Application Forms - Supporttopic

On 8/17/2017 at 9:16 AM, Joel R said:

If @Fosters adds club support, then I think that would be a better approach.  Create a club for each clan, and allow the clan leader to approve / deny. 

How this would work:

- Assign user with mod permissions to approve / deny submission 

- New setting: add user to club(s)

I have installed your forms and today was notified by 2 of my users that whenever they attempt to apply to the form they receive a "2app" error. I can find absolutely nothing on google about this error. 

5.thumb.png.1d059b265057885caa4d851d25b44db9.png

I have the form setup as such:

Guests register and become "Recruit" ranked users. Recruits then apply for membership. Once the application form (your plugin) is approved they are moved into the group "Rank 2: Private" and tagged with a secondary group "Member" so that they can see member forums. 

I have the permissions set on this application set such that only admins can see the applications and only recruits can see the apply for membership button. 

I would greatly appreciate if you could explain what a 2app error is and how to fix it. 

You can see from the photos below how I have this setup. 

1.thumb.png.42f5ddefdd8a600aa4af598d940f4d14.png

2.thumb.png.a67679a1b52e578ec10794b5e3e0149c.png

3.thumb.png.9ba1431913045b7a09efa173e3030250.png

4.thumb.png.c3d04c07105e8c2d7ed6aa55252aeaeb.png

2 minutes ago, Aaron Figueroa said:

I have installed your forms and today was notified by 2 of my users that whenever they attempt to apply to the form they receive a "2app" error. I can find absolutely nothing on google about this error. 

5.thumb.png.1d059b265057885caa4d851d25b44db9.png

I have the form setup as such:

Guests register and become "Recruit" ranked users. Recruits then apply for membership. Once the application form (your plugin) is approved they are moved into the group "Rank 2: Private" and tagged with a secondary group "Member" so that they can see member forums. 

I have the permissions set on this application set such that only admins can see the applications and only recruits can see the apply for membership button. 

I would greatly appreciate if you could explain what a 2app error is and how to fix it. 

You can see from the photos below how I have this setup. 

1.thumb.png.42f5ddefdd8a600aa4af598d940f4d14.png

2.thumb.png.a67679a1b52e578ec10794b5e3e0149c.png

3.thumb.png.9ba1431913045b7a09efa173e3030250.png

4.thumb.png.c3d04c07105e8c2d7ed6aa55252aeaeb.png

Have they probably already applied?

1 minute ago, Fosters said:

Have they probably already applied?

If I click the eye icon in admin cp beside the form name to view the applicants I see this:

1.thumb.png.c06a425548da0a5bac82884f43994ba7.png

I am fifth. I am the only person who has applied. And even though I've applied, if I knock my account down to a recruit rank the button will appear for me on the menu bar and clicking it brings the form up just fine. 

2.thumb.png.010fa6ac4f4e2f1e196a6efef4c25301.png

Do you have any idea what a 2app error is and why two of my users (and more presumably because this isn't exactly the kind of crowd that's good with notifying you of problems) would encounter it?

Is there a way to allow my admins to create new applications?  When they go into their Admin CP, they can see the applications that I made, but no open to create a new one or to add fields to the current ones.  I don't want to be the only one able to add applications.  They are set to be able to access the section and to manage positions.  Am I missing a setting or is this not possible? 

Hi,

I recently installed this plugin and it works great!  Except one small hitch.  I have a form set viewable by guests but not submittable.  However, when a guest arrives at the form they are met with this error:

Sorry, there is a problem
You are not allowed to submit this form
Error code: 2app_cant_apply

How can I have this form viewable by guests but not submittable?

Edited by Cavadus
6 hours ago, Cavadus said:

Hi,

I recently installed this plugin and it works great!  Except one small hitch.  I have a form set viewable by guests but not submittable.  However, when a guest arrives at the form they are met with this error:

How can I have this form viewable by guests but not submittable?

Is the form set to be only once appliable?

Another quick question, how long does an application benefit take to process?  I set up a form that, when submitted, is supposed to move a user into a specific usergroup but it does not appear to happen instantaneously.

UPDATE: Two hours later, still no joy.  Had two forum members test this and neither of them had their usergroup updated.

DOUBLE UPDATE:  Ah, it's not automatic.  Needs to be approved in admincp.  Got it.

Edited by Cavadus

Have a small feature request for some day down the line but if you set a form to create a topic it would be nice if approving a form through the admin CP would auto-post a reply in that topic.

I run a gaming guild and am using the app for our membership application.  We have about half a dozen officers who can process apps but it would be nice if approving an app would submit a reply to the original thread created saying the app was processed on this date by this user.

Awesome app, though.  Thanks a bunch :)

59c0826110235_FostersApplicationFormsMarketplaceImage.jpg.a4761d5b0751cfbe4a43e952532ee771.jpg

Foster's Tutorials: Recruiting Form

1. Introduction

Application Forms by @Fosters is a powerful and versatile tool that you can use in many ways.  In today's tutorial, we're going to create the app to create a "recruiting form" for a position.  This can be applied to any of the following scenarios:

• Nonprofit / Charity: Apply for an outreach position
  • Gaming / Fan Groups: Apply for a clansmen or tribal lead
  • Customer Support: Apply for a brand certification
  • Employee Intranet: Apply for a project or department role

If you need to manage and invite new members to fill key roles, you can use Application Forms to fill those roles and ensure the best quality of candidates.  Set up your own recruiting forms with your own set of questions to be reviewed later by your staff.  

