Application Forms - Supporttopic

4 hours ago, ZatroX said:

Error: Cannot use object of type IPS\applicationform\Position\Data as array (0)
#0 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\applicationform\modules\admin\forms\_position->approve()
#1 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/applications/applicationform/modules/admin/forms/position.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\applicationform\modules\admin\forms\_position->execute()
#4 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

I get the following error when i try to approve a application... I'm running 2.0.1

Please Upgrade to the recent release

Edited by Fosters
5 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

I have added field type say checkbox

where is the option to give values

I want to give them option  - select from the list of states  only one state 

You have to use the options field

The show details feature was removed from the acp, everything is managed now from the ModCP in the frontend. I have removed the button for the next release.

3 hours ago, Saurabh Jain said:

when i click on message in sj it goes to mg    when I msg to use mg it is composing to admin

Thanks, I can confirm this https://fosters.tech/projects/item/522-wrong-link-from-acp-to-message-member/ 

I'll release tonight a bugfix release.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-14 um 09.51.41.png

34 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

If a member has filled the form and I want him that he can again apply... is their a way to do the same from backend

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean if there's a way to apply again if the "Allow your members to apply only once" is set?

A suggestion to add a "Deny" option next to the accept option, There should be configurations for when an application is accepted or denied so that you have those move the post into a sub forum etc. 

I have an "Accepted" and a "Denied" sub-forum in which I move a post when it is approved or denied etc. This would be awesome to have.

1 minute ago, jamesluck01 said:

A suggestion to add a "Deny" option next to the accept option, There should be configurations for when an application is accepted or denied so that you have those move the post into a sub forum etc. 

I have an "Accepted" and a "Denied" sub-forum in which I move a post when it is approved or denied etc. This would be awesome to have.

That's already possible in the ModCP

7 hours ago, jamesluck01 said:

I meant when you look at the options on the AdminCP, you have the Approve option but no deny one. I can screenshot to show it.

Thanks for clarification. TBH, the plan is to remove this process from the ACP and to provide all the features in the frontend, that's why we haven't put that much effort and time into testing the ACP.

3 minutes ago, pilotguy said:

I have 3 applications that have been submitted, yet from the ModCP, the approval queue is empty...none of them have been approved though.

Hello,

they don't appear in the approval queue (yet. I have to admit that I like the idea)
They're only shown in the ACP and in the ModCP => Applications section

Just now, Fosters said:

Could you please review the application/positino settings.Is a primary or secondary group set?

"Positino setting"?  I'm not sure what you want me to check

I think I see what you're getting at...  Secondary group permissions??  If so, no not all of my secondary groups have permissions to approve this, nor do I want them to but I myself still am a part of those groups.

Primary group is set, yes.

Hi,

I'm looking for a plugin that will allow me to appoint a "leader" of a membership group who can approve/disapprove people who request to join that membership group.

Basically I have a game community and many different "clans" that have clan leaders. They have new members who join all the time and it's a real pain to go into the ACP and manually move that person into a different membership group. It's also inconvenient for the clan leader who wants that person to have access to their forums right away if there is a delay in getting them into the right membership group.

Does this plugin do this or is there another plugin you recommend?

Yes, this app can do this.  You'll have to create a new group, move the member who should be able to manage the approvals to this group and allow this group to manage applications.

BTW, we're aware that this isn't the best way to handle this and this is going to be improved in a future release.  Then you'll be able to assign members for each separate application which will be able to manage the submissions without making them moderators.

Edited by Fosters
9 minutes ago, joshuaj said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a plugin that will allow me to appoint a "leader" of a membership group who can approve/disapprove people who request to join that membership group.

Basically I have a game community and many different "clans" that have clan leaders. They have new members who join all the time and it's a real pain to go into the ACP and manually move that person into a different membership group. It's also inconvenient for the clan leader who wants that person to have access to their forums right away if there is a delay in getting them into the right membership group.

Does this plugin do this or is there another plugin you recommend?

If @Fosters adds club support, then I think that would be a better approach.  Create a club for each clan, and allow the clan leader to approve / deny. 

Just now, Joel R said:

If @Fosters adds club support, then I think that would be a better approach.  Create a club for each clan, and allow the clan leader to approve / deny. 

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the feedback. The club support plugin, is it strictly for the "clubs" function or does it extend to membership groups like I described above? I have groups that utilize their own private forum space. I haven't implemented the clubs feature on the board yet.

Move the forums into a private club. 

Applications Forms will allow you to move members into membergroups with whatever forum access right now, but requires you to create a new membergroups for every clan.  

I think clubs will require less overhead on you (as admin) since you won't need to create and manage membergroups.