Jump to content

Application Forms - Supporttopic


Fosters

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, The Guy said:

So I downloaded your app,

However I am having issues installing it? I just don't understand the directory. I tried to download the readme.txt however I get an error on the marketplace. I'm so confused. :( and I can't download the readme thing.

So any installations tutorials?

We've sent you a PM with the readme file.  Please let us know if you have any installation troubles.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2018 at 9:02 PM, Fosters said:

Sorry to bring this up again. Do you mean inside the automatically created topic? Or on the ModCP page? Where exactly?

Sorry, late reply!

To clarify, yes, in the topic that is created by the user that submitted the application.

Would look like:

Name: Joe
Age: 30
Random other checkboxes: Yes/No

-------- vv- option to add at the end of the application -vv --------
Have they posted more that 10 times:
Have they read the rules:
Other clerical info etc:

The extra bits at the end are for moderators to then check and edit in (yes/no etc) as they complete the "checklist" during the applicants trial period. Right now, the user submits the application, it gets created in a restricted forum section and then a moderator has to edit the topic and add in the checklist at the end - We used to be on phpbb years back that had the option that I am describing that did it automatically at creation.

Perhaps in the AdminCP part where you create the application questions, have an option to create a textfield(or other text options) that is added after the user submits(the user can't obviously see it when using the form). 

Hope that helps, let me know if there's anything more to clarify. Thanks again for considering it, it should be useful to others as well, I'm sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2018 at 3:14 AM, MasterShrive said:

Sorry, late reply!

To clarify, yes, in the topic that is created by the user that submitted the application.

Would look like:


Name: Joe
Age: 30
Random other checkboxes: Yes/No

-------- vv- option to add at the end of the application -vv --------
Have they posted more that 10 times:
Have they read the rules:
Other clerical info etc:

The extra bits at the end are for moderators to then check and edit in (yes/no etc) as they complete the "checklist" during the applicants trial period. Right now, the user submits the application, it gets created in a restricted forum section and then a moderator has to edit the topic and add in the checklist at the end - We used to be on phpbb years back that had the option that I am describing that did it automatically at creation.

Perhaps in the AdminCP part where you create the application questions, have an option to create a textfield(or other text options) that is added after the user submits(the user can't obviously see it when using the form). 

Hope that helps, let me know if there's anything more to clarify. Thanks again for considering it, it should be useful to others as well, I'm sure.

 

Thank you for the mock-up.  We will consider it for a future release.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2018 at 7:00 PM, Fosters said:

As an update, we were able to manually register @JTHastings on our website.  If anyone else has any issues registering on Fosters.Tech, please let us know.

FostersJ  

Discovered the issue...a Support Ticket was submitted and the problem was quickly identified and resolved. My IP Address was on the Spam list.

Knowledge gained: I did not know that it probably wasn't a good thing to create several accounts from my own IP Address WITH the Spam Defense enabled. Apparently, when you do this it flags your IP as a spammer and adds it to the master db resulting in issues trying to create an additional account at your own site AS WELL AS other IPS boards that have Spam Defense turned on! The proper way to do it is to turn Spam Defense off BEFORE creating the additional accounts so that your IP is not flagged!

I didn't know this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Bluedrake42 said:

image.thumb.png.1a954082f9927f3bede951a228419d45.png

Also for some strange reason there is only one person per entire page... and also the approve button seems to be missing pretty often?

Hi, please verify that you are a purchaser by letting us know when you bought the item from the IPS Marketplace and your Invoice #.  We will be happy to help you.

FostersJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SCE_Ghost said:

Sorry wrong way to explain, is there a way to add more than one field option, I see a drop down for all the various options for the field but nothing to make a second field.

That's of course already possible:)

 

You're able to add as many elements as you want on the ACP page where the forms and fields are managed

5a5b9d609d6df_35ApplicationCustomFields.

Just click on the + icon to add another form element.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, priyesh.mehta94@gmail.com said:

Any idea when will the next update come out? I purchased the app but there are bugs in it which is not letting me us it with my community. Looking forward to the update.

The new release will come once IPS 4.3 is stable.

 

I'm not aware of any critical bugs in the recent version.What bug is a show stopper for you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, it's not a huge issue, and I apologize if it's been brought up but it seems this app overrides any other forum permission--not bad per se--but I don't know if it's related to another problem I'm having--I have the Discord integration app and in forums where I have these application forms being submitted to, I can't get the discord notifications to work at all. Any reason why or is it something inherent in the design of this app? Is a "fix" (assuming it is a problem) in the works?

 

Other than this, I love the app so far.

 

Thanks,

Ryan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2018 at 9:40 AM, Fosters said:

The new release will come once IPS 4.3 is stable.

 

I'm not aware of any critical bugs in the recent version.What bug is a show stopper for you?

Hi, the issue is that when I add the app widget to the sidebar it only shows one form instead of multiple forms that I have set up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats fixed in the next release, but thats really a show stopper for you?:(

 

8 hours ago, Fighting 13th said:

So, it's not a huge issue, and I apologize if it's been brought up but it seems this app overrides any other forum permission--not bad per se--but I don't know if it's related to another problem I'm having--I have the Discord integration app and in forums where I have these application forms being submitted to, I can't get the discord notifications to work at all. Any reason why or is it something inherent in the design of this app? Is a "fix" (assuming it is a problem) in the works?

 

Other than this, I love the app so far.

 

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi,

no this app doesn’t change any forum permissions. It doesn’t hook into any forum feature at all, it’s only creating the topic .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

each time you submit a form, my friends receive errors of this type:

Error: Call to a member function item() on null (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\email_html_applicationform_notification_submission(Object(IPS\applicationform\Position\Data), Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php))
#1 /home/forum1/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(683): call_user_func_array('IPS\\Theme\\email...', Array)
#2 /home/forum1/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(266): IPS\_Email::template('applicationform', 'notification_su...', 'html', Array)
#3 /home/forum1/public_html/system/Email/Email.php(609): IPS\_Email->compileContent('html', Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#4 /home/forum1/public_html/system/Notification/Notification.php(507): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#5 /home/forum1/public_html/system/Notification/Notification.php(488): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#6 /home/forum1/public_html/applications/applicationform/sources/Helper/Notification.php(62): IPS\_Notification->send()
#7 /home/forum1/public_html/applications/applicationform/sources/Position/Position.php(425): IPS\applicationform\Helper\_Notification::sendNotificationForSubmission(Object(IPS\applicationform\Position\Data))
#8 /home/forum1/public_html/applications/applicationform/modules/front/applications/form.php(54): IPS\applicationform\_Position->handleForm(Array)
#9 /home/forum1/public_html/applications/applicationform/modules/front/applications/form.php(29): IPS\applicationform\modules\front\applications\_form->_showForm()
#10 /home/forum1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\applicationform\modules\front\applications\_form->manage()
#11 /home/forum1/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/forum1/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...