Application Forms - Supporttopic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this isn't the right spot for a feature request, it's just more convenient at the moment.

This would be very useful feature for others:

Could you add a text area in the ACP that is added to the bottom application when it is submitted? We use a checklist of items the applicant needs to fulfill and this needs to be added by hand each time. Setting it once in the ACP that then gets automatically added to the bottom would be appreciated.

To further describe it: The application form when completed is posted to a members only area where members discuss said applicant. A check list is added by a moderator, for example; "Have they posted 30 posts?" then a moderator will edit it to "yes" when they have in the future. 

Thanks again! Great add-on!

On 6/2/2017 at 0:22 PM, MasterShrive said:

Sorry if this isn't the right spot for a feature request, it's just more convenient at the moment.

This would be very useful feature for others:

Could you add a text area in the ACP that is added to the bottom application when it is submitted? We use a checklist of items the applicant needs to fulfill and this needs to be added by hand each time. Setting it once in the ACP that then gets automatically added to the bottom would be appreciated.

To further describe it: The application form when completed is posted to a members only area where members discuss said applicant. A check list is added by a moderator, for example; "Have they posted 30 posts?" then a moderator will edit it to "yes" when they have in the future. 

Thanks again! Great add-on!

On 6/2/2017 at 0:35 PM, fosters said:

I'll consider it for the next release 

I think the proper way to do this is to add permissions on the fields and workflow on checklist, which will be fairly large changes.  For example:

1. Fields 1, 2, 3 ... 9 are fulfilled by the member.  Member submits application form.  Application form is held in 'pending' 
  2. Moderator is notified of application form.  Moderator fulfills Field 10, which is only available for Moderators to view / edit.
  3. Application form is finally posted to topic.  
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4.6.2017 at 10:55 PM, Joel R said:

I think the proper way to do this is to add permissions on the fields and workflow on checklist, which will be fairly large changes.  For example:

1. Fields 1, 2, 3 ... 9 are fulfilled by the member.  Member submits application form.  Application form is held in 'pending' 
  2. Moderator is notified of application form.  Moderator fulfills Field 10, which is only available for Moderators to view / edit.
  3. Application form is finally posted to topic.  

ATM the problem here is, that I'm not saving the form data anywhere.
The admin creates an application form with all the necessary fields, the member submits the form and the data are only posted to a topic, the system doesn't know anything about the data the user has submitted and there's also no page in the ACP or frontend where all the filled data can be seen.

Quick poll:D @here How many people would be interested into such a workflow? I could consider this for a future version if enough people would be interested :)

Edited by fosters

I like the app and team...apps that change to the needs of the clients = Wonderful!!!

Now I havent read all posts so my apologizes.

Here are my suggestions:

1.  Email and edit function seem buggy - I get other members and seems random

2.  Need the option to delete the apps from the viewer in ACP.

3.  Approve application from forum post or other front end function.

4.  Have the option for other groups to be able to approve application via forum post or other front end function.

I love the app so far and it can be improved.  On my site the background and front color makes it hard to read, option or light or Dark background with opposing font colors would help clients that don't have the perfect theme.

I will be on the edge of my seat for future updates, the suggestions and other member manage apps make admin of a gaming community easier (we like to game sometimes too)

RottenX

Edited by RottenX
20 minutes ago, Rory Kerr said:

Seem to be having issues, i can find the page on the forum but not the settings on the ACP. Have tried reinstalling but still doesn't appear, what am i missing?

Cheers in advance :)

Hello and thx for the purchase.

Once you installed it, it should appear in the ACP => Community area.
Then, once you created a form, you'll need to add the navbar tab via ACP => System => Menu Manager.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance :)

Edited by fosters
3 hours ago, Rory Kerr said:

Hi fosters,

I have installed it (https://gyazo.com/dfa4e123e894f94b50f46f194bc635c0)

Yet this is all that is in my ACP (https://gyazo.com/d23d991343938371d919315961b3e482)

Any ideas?

You *should* see a new "Application Forms" in ACP > Community.  It'll be listed last on the page after your existing apps like Forum, Gallery, Blogs, Downloads. 

If you are still having difficulty, you can send a private PM to @fosters with AdminCP login for him to troubleshoot. 

On 18.6.2017 at 3:13 PM, RottenX said:

Email and edit function seem buggy - I get other members and seems random

Do you mean this link? If yes, I can't reproduce this.

link.thumb.png.ec87429978e607edc3e2823c51a33789.png

Need the option to delete the apps from the viewer in ACP.

3.  Approve application from forum post or other front end function.

4.  Have the option for other groups to be able to approve application via forum post or other front end function.

Both suggestions make sense. I've posted this to my suggestion tracker to keep them in mind for the next feature release.

• 4 weeks later...

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the latest version of Application Forms v1.2.1 available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for purchase!  The updated version is 4.2 compatible, which means it's ready to be installed on all 4.2.x installations and betas.  

Buy now or upgrade your existing copy:

Menu

The Menu Manager now features a direct link to a form, not just the application.  This allows you to directly link to one or multiple forms from the menu, creating a faster way for users to submit.  

About

Application Forms opens up a world of possibility for you and your community by designing, curating, and managing custom application forms.  Application forms can be designed from scratch with an infinite number of custom field types in over 20 different types, enabling you to fill any need you or your community might have.  Let your community submit their application for your position, proposal, project, or idea!

Edited by Fosters
10 hours ago, modman said:

Hello, i want to buy this plugin.

Its possible with this plugin to create custom fields when users creating a support request?

Thanks

Yes, we utilize native IPS functionality so you can design forms with all custom fields:

• Address
  • Checkbox
  • Code
  • Color
  • Date
  • Editor
  • Email Address
  • Number
  • Password
  • Poll
  • Radio
  • Rating
  • Select Box
  • Telephone Number
  • Text
  • Text Area
  • Upload
  • URL

You can use as many or as few fields as you want when creating your form.  

New screenshots have been uploaded to the IPS Marketplace, so you can better understand the changes and improvements in the latest version (which is 4.2 compatible).  Thank you for making Application Forms one of the most popular apps in the Marketplace and trusting us with your development needs.  

Here's a screenshot of a sample Form submission:

5976a2ca0a574_3BFormSubmission.thumb.png.49837b1cdddcbc681b9fee19ed082254.png

1 hour ago, modman said:

I bought it by i cannot download from marketplace, i receive error: File not found!

Thanks

Strange. I had the same error. It was working yesterday and now it just disappeared :( 

I have reuploaded the file, please try it again.

I've 2 fields as Select box.

Can I filter the elements of the second selectbox according to the selection of the first select box?

Example:

Listbox field 1:

- ALFA ROMEO

- AUDI

- OPEL

Listbox field 2:

(If selected ALFAROMEO):

- - GIULIA

- - MITO

(If selected AUDI):

- - A3

- - A4

(If selected OPEL):

- - ZAFIRA

- - MERIVA

I'm crazy to do this with Ip.Board, I've tried all the plugins, but I can not create them in boxes with the fields.

Please help me, thank you.

26 minutes ago, modman said:

I've 2 fields as Select box.

Can I filter the elements of the second selectbox according to the selection of the first select box?

Hi,
no unfortunately that's not possible yet. But This is an amazing idea, I'll see if I can integrate this into this app.

Edited by Fosters