Inactive Members & Real Last Activity Supporttopic

4 hours ago, United We Stand said:

Just wondering if you can have it so that when someone logs back in that they will be set back to their last known group.

This would highly benefit our community and make our life much easier, we had an app like this on IPB3 and MIA got set back upon login.

It’s a very very very high priority item on our todo list

I am really interested in using this product on our web site but have a question on the e-mail function for @Fosters.

We have a subscription service on our web site. Once people subscribe there are some that don't log in for a period of time or use the site for a while and then drop off. What we would like to do is to give them suggestions via e-mail at say 15 days of inactivity. The subscribers are in a separate group from the rest of the users of the site so they are easy to filter that way.

So the question is: If a user is inactive for 15 days, is e-mailed, goes inactive for 15 days again, and then become active again will they receive the e-mail twice or only the first time they become inactive?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Janyour said:

hello, we arre very intersted in this app

is there any coming updates ?

Yes, we have a new update in the pipeline implementing the suggestion to move members back into a special group once they get back ( https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/433489-inactive-members-real-last-activity-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2727695 ) but we were really holding off any additional work for 4.3 to see what it's going to break and if it's requiring any additional bug fixing.

On 2/2/2018 at 7:07 AM, iancassel said:

I am really interested in using this product on our web site but have a question on the e-mail function for @Fosters.

We have a subscription service on our web site. Once people subscribe there are some that don't log in for a period of time or use the site for a while and then drop off. What we would like to do is to give them suggestions via e-mail at say 15 days of inactivity. The subscribers are in a separate group from the rest of the users of the site so they are easy to filter that way.

So the question is: If a user is inactive for 15 days, is e-mailed, goes inactive for 15 days again, and then become active again will they receive the e-mail twice or only the first time they become inactive?

They will be emailed each time they reach 15 days of inactivity.  Here's a really quick mock-up of how you can make our app reach your members:

2018-02-22-19-34-demo_community_com.thumb.png.918af65505e8f215bb5a2b886bc3cc31.png

Set number of inactive days at 15.  You can choose to email, move, or delete the member.  

As a recommended best practice, we've seen the most successful sites use a series of email notifications.  For example, you can customize different messages for 15 days, 30 days, 90 days, and 180 days.  After that, you can move the users to a completely separate group where you can then use IPS Bulk Mail to target them with customized messages.  

FostersJ

• 1 month later...
On 27/01/2018 at 5:52 PM, Fosters said:

@Fosters

Hoping to maybe get an update on this soon, we have been getting a few complaints since we integrated our Teamspeak and Website which has been working great, but for those that are MIA don't get set back automatically and are having to wait until a Staff helps out, or they log on Teamspeak as MIA but not the website and we can't help them until they actually log into the website (if we set them to member it will just set them back as MIA until they log in unless we log in AS them via a password change which we don't want to do)

142.png 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! @Fosters

I posed the problem here and I did not have a solution.

This application leaves the tasks of the forum congested. It must be because of the large number of members I have.

We're sorry you had problems with the tasks.  In the future, we would welcome you to post in the Support Topic as designated in the file description for us to investigate your issue with more details, and we can work on optimizing the queue / task list for large boards.  

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8372-inactive-members/?do=findReview&review=11339

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/433489-inactive-members-real-last-activity-supporttopic/?do=findComment&comment=2715784

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this tool will become even more important as the GDPR will be introduced in 4 days and also due to other (inter)national regulations (on top of the GDPR) careful email handling will become a high priority requirement, too. As there are no options to cleanup "older email addresses" (missing bulk cleanup / unsubscribe options, bulk reacception of rules functionality) in the IPS suite, we are probably legally bound to just cleanup high member counts. It will be very painful for our community as we will lose massive (former) member ressources and marketing power, but I don't see any other possibility to get rid of the biggest legal risks.

Are there any news about the 4.3 compatibility yet please?

Maybe, as a future suggestion for a new "inactive member app option", a "bulk email opt-out" as an alternative to "member deletion/group demotion" could be a great gain for the app, to keep members in their active groups but simply cancel their opt-in.

11 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I think this tool will become even more important as the GDPR will be introduced in 4 days and also due to other (inter)national regulations (on top of the GDPR) careful email handling will become a high priority requirement, too. As there are no options to cleanup "older email addresses" (missing bulk cleanup / unsubscribe options, bulk reacception of rules functionality) in the IPS suite, we are probably legally bound to just cleanup high member counts. It will be very painful for our community as we will lose massive (former) member ressources and marketing power, but I don't see any other possibility to get rid of the biggest legal risks.

Maybe, as a future suggestion for a new "inactive member app option", a "bulk email opt-out" as an alternative to "member deletion/group demotion" could be a great gain for the app, to keep members in their active groups but simply cancel their opt-in.

Amazing idea

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, Cyboman said:

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, Fosters said:

We'll release it next week

Sorry for requestioning ? Is the current version compatible with 4.3 and operating correctly?

Just asking before I'm going to start moving tens of thousands of members in a HUGE database in the live installation, so to go sure that no irreversible problems occur.

13 minutes ago, AshieF73 said:

Hi,

I purchased and installed this earlier, but it doesn't actually process any of the roles, deleting users or moving them no matter what information I entered. I am on 4.3.3  Can you please check (or refund).  Thanks. 

Works fine here.
Could we probably get your ACP login credentials to take a look?

2 hours ago, JTHastings said:

This new version created something unusual in my Applications listings....

Snag_3ad7f70.thumb.png.664e884fd6beade942472c564f26abd0.png

Sorry for this, I've forgotten that we haven't released our fosters core app which allowed one to have links here. I'm going to remove it:)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 12:58 PM, United We Stand said:

Just wondering if you can have it so that when someone logs back in that they will be set back to their last known group.

This would highly benefit our community and make our life much easier, we had an app like this on IPB3 and MIA got set back upon login.

On 1/27/2018 at 5:52 PM, Fosters said:

Just thought I'd bring this back up again since we would (along with anyone else who owns this) would love such a feature.

@Fosters Help me please 1f64f.png

Problems in Background Processes !!!

The Emailing inactive members task takes more than 100 hours to complete. Locking up other important tasks.

This delay should be due to the large number of users I have. (+300,000 members)

Would there be any way to optimize this script or decrease the priority of this task? Letting the others run.

Any solution please ....

tarefas.thumb.png.6b774d638a74ac74894fe7fa1a7d5701.png