn't show the icon in the main activity feed in the centre. Without it being displayed here it looks a bit inconsistent.

The same reason above: user link ther is added via language bit, not via template, so it won't show.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, adik said:

@Adriano Faria sorry, imprecisely explained. A user from a group without permissions can set the icon for himself by going directly to the link to change the icon

Oh ok, confirmed. Although the user has access and set an icon, it won't display anywhere.

Anyway, I'll fix it and will update the marketplace submission. Let me know if you have FTP access to your server; I'll send a quick fix.