Application Forms - Supporttopic

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2017 at 12:20 AM, joshuaj said:

Hi @Fosters, is there a way to reset the form? If I have a form selected to "allow user to apply only once", I don't see a way for me to delete the application. Am I over looking it? I'm running some test apps and I'm not sure how to reset the form so I can re apply.

I've tagged this as a suggestion for a new feature to allow Admins (or some special membergroup) to override the setting for testing purposes.

I don't have an ETA on this since I'll need to consider other implications, but it's something I'm thinking about.  

Hi @Fosters

We purchased this plugin a few months ago and it's been great. Recently we discovered what seems to be a bug. Once the first page of applications filled up we were unable to go to the 2nd page. If you click "next", the number "2", or set the page to view page 2 it repeatedly brings you back to the view form screen. 
IE; clicking any one of the buttons in the red box this image:
1.png.731a2b3ed1d386766a57f8026712e6c5.png

will take you back to the screen shown in this image:
2.thumb.png.96be1e507077441f1475c063ab5d9772.png

This bug is replicable and happens if you click any of those buttons inside the red box, top or bottom of the page. 
We are running IPB v. 4.2.5 on a IPB cloud account if it helps any. 
Thank you for your time. 

Edited by Aaron Figueroa
On 14.10.2017 at 8:47 PM, Sterlingz said:

This seems to be for the sorting of application forms? What about the submissions? 

I don't see any point for a custom sort for submissions, what would be the use case for this?:) Submissions are like topics, they can't be ordered, only sorted by a default field like title, date,etc...

7 hours ago, MasterShrive said:

Hi @Fosters I noticed that Yes/No options still only show 1 or 0. Is there plans to change it soon or is my installation still using old values?

Good job on the new changes!

I have improved this for the next release, but it won't be retroactive for already existing topics.

On 10/14/2017 at 1:34 PM, Aaron Figueroa said:

Hi @Fosters

We purchased this plugin a few months ago and it's been great. Recently we discovered what seems to be a bug. Once the first page of applications filled up we were unable to go to the 2nd page. If you click "next", the number "2", or set the page to view page 2 it repeatedly brings you back to the view form screen. 
IE; clicking any one of the buttons in the red box this image:
1.png.731a2b3ed1d386766a57f8026712e6c5.png

will take you back to the screen shown in this image:
2.thumb.png.96be1e507077441f1475c063ab5d9772.png

This bug is replicable and happens if you click any of those buttons inside the red box, top or bottom of the page. 
We are running IPB v. 4.2.5 on a IPB cloud account if it helps any. 
Thank you for your time. 

@Fosters any chance at all that you saw the above?

59ed55344e444_FostersApplicationFormsMarketplaceImage.jpg.49fbf95c79c0eb0cf0ddfb9649680a96.jpg

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the newest version of Application Forms v2.0.6, available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for download.  The newest version of Application Forms includes two new features to make it easier for your moderators to manage your forms.  

Sort Order

We have added a new reordering ability for your Application Forms, which allows you to move them up / down according to your preferences.  This option is available for Administrators when they manage the forms in the ACP.  

59ed5530e48f5_ApplicationFormssortorder.thumb.JPG.de5ffa8496910fe7d0305b060cda665b.JPG

Delete Submissions

Moderators have a new ability to delete user forms.  This is useful when:

• You want to delete improper or incomplete forms
  • You are testing and want to allow users to re-apply when the form only allows users to apply once
  • You want to clean up old forms that are no longer valid

The new permissions are located in ACP > Members > Moderators.  You will see a new tab dedicated to Application Forms.

59ed552fd2213_ApplicationFormspermissiondelete.thumb.JPG.1d93c78e2dc8e2e1a7340d10346503ed.JPG

On the front-end, your Moderators will be able to delete the form in the ModCP.  Click on a form's Details to see options to delete, deny, or approve.  

59ed552f570ea_ApplicationFormsmodcpdelete.thumb.JPG.a8951c78c2ebd161813ab62ae49dc377.JPG

Edited by Fosters

Would you happen to have a Demo on your website to try this out?

We are currently using Forms (created by Mike John). Which seems to work fine, tho one thing we would love in yours is this:

- When they fill out and create an application, it generates a Topic which goes to our Admin Section (which I'm sure it already has this)

- In the topic title will have their name, and whatever game they choose from the primary dropbox gets added to the topic name as well, including their age, here's an example:

ghostalain has made an Application - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND (Age:29)

This is something we need if we were to make the switch, the other thing we do is send them an Email which says they are approved, but its a long system of going to the Application Logs > Click on System and Choose Reply > A Box Opens with a preset message but the title is always "Re: Join Us" which we have to always change it to "You've been accepted as a Trial member for United We Stand!" > Send Reply. 

It's a long process just to send these people an acceptance email, I'm not sure if your application has say a 1 click button where we could send an email, if you don't have this you should maybe consider it, even if you make it as a separate application (click as an Example) I would buy this for say $5, or add it as a feature for your Application form. 

8 hours ago, United We Stand said:

Would you happen to have a Demo on your website to try this out?

We are currently using Forms (created by Mike John). Which seems to work fine, tho one thing we would love in yours is this:

- When they fill out and create an application, it generates a Topic which goes to our Admin Section (which I'm sure it already has this)

- In the topic title will have their name, and whatever game they choose from the primary dropbox gets added to the topic name as well, including their age, here's an example:

ghostalain has made an Application - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND (Age:29)

This is something we need if we were to make the switch, the other thing we do is send them an Email which says they are approved, but its a long system of going to the Application Logs > Click on System and Choose Reply > A Box Opens with a preset message but the title is always "Re: Join Us" which we have to always change it to "You've been accepted as a Trial member for United We Stand!" > Send Reply. 

