This resource will display the country flag of user in several places of the entire suite, including third-party resources. Clicking on the flag will give you a list of all users from that country.
APIs to grab IP addresses:
- IPS Geolocation (requires an active license)
- GeoPlugin API (free API)
- New members: new members will have their country detected when they register the account
- Existing members: Country will be recognized when member is online or if allowed by the admin, go to Account Settings and pick your country.
- Admin CP tool: you can run this tool to grab country from all existing members based on their registration IP address.
Display country flag everywhere: will display the country flag in several places from official apps like on Forums, Gallery, Blogs, Pages, Gallery, Downloads, including its widgets and third-party resources. If disabled, will display the country name + flag only on user profile.
- If you disable this option, a new setting will show up so you can choose specific applications where to show the flags.
- Groups allowed to change the country: users from selected groups will be able to change their country on Account Settings. Sometimes Geolocation picks an wrong country, so the user will be able to fix it.
- Compatible with Community Map., by @Martin A.
Edited by Adriano Faria
What's New in Version 1.4.0 See changelog
Add a new setting to admin choose the API to grab country from users IP address
- GeoPlugin API
- IPS Geolocation
- Admin CP -> Members -> Members Country -> Settings
Upgrade from (any) plugin version
- Just install this application and it will port your data (members' preferences and plug-in settings) to the new format and the old plug-in will be automatically uninstalled from your community.