In our example, we'll be using a fictional example of applying for the Gryffindor House of Hogwarts.  We will walk through the basics of setting up an application, setting up fields, and reviewing permissions.  

KfaKQq2-gryffindor-wallpaper.thumb.jpg.49b5929b9bb70b559838fa0f449ed22c.jpg

Edited by Fosters

2. Creating an Application

The first step is to create a new Application Form.  

1. In the ACP, Navigate to Community > Application Forms - Forms
  2. Click on "+ Create New"

59c08542ca28f_AppForm1.thumb.png.77678e3b9201829b865c9bb7f3ff9ddc.png

You will see all of your Application Forms listed here for easy access.  As an advanced note, you can click on the "eye" icon to view all users who applied for the position.

You will be presented with the settings for your Application Forms.  

1. Fill out all of the fields, such as Form Name, Description, Instructions, Submit Message, and the options.  Here are some helpful hints:
    1. Form Name is Required
    2. You can use images, banners, links, or videos in your Description to brighten up the information.
    3. Instructions appear after user applies.  
    4. Application Benefits will move the user into various groups
    5. Recommended: check YES on Log Data to keep a history of all applications
  2. Click Save.  You should see the Application Form listed in the list.  

59c088dfa8541_AppForm3.thumb.png.a18630d8b6969cba2326817db906c174.png

This is my example of a completed Application Form with all of the settings filled out.  Notice how I use images and colors to brighten up the description.

59c087d088579_AppForm2.thumb.jpg.2e339c362ad2f7e28b646a93d84a6c1b.jpg

Edited by Fosters

3.  Creating Fields

You've created the Application Form, but it's empty.  You need to add custom fields to ask questions.  Application Forms includes a powerful array of custom fields, including address, email, textbox, polls, radio buttons, and many other choices.  

You can mix-and-match and add unlimited number of fields to your Application Forms.  It's entirely up to you!

1. Click on "+" icon to add field.
  2. Fill out the settings such as Field Name, Description, and Field Type.  Here are some helpful hints:
    1. Recommended: Description is not required, but highly recommended since it subtitles your query and gives more information.  For example, you can describe how you want them to fill out the field, what sorts of background information you want, and more.  
  3. Click Save

59c08a0a6bff2_AppForm4.thumb.png.0ef9cdac2889e0f0d8fed7e7103fc81b.png

Field Types that are particularly useful for interview questions are Editor, Poll, Radio, or Select Box.  Try them all out and see which ones you like!

Keep adding fields until you ask all of your questions.  

59c08a851d256_AppForm5.thumb.png.17e8f2e19c0ef01733c03c43f3a36cd2.png

You can edit your fields by clicking on the "pencil" icon.  You can copy your fields by clicking on the "copy" icon.  

4.  Permissions

As a final check on everything before we let the Application Form goes live, let's check on the Permissions:

1. Click on your form's dropdown arrow > Permissions
  2. Change the permissions

59c08bd0a26ed_AppForm6.thumb.JPG.d4eb46b43ee9a2cb846ca94195d37efa.JPG

You can adjust the permissions for each Application Form you make.

59c08bcf7a9af_AppForm6A.thumb.JPG.c3fc618b41a16f4ddc861b11a3902541.JPG

Change the permissions to anything you require.  For example, you may want to disallow guests from viewing or applying.  You may only want to allow Administrators to manage submissions.

5.  Final Look

Congratulations!  You've walked through all of the steps to create a recruiting form, which can be customized to anything you want.  We encourage you to try it out and see how creative you can get with the app, since the app allows unlimited custom fields with a variety of field types.  

This is what the finished Application Form looks like:

59c08defc5521_AppForm10A.thumb.png.b2a2c4d1fc84efd4d2518973ca6350ee.png

Apply for the House of Gryffindor and get sorted!

59c08e05b529c_AppForm10B.thumb.png.6d7bbeae9747059e280123eee09b89cc.png

Answer truthfully for the Sorting Hat.

59cb01a032fdc_FostersThankYou.jpg.bb2c8ecf6b5f77d932db05cfc6f30cec.jpg

We would like to sincerely thank all customers of Application Forms, making it the #1 most popular application in the IPS Marketplace as of today.  Thank you for trusting us with your third-party needs as Fosters Crew builds new and delightful apps for your IPS community. We're delighted at the chance to serve you and your users as we build the most awesome communities using the best software ever!  :)

59cb0234c22a9_MarketplaceFosters.thumb.JPG.f51b5c9092cb6c5dadd968d3bf963e71.JPG

Hey, I sent a PM to the author, but figured I should post it here.  No one, besides admins, can see the forums that I've made.  I get an error screen, pic is below.  Permissions are set for view & apply for the members.  I've even extended it to manage apps and they still can't see it. I went to where it explains to go and there is only one option, of which, is checked and green. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.edf79f3a4354e907f3f893391741515c.PNG

2 minutes ago, Jim Kelly said:

Hey, I sent a PM to the author, but figured I should post it here.  No one, besides admins, can see the forums that I've made.  I get an error screen, pic is below.  Permissions are set for view & apply for the members.  I've even extended it to manage apps and they still can't see it. I went to where it explains to go and there is only one option, of which, is checked and green. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.edf79f3a4354e907f3f893391741515c.PNG

OMG, nevermind, I did the drop down in the AdminCP - system - apps.  The 'Members' group wasn't check off there.  It's working now!