It's a long process just to send these people an acceptance email, I'm not sure if your application has say a 1 click button where we could send an email, if you don't have this you should maybe consider it, even if you make it as a separate application (click as an Example) I would buy this for say $5, or add it as a feature for your Application form. 

Hi, thank you for considering Application Forms.

1.  Yes, we  use Application Forms for our own workflow to receive custom work from clients.  On our website https://fosters.tech/, go to Custom Proposals > Proposals.  

2.  Yes, it creates a topic in the forum of your choice.

3.  We have predefined certain tags you can insert into the topic title such as the Application title and membername.  We do not have tags for age and game, since those are inputs from custom fields that change for every form.  That information gets added to the body of the topic, not the title.  

4.  No email, but we're open to notification options to deny / approve a form.

Difference.png

When you choose Editor, this is the difference between yours and Mike's, on his the description field opens up and allows us to type and edit inside, yours remains as the basic field still.

Currently playing with yours and I'll give you feedback to help better yours since your application is pretty much half the cost of his.

Edited by United We Stand

Okay he's an example of both Apps being compared when I fill them out. The Checkbox Set for our Secondary Games area did not work as well (we have 15 options to choose from)

Is there anyway for you to give us more examples so I can (for example) add Age and our Main game to the title? Yours seems to only provide the name of the person and 1 more.

The top image is the one made by Fosters, the Bottom is the one made by Mike.

Example_Compare.png

The bullets are a little ugly compared to just being regularly placed, could you maybe give us some options to choose how it will be displayed?

When making the application, can you give us the option to choose the fields to be placed Under the title? Maybe even change the red bullet to "Require" or an option to choose this as well.

@Fosters is the one on the right. Like I mentioned before whatever game you click, on Fosters it just shows a number and not the title of the game.

Compare6.png

What about the other stuff. 

Like on yours it says "You can use %1$s to insert the application title and %2$s for the membername"

Are you able to allow other things too? For example if I do %3$s it turns the entire title to just 0 (yours does not allow for other values to be used, only %1$s and %2$s). On our other app form (the one created by Mike) we have it like below:

field_value_6  is a text field (Age we set it to) and it gives you Age in the title. 

field_value_44 is a select box (Main games) and it will display the Main Game they choose in the select box and add it to the Title. 

So is there a way you can allow this on yours?

On 10/30/2017 at 1:24 AM, United We Stand said:

What about the other stuff. 

Like on yours it says "You can use %1$s to insert the application title and %2$s for the membername"

Are you able to allow other things too? For example if I do %3$s it turns the entire title to just 0 (yours does not allow for other values to be used, only %1$s and %2$s). On our other app form (the one created by Mike) we have it like below:

field_value_6  is a text field (Age we set it to) and it gives you Age in the title. 

field_value_44 is a select box (Main games) and it will display the Main Game they choose in the select box and add it to the Title. 

So is there a way you can allow this on yours?

O yeah and also the Checkbox set not working.

On 30.10.2017 at 6:24 AM, United We Stand said:

It's on the roadmap for a future release, I don't like the idea to use %3$s for this, I want to provide a better, more userfriendly UI for this:)

8 hours ago, United We Stand said:

O yeah and also the Checkbox set not working.

Fixed in 2.1.0

On 3.11.2017 at 3:01 PM, jair101 said:

Is it possible to have a dynamic form? I.e. the fields change depending on the selected values of earlier fields. For example one radio button that when first option is selected will open one set of fields, second option will open another set of fields, etc. 

Sorry, that's not possible.

Edited by Fosters

59ffd790787f4_FostersApplicationFormsMarketplaceImage.jpg.05ef5d2791c6506de5343af28e308b8f.jpg

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the newest version of Application Forms v2.1.0, available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for download.  The newest version of Application Forms adds several great enhancements to your submission forms.

Form Display

We've now added two options to display your forms!  One option is Horizontal, which shows each field's title next to the user options.  The other option is Vertical,  which shows each field's title above the user options.  This display choice is configured in the Application settings, and gives admins greater control over displaying forms for certain layouts.  

59f644dab9ed7_AF-7Settingforformoutput.JPG.f45235dc43bcb5dedf72e3c85ddc8c18.thumb.JPG.322449a83e4cc81fbb66cc2e6e7903de.JPG

Checkboxes

Checkboxes are now easier to understand with output options for Yes / No instead of the ID ;)

Apply Once

Control your forms better by allowing users to only apply once.  This is an existing feature already in Application Forms, and we're now expanding upon it by not allowing users to apply once they've already applied once.  When users visit the list of open applications, they won't see an Apply button next to the form.    

Automatic Post on Approve / Deny

59ff41f26111f_ApproveDenyforumpost.JPG.5313ea3bdd613eb7044c84e4ec372e2d.thumb.JPG.3dfbe54877403304f03573bc178558d8.JPG

ApplicationAction Extension

Third-party developers can now hook into Application Forms by utilzing our ApplicationAction extension.  This gives the ability for any modder to utilize Application Forms with their own application to build amazing integration.

Several other enhancements and bug fixes have been released in v2.1.0, so we encourage you to check out the latest version or pick up a copy in the IPS Marketplace!  The application is still a work-in-progress, so please share your feedback and bug reports in the Project Manager.  

Edited by Fosters